+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hyjynx
    Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    so when their tanks went down their first instinct was to kite it instead of sleeping it?
    No they tried many times lol. During the kiting they even went so far as to cast sleepga :3

(I guess someone forgot to tell them to use ES, who knows lol)
    Sounds like someone needs to teach their melee how to disengage or fight unlocked.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    the mob is being kited (lolfafnir)
    Fenrir finally makes its mark
    The most lolfaf of all.
    http://www.angryoaf.com/angryimages/2b.jpg[/img]
    After they wiped, and the few remaining kiters were up, they screamed "WE COULD'VE RECOVERED"

Because 20 mins to take Fafnir to 97%, then have it regen means you're going to recover!

I NEVER KNEW!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My favorite part was when everyone was dead except Armand and Emblazon (who are the same person, although he denies it), Armand spammed "STEAL" in /say for like 5min.

Any other Sams have thoughts on yuki/kasha/gekko "difference?" I feel like Im insane now, would have bet my osode that the three WSs are different from one another. Maybe not in the formula, but the element of the WSs or somthing? I could always be wrong...wondering what other people have seen.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

<_< who are you implying isnt a sam?

My samurai is 7!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by _Zoolander_
    Any other Sams have thoughts on yuki/kasha/gekko "difference?" I feel like Im insane now, would have bet my osode that the three WSs are different from one another. Maybe not in the formula, but the element of the WSs or somthing? I could always be wrong...wondering what other people have seen.
    I think any difference that people see is just in their heads, possibly because of the animations and/or skillchain element placement. People tend to like Gekko's aggressive animation, Kasha is flowery, and you don't make level 3 SC's with Yukikaze. I'm confident that if you do some parsed tests (either on bunnies or in exp pt's), they'll all turn out to be the same in the long run.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Not sure what type of clarification you're after Zoolander.
    RKenshin already showed that they do the same damage, they're the same ws just different animation/SC properties. The reason why you see more gekko ss is simply because everyone prefers it over Yuki/Kasha. With brutal earring.. whatever ws double attacks is the one thats going to do the most on any HNM.

I use gekko when not asked to skillchain simply because I like the amination... And the only time the debuffs ever really play a part is soloing/pvp.

I'm pretty certain just about every SAM can admit to using Gekko more than any of the other two.

I even admit that I most likely do, since I made two separate WS gear macros (one for Kasha, another for Gekko/Yuki) to include corresponding elemental gorgets, and the Gekko WS macro is just easier to use since it follows the standard layout for all my other pallets, while Kasha doesn't. When I'm thinking about it I normally use Kasha, but when I just mindlessly spam WS (more often than not) I normally use Gekko.

(I guess someone forgot to tell them to use ES, who knows lol)
    I know a few people on Siren who could teach them very well. They are fucking pros, let me tell you :wink:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

yeah... you can tell