Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Lebros Cavern Assault - Excavation Duty Arbitrary BS

Most of the shit I want is being held hostage by the little prick who counter jockeys this assault and every time I do this, I get kinda emo and start yelling things like "how could this happen to meeeee" while banging my head on the f'n monitor. I searched threads and didn't see anything on this one (but on the arbitrary bullshit nature of another assault or two....) so I thought I'd broach the subject here.

I know of two strats: kill qiqirn and hope the TH gods favor us with enough mines, or just melee all the walls ala the first wall (have not personally tried this).

I've tried with different groups. I've tried with thief main there and I've tried with multiple people subbing thief (for killing the rat things for mines). As for meleeing all the walls, I've heard horror stories about doing it that way as well, particuarly in regard to time running out. Time is never an issue with killing the rat things; in fact, we usually end up sitting down with several minutes to spare and bitching about the Assault while waiting for the timer to run down.

We're thinking of throwing various splody things at the walls next time to see if there's some secret. I thought I'd post here, because maybe after six people talk about my momma or summat, someone might be able to help me out if there's help to be had.

I mean, is it just "grab monks and wall bash with DoTs and bard?" Or is there some other way to do this silly thing that I haven't yet discovered?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Lebros Cavern Assault - Excavation Duty Arbitrary BS

Quote Originally Posted by Zavia
    Most of the shit I want is being held hostage by the little prick who counter jockeys this assault and every time I do this, I get kinda emo and start yelling things like "how could this happen to meeeee" while banging my head on the f'n monitor. I searched threads and didn't see anything on this one (but on the arbitrary bullshit nature of another assault or two....) so I thought I'd broach the subject here.

I know of two strats: kill qiqirn and hope the TH gods favor us with enough mines, or just melee all the walls ala the first wall (have not personally tried this).

I've tried with different groups. I've tried with thief main there and I've tried with multiple people subbing thief (for killing the rat things for mines). As for meleeing all the walls, I've heard horror stories about doing it that way as well, particuarly in regard to time running out. Time is never an issue with killing the rat things; in fact, we usually end up sitting down with several minutes to spare and bitching about the Assault while waiting for the timer to run down.

We're thinking of throwing various splody things at the walls next time to see if there's some secret. I thought I'd post here, because maybe after six people talk about my momma or summat, someone might be able to help me out if there's help to be had.

I mean, is it just "grab monks and wall bash with DoTs and bard?" Or is there some other way to do this silly thing that I haven't yet discovered?
    There is no helping you.

edit: spacing is gay.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pretty sure Mine drops are not affected by Treasure Hunter.

Also, take some BLMs with you and have them Bio2/Shock/Burn/Choke walls while they melee them... a BLM can solo a wall in 6 minutes or so usually. Two BLMs and a DD like MNK or NIN can trio this Assault fairly easily.

That said... there are a handful of posts on here with that info already, so use the search function next time. Or possibly even the Sticky for ToAU stuff.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries