Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

3rd attempt we were once again pretty confident about sealing him, I mean we just did it right? Unable to seal them at all and with 20-30ish people he is allowed to despawn.
    When AV 1st pop we had 23 people, we died patheticly after 20 min we let it depop.
    2nd attempt we were pretty confident about sealing him, I mean we just did it right? Kill his wyverns, nothing. Kill his wyverns again... nothing. I watch a video someone had luckily made of the fight and happened to catch a bit of the log from when we killed wyverns. The death blow to the first wyvern we killed was from (don't laugh) a mnk using Faith Bags. Map kills one of the wyverns (lolimpulsedrive), BLMs nuke the other 2, no two hours! @60% or so, no bracelets, sam gets sash, etc. lol.
    2nd fight we also tried to use the sea weapons, and all other methods + trial and error. Fyi almost all of our sams have nin jobs so no drama xD

Edit: Claim page 17 o_O

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I watched the whole fight the other night, and it seemed pretty clear to me that AV is originally claimed in his weak state, and as soon as he kills someone he goes berserk. While Odinohmega was holding him for hours and hours he never once got hit with a TP move, spell, or 2hr right after claiming him. It was only after he died that AV would go berserk on someone else. Remember when he first popped? Hit Diass for 502, 506, etc. no 2hrs, lost hate. Someone else claimed, it melee'd them to death, then it summoned wynavs and started raping people, because he has party aggro.

What the alliance did to beat him was pretty simple. They had one PLD drop from alliance, sac pull him to camp, let him lose hate to reset the fight, then the alliance engaged. From that point on, AV killed absolutely no one, and therefore he never got any of his powers.

I really doubt tho when AV was killed noone died on it the entire fight?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Daleth
    I watched the whole fight the other night, and it seemed pretty clear to me that AV is originally claimed in his weak state, and as soon as he kills someone he goes berserk. While Odinohmega was holding him for hours and hours he never once got hit with a TP move, spell, or 2hr right after claiming him. It was only after he died that AV would go berserk on someone else. Remember when he first popped? Hit Diass for 502, 506, etc. no 2hrs, lost hate. Someone else claimed, it melee'd them to death, then it summoned wynavs and started raping people, because he has party aggro.

What the alliance did to beat him was pretty simple. They had one PLD drop from alliance, sac pull him to camp, let him lose hate to reset the fight, then the alliance engaged. From that point on, AV killed absolutely no one, and therefore he never got any of his powers.
    Best first post ever.

New, insightful, backed with evidence from experience. Thumbs up.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I dont get it, you said the first time, the PLD died > lost hate > someone claimed > then AV started raping people.

Then in paragraph 2, you said PLD died > Lost hate > another allience claimed and he was normal.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by NEmINIS
    I was watching and curing the whole fight, even though outside alliance its hard to "PLD was defeated by Absolute Virtue"

And BLMs only took hate about 4 times the whole fight, where AV got 1-2 hits on them until PLDs took hate back.

0 deaths the final attempt.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

I dont get it, you said the first time, the PLD died > lost hate > someone claimed > then AV started raping people.

Then in paragraph 2, you said PLD died > Lost hate > another allience claimed and he was normal.
    Not what he said.. you got Paragraph2 right, but the other is a bit off. He said a PLD was holding it till ppl showed up, then died. Seperate alliance (fight alliance) claimed. The person in the alliance who claimed, died from regular melee attacks, and then it followed up with 2 hours.

edit: also, forgot to mention, this is the FIRST time i've ever heard this idea. Seems pretty viable to me that all the LSs that fought him had someone die early in the fight which triggered the two hours, and very unlikely that people would correlate the death to the hard mode. Definitely something that should be looked into as the possible key.

Vobent

He never said the PLD died, just lost hate. I think Worldshaker (NIN) took hate then. But I was to busy running away/laughing my ass off at everyone scattering like cockroaches after a light is turned on.

and my BLM got agro from a gob while typing this almost died

Maybe its only the person on top of the hate list he is not allowed to kill..
    like aoe and that stuff doesnt count

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ah ok, this theory sounds really good imo.

So long as nobody in the current allience dies, he should stay contained?

Kinda fits the whole sin theory, he does pop un aggro and asks why you've brought him here, then if he kills someone, he has "Sinned" and then all hell breaks loose and is unable to control himself.

Maybe he was never broken

He definately summons wyverns without the need to kill people.

I dont think that theorey is right interesting as it is, because it doesnt work in terms of what happened to people prior to this attempt.

For example, when we were killing him at the wall, he stood there and took it like a bitch for the majority of the fight. Noone died between 100% > 40%. All of a sudden, bam, bracelets, wyverns, 2hrs, death.

Also, one of the attempts after holding it on a lvl 1 reraising job for 2hrs, resetting all hate each time the lvl 1 dies. When we decide to pull it properly and try, instant chainspell meteor before it even damages anyone. If this is the theorey, then the mob is bugged as hell. We have had plenty of experiences of AV raping people left right and center while not spamming abilities or 2hrs, and conversly plenty of experiences of him using abilities without killing anyone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NEmINIS
    Its typo, but he's correct from that point no one died.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kinda fits the whole sin theory, he does pop un aggro and asks why you've brought him here, then if he kills someone, he has "Sinned" and then all hell breaks loose and is unable to control himself.

Maybe he was never broken ;)
    AV does NOT pop un-aggro, I do not know who started this rumor. When we killed JoL, AV popped and began beating on me before he could even finish talking.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob

AV does NOT pop un-aggro, I do not know who started this rumor. When we killed JoL, AV popped and began beating on me before he could even finish talking.
    There was a fraps from not too long ago when JoL was first taken down by a JP team. When he popped, he just stood there from what I could tell.

Anyways, what determines how much hp is given via spirit link/what procs it? I could see holding wynavs @1% while av is being kited from point a through d by multiple blink tanks, basically staying alive until you can bring AV into spirit link range.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius

There was a fraps from not too long ago when JoL was first taken down by a JP team. When he popped, he just stood there from what I could tell.

Anyways, what determines how much hp is given via spirit link/what procs it? I could see holding wynavs @1% while av is being kited from point a through d by multiple blink tanks, basically staying alive until you can bring AV into spirit link range.
    I can assure you that you are mistaken, since I did not attack or do anything to AV and he immediately aggrod me.

Spirit Linking is most likely a waste. The Wynavs have very crappy HP totals. AV himself isn't too damage resistant, and you'd be better off directly damaging him instead of leaving those bastard Wynavs alive. When we fought AV, the vast majority of his damage output was coming from those Wynavs most of the time, as they love to spam tier III -ga.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Why would you want to hold Wynavs that do 4k Mijin Gakure's when there seems to be a mean for them not to be summonned ?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

True. He is, however, passive after he has lost all hate.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I can assure you that you are mistaken, since I did not attack or do anything to AV and he immediately aggrod me.
    You are clearly licking him in your sig. I know if some random dude licked me, I would kick his ass. Maybe AV aggros emotes! joke joke.

The whole, AV is a wimp until he kills someone sounds stupid imo. Makes no real sense to me. I have seen endless vids and SS of him just running around killing everyone and everything. I am sure I saw times when everyone lost aggro, then a couple seconds later someone aggrod him and he kept up his crazy death rampage. Just sounds like a complete stretch.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

All popped NMs in Sea are like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

All popped NMs in Sea are like that.
    Most of the popped NMs are all naturally passive mob types anyway (aerns, hpemde, xzomit, etc.)