Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Just a little something crafters might want to think about..

Looking at Cerb's drops.... a 1 rare/ex great sword and three unique crafting drops. It might be that HNMs will drop unique crafting drops with meh NQs and very nice HQs. In a way it's like getting 100% items, but less percent of good ones.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

{Huh?!}

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrn
    {Huh?!}

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Cerb's drops are nothing spectacular. NQ mantle is good for NINJA only, HQ has +1 STR over Foragers but your by no means gimp without one, and theres prob a less than 2 handfuls of HQs on servers, probably more. Bow HQ sucks, Ring Sucks, meat useless.

?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrn
    {Huh?!}

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think Bill had one too many puddin pops

Old Merits
    BG Level

I understand what he means. Consider a mantle+1 or bow+1 to be a 'rare' HNM drop, and a nq mantle and bow to be 'meh' drops. By killing cerberus each time, there is a possiblility the crafting materials will yield an HQ, but most likely you will get an NQ. So in many ways it is similar to, say, i dunno, LoO because there is roughly a 10% chance to get a great item from the drops and otherwise you will get a 'meh'.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm saying...

SE might have a new process of rewarding players with HNMs. It is possible that a Cerberus and other HNMs that will appear in ToAU might have 2-3 unique crafting materials that have a very high drop rate. These materials have high-level recipes. The NQ is decent, while the HQ is nice(or so SE wants to think). It is hard getting the HQ, but it is very easy to attempt. In a way, the monster has a 'low drop rate' on HQ because it takes many attempts(using materials you got from the monster) to get the good drop.

I think I'm being clear. It is just a theory, that would show SE putting importance crafters in a new way this expansion(like RoZ's Cursed gear and CoP's large amount JSE gear).

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I'm saying...

SE might have a new process of rewarding players with HNMs. It is possible that a Cerberus and other HNMs that will appear in ToAU might have 2-3 unique crafting materials that have a very high drop rate. These materials have high-level recipes. The NQ is decent, while the HQ is nice(or so SE wants to think). It is hard getting the HQ, but it is very easy to attempt. In a way, the monster has a 'low drop rate' on HQ because it takes many attempts(using materials you got from the monster) to get the good drop.

I think I'm being clear. It is just a theory, that would show SE putting importance crafters in a new way this expansion(like RoZ's Cursed gear and CoP's large amount JSE gear).
    you mean like weskit? 100% talon off daily fafnir.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I'm saying...

I thought Fafnir was like 50%.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I'm saying...

I thought Fafnir was like 50%.
    Yar, definately not 100% by a long shot.

Fafnir is 100% on talon. In 80+ kills total, it always dropped, that's good enough for me. Nidhogg is the one that doesn't have a 100% drop rate.

I haven't ever seen talon NOT drop, either personal experience or screenshots of other people's drops.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's still not the same thing. I wouldn't compaire weskit to cerb mantle and all that stuff. Weskit NQ is awesome and HQ is even better.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

lol ehhhh... weskit is marginally better than errant body.

dmg is only slightly higher with weskit.

other stats are

Elemental Magic Skill +5
    Conserve MP +2

vs..

mnd+10
    enmity -3
    mp healing+5

10 int does have at least some effect on resists compared to 5 skill, and conserve mp+2 isnt much.
    Sure weskit could be considered better.. but marginally.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    lol ehhhh... weskit is marginally better than errant body.

dmg is only slightly higher with weskit.

other stats are

Elemental Magic Skill +5
    Conserve MP +2

vs..

mnd+10
    enmity -3
    mp healing+5

10 int does have at least some effect on resists compared to 5 skill, and conserve mp+2 isnt much.
    Sure weskit could be considered better.. but marginally.
    you forgot the 5 maic attack bonus, on the nq...tard.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Nah, this part "dmg is only slightly higher with weskit. " was referring to the magic atk bonus.

For example i ran outside w/ average gear and casted on a lesser colibri.
    Thunder4 w/ weskit -> 936
    Thunder4 w/ errant -> 930

They have Magic defense bonus, so gap is smaller, but really weskit provides only 15-20 dmg more on other mobs iirc. Can't be bothered to check numbers right this minute though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    Nah, this part "dmg is only slightly higher with weskit. " was referring to the magic atk bonus.

For example i ran outside w/ average gear and casted on a lesser colibri.
    Thunder4 w/ weskit -> 936
    Thunder4 w/ errant -> 930

They have Magic defense bonus, so gap is smaller, but really weskit provides only 15-20 dmg more on other mobs iirc. Can't be bothered to check numbers right this minute though.
    How many Thunder IV's did you cast with each piece?

From what I noticed Weskit does about 30-40 more damage than Errant.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Weskit looks better than Houppelande