BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Having a mob that requires relics to kill would be the ultimate innovation in stupidity.
    and yet every relic thread includes some sort of "lol relics are a waste because they aren't needed to kill anything" along with assorted comments of "everything in endgame is too easy and not progressive"

Putting relics out there, inventing mobs that require them to be defeated.

Yeah, that's retarded...
    Practically nothing is "necessary" in this game to kill much of anything, it's not based off of linear progression in that sense. Saying a relic is stupid because it's not required to kill something is absolutely retarded, it's not plentiful enough to be a hard requirement for anything and the last thing this game needs is something that much more restrictive to mess with the player base. (A lot of relics) are stupid just because they just dont outdo normal weapons to be worth the cost.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    I'll try this again since it wasn't answered the first time.

AV never went into red bracelet mode?

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vobent
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/img_0163.png

37%, no braclets as you can see

tiny, but meh
    No.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think this quote from the Vana'diel Census sums up AV rather nicely, too:

In contrast, "Imperial Agent Rescue" has secured a high position in the ranking thanks to the element of luck that prevents its successful completion despite thorough preparation and planning. Many players attempt this mission over and over in an effort to raise their mercenary rank.
    If it's part of the plan for Assault, why not for AV, too?

23 years old

BG Level

In contrast, "Imperial Agent Rescue" has secured a high position in the ranking thanks to the element of POSing through the damn door to hit the hatch without even fighting a mob that assures its successful completion despite thorough preparation and planning being meaningless. Many players attempt this mission over and over in an effort to argus their yigit GAGES THANK YOU NYNJA

Fixed for accuracy.

In contrast, "Imperial Agent Rescue" has secured a high position in the ranking thanks to the element of POSing through the damn door to hit the hatch without even fighting a mob that assures its successful completion despite thorough preparation and planning being meaningless. Many players attempt this mission over and over in an effort to argus their yigit gomleks

Fixed for accuracy.
    haha I thought the same thing when I saw that on the census. SE is so fucking stupid sometimes.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

In contrast, "Imperial Agent Rescue" has secured a high position in the ranking thanks to the element of POSing through the damn door to hit the hatch without even fighting a mob that assures its successful completion despite thorough preparation and planning being meaningless. Many players attempt this mission over and over in an effort to argus their yigit gomleks

Fixed for accuracy.
    Mamook is:
    Yigit Gages 20,000
    Amir Boots 20,000
    Pahluwan Seraweels 20,000

23 years old

BG Level

Fine w/e fixed for lessened accuracy and edited >B|

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Fine w/e fixed for lessened accuracy and edited >B|
    hey, its I point it out, or some 10 post nobody points it out.

23 years old

BG Level

Good point.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Had quite a few pages to read. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    Did he pop every 2hour of the jailers outside? I mean - this just doesn't sound realistic. Not trying to be a major fag or something but .. fuck that.

Are you sure people wernt using faith weapons on him or something gay like that? and u guys were just like "OH MUSTA BEEN THOSE JAPS AND THEIR CRAZY PLAN"~~~ wwww

4serious. if thats what it takes to kill AV, expect a fuckload of team-up kills on all servers. de-fucking-pressing.

what ever happened to "the development team can kill every mob with 18 people" wwww
    The only Jailer weapon we used (I believe) was the one which Whm can use (don't remember exactly which one). We were just paranoid of AV using Benediction so we had a Whm use it "just in case."

SE never said the dev team uses 18 people to kill everything. Sage Sundi said there are about 40 people on the dev team testing out NMs before they are put in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    AV has used Astral Flow after JoL has been killed. I think you accidentally came into a solution or the JPs are hiding it from you.
    It is possible, but most of the JPs were with us killing the NMs. It -is- possible though that maybe they had a few people do something with the Ebon Panels while the NMs were up? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Never fought AV or seen it, but does it even use Astral Flow?
    Yes, but AV's Astral Flow, like JoL's, doesn't do anything whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Like a few other people said, it is pretty depressing though. It's depressing if you really have to team up and get 50-70+ people to actually take it down
    Even though we had about 60 people at our disposal, like Archeons said, the number of people that we really used to fight AV himself was around 30ish. So it is definitely doable by 1 LS.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageEater
    Kalyna/Vobent, did you happen to catch around what time he stopped using 2hours?
    I'll talk about this in a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Soma
    I haven't noticed anyone mention this directly, but.. after killing the Ix'drg, did it stop summoning wynavs? I read that the said LS had BLMs lined up for wynavs that can be summoned. Were they actually being summoned or were those BLMs there for 'just-in-case wynavs are summoned'?
    It was just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by RuKenshin
    I'm not trying to insult theirs or anyone's strategy, but just trying to make a point... It's just far from what true teamwork means. If anything, having an NM this difficult makes teamwork less likely. If AV fights really have to be like this, I'll be extremely disappointed.
    Have you forgotten who's making this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    I think any reasonable strategy for beating AV presupposes that you've locked his wind-based spells as well as his 2Hs. Speaking of which, can the group from last night comment on what they did to stop his wind magic, or if it's unclear, what was going on around the time that he stopped casting them?

Edit: And apparently not, DrObvious. The people fighting/watching him last night who posted here didn't even seem to know about the bracelets form.
    I'll comment more on what happened in a sec. I -did- know about his bracelet form, btw. I was just asking what ABF (or whatever the acronym is) stood for.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

While you're at it, which sins matched up with Futsuno and Minerva's?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ok...

Bottom line is that this strat is still unconfirmed.

Let me give a little more detail on what happened.

After we killed some of the NMs in the palace, including Ix'Drg, AV still used some 2hrs a few times. When everyone was done in the palace and came back out, AV's wyverns were still out (he summoned them before we killed any of the NMs). We had a group of Blms -ga nuke all the wyverns to death, then recover while I continued to sac pull AV.

After 10 minutes or so, AV called wyvern again. At this point we decided to gather in a safe spot where we could start fighting him for once. I continued sac pulling him until everyone was ready.

Once ready, I pulled AV to the camp. The Blms -ga nuked the wyverns to death, and we started tanking and nuking AV.

I don't know which specific 2hrs he used when we started fighting him, but he did use a few.

We got AV stuck at 98-99% for quite a while. It was a very slow process getting him down to 95%. We had about 10 Blms in the main alliance nuking the hell out of him, with another 5 or so outside to rotate in and out. Once AV hit about 95%, he stopped using all 2hrs, and his HP started dropping much, much faster than from 100-95%.

An LS member said on our forums that it's possible that you just simply have to grit your teeth and get through the first 5% without wiping, and from that on maybe he automatically loses much of his abilities.

However, this doesn't explain why AV used Benediction and other 2hrs when an LS beat him using the wall a few months ago. Maybe killing the NMs in the palace completely stops AV from using 2hrs after 95%? I know it doesn't seem likely, but it's the only explanation I could think of right now.

Or perhaps, after killing specific NMs in the palace, it enables AV to use those specific 2hrs only ONCE more before running out of it? After Ix'Drg died, he only summoned his wyverns once more, that's it. Perhaps killing the NMs makes his 2hrs reload in real 2 hours? But this still doesn't explain why he didn't use his Benediction once.

Before we killed the NMs in the palace, we did nothing else specific at all. So either doing something in the palace, either intentionally (killing the NMs) or unintentionally (unknown), stopped AV from using his 2hrs over and over, or simply taking him down below 95% weakens him.

There must be some significance somewhere, as some very hardcore LSs such as Iron and BTL couldn't beat AV, but we did (again, it's not 60 people, the actual number of people involved in fighting AV was around 30ish).

Sage Sundi mentioned in BG's interview something about "not fighting AV directly" or something like that. It's pretty obvious he's hinting at some sort of method to weaken AV.

What this exact method is is still a partial mystery.

Next time we pop AV we might try fighting him immediately without killing the NMs, and see if he still uses his 2hrs after 95%.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    While you're at it, which sins matched up with Futsuno and Minerva's?
    I don't know yet. Our leader was the one who traded all the sins, and he's afk right now. I'll ask him when he gets back.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Here's a rather pleasant screenshot of the tank heroes. 3 Plds from the 3 strongest HNMLSs on Caitsith: from left to right, Millennium (NA), DucknOfParadise (JP), and YUMEorMABOROSHI (JP).

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1.../Teamingup.jpg

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Sin of Indulgence: Futsuno Mitama
    Sin of Invidious: Raphael's Rod
    Sin of Intemperence: Minerva's Ring
    Sin of Infatuation: Bellona's Ring
    Sin of Indolense: Aureole
    Sin of Insolence: Mars's Ring

There. 8)

Can't find any info on Mar's ring. The Aureole is sex though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Can't find any info on Mar's ring. The Aureole is sex though.
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7096

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Mars's Ring is the same as Bellona's ring, but it's melee attack and accuracy instead of ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyna
    We got AV stuck at 98-99% for quite a while. It was a very slow process getting him down to 95%. We had about 10 Blms in the main alliance nuking the hell out of him, with another 5 or so outside to rotate in and out. Once AV hit about 95%, he stopped using all 2hrs, and his HP started dropping much, much faster than from 100-95%.

An LS member said on our forums that it's possible that you just simply have to grit your teeth and get through the first 5% without wiping, and from that on maybe he automatically loses much of his abilities.
    Which is exactly how JoL works. Do enough damage to it for long enough and it stops summoning all those weird mobs and starts summoning just one type and it's HPs go down 'rapidly.' I'd think that AV doing it's 2hr after the top 5% of HP are gone is the fluke, not the other way around. You mentioned you did have at least one jailer weapon. Maybe they do in fact seal the 2hr once you get past the top 5%.

Either way, it's too hard to farm pop items, and the fact that it's not 100% pop is utterly retarded. Our last 2 JoL we were ready to at least attmept AV but it didn't pop.