Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I haven't noticed anyone mention this directly, but.. after killing the Ix'drg, did it stop summoning wynavs? I read that the said LS had BLMs lined up for wynavs that can be summoned. Were they actually being summoned or were those BLMs there for 'just-in-case wynavs are summoned'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Anyways to the topic at hand. I for one think it is very very cool that you need so many people to kill this. This is the ultimate boss apparently and you need the highest level of team work to defeat it if the theory is a true.

I know a lot of ppl have the feeling "We want to be able to beat it with just our LS, we want the drops for ourselves, we want the title for ourselves, we dont want to haul 50+ ppl to kill one thing!" And initially I was feeling the same way. Well if that the case then this boss isnt for that mindset and you should just stick to wyrms and let AV depop when u kill JoL. If this theory and strategy holds true it represents the highest tiered boss in the game imo. Think about for a second how differnent this is compared to the usual, throw 18-30 ppl at it and find a strat. This is a truely unique and apparently very cleverly designed NM. Like I said, all this is based on te assumption that the theory is true. If it is I stand on my opnion. If not. F**** u SE for putting a retarded undefeatable NM in the game!!!! ^____^
    I disagree.. It's not so much teamwork as it's just "let's get as many BLMs and WHMs as we can, cure bomb all the tanks and manaburn AV to death rotating them after they use all their MP."

I'm not trying to insult theirs or anyone's strategy, but just trying to make a point... It's just far from what true teamwork means. If anything, having an NM this difficult makes teamwork less likely. All it does is change it into a huge zerg fest, with little skill or actual strategy needed. I don't know about you but I've had way more fun on Tiamat kills with 15-20 people where teamwork is essential, compared to having 30-40 where you can suck and still win just because of how many people you can get at once.

If AV fights really have to be like this, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Imagine if this is true... how badly you could fuck another linkshell over by popping one of the important NMs and just holding it for a while >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Nagamaki
    From page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyna
    After we were done, AV continued to use his 2hrs a bit more, then when we got into the flow of tanking (after we wiped a few times) it hasn't used its 2hrs since.
    This sort of comment is why people are doubting this strategy being what actually blocked his 2hours. If killing the other NMs locked his 2hours, why did it continue to use them "a bit more" before stopping? Did it use each one a single time and then was no longer able to reuse them? Did they kill every single NM or only the aerns, or only tier 1s, or...? Maybe the people posting were confused and are making things sound fishier than they actually were, but going exclusively by what's been posted, it sounds pretty damn unclear.
    The strat itself was built on assumption, because we have never actually seen any AV till today. We've only killed once with straight tanking, if you guys want to find out more about AV, you can pop it and find out yourself. The assumption on stopping 2 hr after killing all of the NM inside and one Jailer of Faith by the JP still needs to be proven. We need more AV but why flamming the thread, instead you can try other assumptions or methods to defeat AV on your own.
    The Jailor of Love is designed for MillenniumSK(Sea&Kings) and most member either too tired and sleep or working like myself, we tried our best and called the JP LS friend for more backup. We also made some other methods too & as mentioned before JP made the assumption and we tried that as well. This is only our 1st AV, please be kind, once we got more experience on killing more AV then we can make a claim. Ironmog LS has also reached up to 5 JoL and a few AV, i am sure they can also share their opinion.

Archeons,
    Millennium LS

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

I don't think anyone is meaning any disrespect, just pointing out that the strat for sealing AV's two hours unfortunately remains "fight it until he decides he's bored of two houring."

Yeah no one is really flaming, I think people are just trying to understand all of this. Although I love mystery about certain things in MMO's, this encounter is going a little too far and a lot of us are really frustrated with the way sea turned out.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not what I expected when I woke up and saw the thread title, gratz on the kill.

Ignoring the 2hours and such I'm wondering how exactly you guys straight tanked thru the sheer damage output AV can toss out in Meleeing

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor

Ignoring the 2hours and such I'm wondering how exactly you guys straight tanked thru the sheer damage output AV can toss out in Meleeing
    The power of multiple PLD/NIN

aegis helps

Earlier in the post he mentioned that they had 3 PLD/NIN tanks, two of which had Aegis, along with a great deal of WHMs supporting them.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin

Earlier in the post he mentioned that they had 3 PLD/NIN tanks, two of which had Aegis, along with a great deal of WHMs supporting them.
    Tbh I didn't really read all the posts in this so I guess that answers my question <_<

So the answer to AV is 70+ people, killing all the jailers and Ix'aerns, and PLD/NINs equipped with Aegis? Sweet

Banned.

BG Level

They killed the NM's outside, at least I read that somewhere in this thread
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOL

Level up!

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

lies, the JPs were trading goblin drinks to the ebon panels at 100% moon

Banned.

BG Level

If SE's idea was an addition of a monster that was not meant to reach 'farmable' status, they might have suceeded with AV.

Everytime AV pop, it went on frenzy mode, 3 Plds or 100 nins won't matter it will kill you. We were thinking on preset on the no of ppl that can be killed by AV, although we weren't sure but we went to kill the Ix'Aern and one JoF, PM said they killed JoT. Nuuut died 103 times as PLD Lv.1. After we kill those NMs as mentioned AV still 2 hr but we manage to tank it with 3 PLD after some time and 2 hr was gone but AV still hits in frenzy mode so tanking it might need some skill and correct gear.

Archeons,
    Millennium LS

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

IRON had no problems with straight tanking AV with blinkers, it was the damn 2 hours that was the problem not his damage. We found out PLDs cant tank this with /war even with an aegis. So we moved to ninjas and pld/nin, and we were able to Straight tank just fine, until Chainspell/Deathga from Above, or Brd 2 hour when he would charm all the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    Wonder if Square will nerf AV now, they nerfed JoL when it was beaten with alot of people despite its crazy regen and such?
    It still surprises me how that belief is so widely accepted despite the numerous ways in which it is false.
    JoL was definatly nerfed. The above statement is correct, because the only LS to beat it with its regen had about 80 BLMs rotated in an out of the alliance warping back to Tav when they were out of MP to change jobs and run back fast. Then they nerfed it to nothingness.
    I was actually thinking of you in part when I wrote that. The first JoL kill has evolved into something of an urban legend. There were only a little more than half as many BLMs as you mention, none of them were warping back to Tav, and they were wasting BLMs by having 1 PT per summon (instead of -gaing them). When they actually were damaging it (a few hours after they had popped it), it was dying just as fast as the current incarnations of JoL dies with comparable damage (you may have 700 BLMs, but you can only have 18 of them actually nuking at one time).

I'm not saying JoL was never nerfed (since the account of the BG pop sounds makes him sound truly unbeatable), just that the nerf likely occured between the BG attempt and the first successful kill. The amount of regen he had when they were actually damaging him was negligable, and any LS that has killed JoL since then could have killed the one that the army of JP BLMs killed.

This was argued before, when JoL first started dying, and I only bring it up again because I see that same mindset recurring:

So the answer to AV is 70+ people, killing all the jailers and Ix'aerns, and PLD/NINs equipped with Aegis? Sweet
    AV is the same way. Just because someone won with 70 people and several relics doesn't mean you can't kill the exact same mob with half that amount and no relics.

So about that GKT latent...

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Personally I'm glad if they added a mob that requires relics to kill. Haven't we been bitching about the fact fafhogg can die to 12 unmerited 75's and still drops the best gear in the game??

careful what you wish for...

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Having a mob that requires relics to kill would be the ultimate innovation in stupidity.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Having a mob that requires relics to kill would be the ultimate innovation in stupidity.
    and yet every relic thread includes some sort of "lol relics are a waste because they aren't needed to kill anything" along with assorted comments of "everything in endgame is too easy and not progressive"

Putting relics out there, inventing mobs that require them to be defeated.

Yeah, that's retarded...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast