Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

It didn't even take until the end of page 1 to get derailed yet again. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the topic, please keep your opinions to yourself. A lot of people have put a lot of time into figuring this out. Anything is being considered an option until it's disproved.

Someone posted on this thread a few days ago http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... 1260631016 asking for a list of NPC names that start with C or P, and their locations. He hasn't posted a reply saying why, or what he found out. Does it ring a bell for anyone here? I haven't found anything useful from it yet, unfortunately, but it may be a lead.

Thank you Ashael (and the others helping him) for making an attempt at consolidating all of the information on this NM. It was very much needed.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Kaylia, I sent you a goblin cup!

This thread will do nothing, because people will still not read the first however many pages it gets to and post useless inane bullshit.

IP ban for morons who post the same shit over and over!

edit: post 69! woot. Let's make our Kaylia!!! No wait, you aren't a chick, nvm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, since the other thread was locked right after I made my post, I'll just ask again here. Yay.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, can foods be re-used in a synth? I know they cannot be desynthed, but I'm unsure if they can be resynthed.

Maybe you can take Vegetable Gruel or Vegetable Soup and strain them somehow.

Or, at the least, see what kind of veggies go together for ideas on what might be in the Goblin Drink.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

There's plenty of precedent to that, Tavnazian Tacos are made from Tavnazian Salads, which are themselves a synthed food.

Not sure what the letters C and P have to do with anythign >.>

C U P = The last word of Goblin Cup.
    C O P = The Abbreviation for Chains of Promathia
    P C = the initials for Pachamac's Collar, found in a related area to where Goblin Wolfman is popped.

Not sure what he might be "onto". Perhaps he thinks that the synthesis materials for Goblin Drink will all be availble from NPCs with names starting from C and P. Anyone have any ideas?

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

The P/C thing sounds like a stretch even by zam standards. Probably something like "Someone told me you could buy goblin drink from some npc whose name started with P... or was it C..."

EDIT: At this point I just want to find Goblin Drink recipe, bazaar a couple dozen for 25 mil each and get crackin on relic.

i have to say that if i discover the recipe i'm hanging onto it till i make my 500+mil off it. screw being broke >.<

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

good luck with that, rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by GundamCloud
    i have to say that if i discover the recipe i'm hanging onto it till i make my 500+mil off it. screw being broke >.<
    That is why you are a fuckin homosexual and will always be one.

I KID

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

For whoever requsted a vegetable list on the last topic, here it is.
    **NOTE: Anything added before the July '05 patch was removed from this list.

Beaugreens
    Blazing Peppers
    Blue Peas
    Eggplant
    Frost Turnip
    Ginger
    Gysahl Greens
    Khazam Peppers
    Kukuru Bean
    La Theine Cabbage
    Mhaura Garlic
    Millicorn
    Mithran Tomato
    Moon Carrot
    Ogre Pumpkin
    Popoto
    Rarab Tail
    San d'Orian Carrot
    Wild Onion

Hope it helps, and if I miss any let me know.

PS: I'll go through what vegetable seeds can grow sometime and add anything that I may have missed (like spices/etc.)

Figured I'd give Silver Name Tag a try...

- Silver weapons are used to kill werewolves.
    - It has "Water Resist +5" on it.
    - It uses the same model as Parade Gorget
    - It drops from PLD and DRK beastmen in the nearby Palborough Mines

It didn't work... -_-

If anyone has a goblin cup kicking around, maybe try trading it to the moblin NPCs in Movalpolis or the goblin NPCs in Jeuno... maybe one will fill it up? Unlikely, but worth it if you already have a cup.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Does anyone have a list of every item added in the parade gorget update?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/news/157

Doesn't include goblin drink, I've been trying to contact them about why it was removed though.

uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

9. There seems to be insufficient clues to point towards having a drink/JA/food active while attempting to pop. This line of research is not completely dead, just hard to quantify.
    I read all of the "Parade Gorget revisited." thread on this, and I didn't see much mention of people trying various DRK/PLD job abilities before attempting to pop this thing. Only the following suggestions/comments were made by Khamsin with no follow-up:

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin on page 43
    What jobs have the people who have popped it been? Did they pop as a PLD, DRK, or any other particular job?

Maybe its like BLM AF where you have to have a certain ability active then click on the Scrawled Writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin on page 51
    Having abilities or spells active while trading/clicking (e.g. BLM AF)
    Having recently killed something(s) before trading/clicking (e.g. Ix'Aern)
    Having interacted with something else first before trading/clicking
    Were these suggestions ever actually tried, or just discussed?

I also know low HP trigger has been suggested (and ruled out), but given the latent on the gorget, has anyone attempted popping it with low MP?

Only thing I could think of that would make sense would be Blood Weapon. I will take my level...wait nvm I don't even have DRK unlocked.

I will ask one of my friends to come and try it to just see.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol at the things people have tried (and i mean that in a good way, adaman hauberk, ridill etc lol)

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio

Doesn't include goblin drink, I've been trying to contact them about why it was removed though.
    Goblin Drink wasn't added that update so it wouldn't be on the list. Still doesn't explain why it was removed entirely though.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio

Goblin Drink wasn't added that update so it wouldn't be on the list. Still doesn't explain why it was removed entirely though.
    Yes, it was added in this update (same as Jailers, most new weird NMs in a lot of zones, and Yinyang Robe).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Lei and Parade Gorget

Someone mentioned Lei buying Fingernail Sacks off AH before, but does Lei have a Parade Gorget?

My line of thought on the gorget:

1) NM is popped by the elusive Goblin Drink.
    2) Goblin Drink recipe uses Fingernail Sack.
    3) If Lei was buying materials for that synth, and the synth does indeed use Movalpolis Water as well, there may be buying history under the AH around the same time period as the Fingernail Sack purchases for the Movalpolis Water, since it's also a rare selling item on the AH (at least on Remora).
    4) If Lei bought 4 of those Fingernail Sacks for Goblin Drink synths, the NM may not be 100% drop (though that's not really relevant at this point).

Also, if Lei does indeed have the Parade Gorget, anyone know around what time period he got it? If he started showing up with it around the same time as those fingernail sack purchases.......

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Arnica Root: When ground into a powder and served with hot water, the root of the arnica has the ability to cure various ailments.
    Alchemist's Water: Found this looking up the arnica root. Dryad Root -> Alchemist's Water.

Somepage doesn't list a recipe, for arnica root. Only a mobin quest, in Oldton. Maybe it's an ingrediant or used to make something >.>, shrug.

I don't really have the resources to a cook on hand. So, if anyone wants to play around with the arnica root, maybe dryad?

Also, any idea on the level and maybe job of the NM?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast