Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryck
    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    you wear scorp harness and rdm af1 gloves wtf
    I don't even have a SH, now, but yes, when I had it, and I was soloing, I did wear my Scorpion Harness. I also wear my AF1 gloves most of the time, because I'd like to cap my Parrying skill since I'm aspiring to level PLD in the near future. I only use my RDM to solo, and in the rare event that someone in my LS needs me to use it for something else. Otherwise, I use SAM.

Any further, ignorant comments?
    PLD Parrying caps at 225 and it'll cap around the same time you cap shield, if you think you're gonna rely on Parrying for PLD you have another thing comin'
    The idea is to use RDM to cap both Shield and Parrying before I even start leveling PLD, so they'll be capped as I level PLD until the skill level for PLD Shield and Parrying exceeds the cap for RDM.

What you said defeats this purpose...how?

Parrying might not be something that can save my life in a bad situation, but I'd rather have capped Parrying for the chance at avoiding that damage than have a Parrying skill of 20 hoping to God that I can cure myself fast enough to remain afloat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you're going to tank -alot- more on PLD, thus your shield and parry skill are going to increase -alot- faster.....shield is A+ on PLD too, you'll get at least 230 before it starts slowing down

what im trying to say is: you'll cap parrying AND shield skill alot faster on PLD than you will on RDM

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    you're going to tank -alot- more on PLD, thus your shield and parry skill are going to increase -alot- faster.....shield is A+ on PLD too, you'll get at least 230 before it starts slowing down

what im trying to say is: you'll cap parrying AND shield skill alot faster on PLD than you will on RDM
    I realize that, but if I cap them while playing PLD, that means they won't still be capped when I level on PLD. The idea is to always have them capped, even after I level, to increase the odds that I will Parry or block an attack with my Shield. Granted, if I wanted to level PLD ASAP, the idea of capping them on RDM first would be moronic, but it's still going to be a little while before I do, and it's not infrequent that I use my RDM to go out and solo something for AF, or a Rare/Ex item for whatever job.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And PLD don't cap Parry in EXP... We really suck at it >.>

And 1/3 on the Parade Gorget, solo no TH at New Moon.
    Goblin Drinks back to 35-40K on Bahamut atm (they were down to 15k yesterday)

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin
    And PLD don't cap Parry in EXP... We really suck at it >.>
    Sub more ninja!.....wait your sig...

Nobody caps parrying in XP. Trust me on this, I'm levelling NIN purely to attempt to cap Parrying up to SAM A- cap (well, and to be able to merit, job prejudice ftl).

It doesn't cap. Simple as that. I have no idea what SE thought they were doing with the defensive skills, but none of them cap properly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I do!!!!
    Almost capped now, but skill-ups only occur during Sky and Dynamis now >:<

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I capped parry in Limbus but Lufaise Meadows brought me up to 223 or so when I went as PLD. I think exp parties are pretty good for bringing skills like that up.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

I said this before, but it was a while ago. MNK aerns in north Al'Taieu and if your below 255 or so the black puks in DoR. Bring a bard with you for paeons and cures and just solo the bastards for hours.

http://stomped.com/mini/blue.jpg