Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I'm not making much of anything in leather anymore simply because it doesn't sell. Waiting around for people to have requests, and even then it's slim.

Leather got screwed on cursed gear sadly. Wood/Cloth/Smith/Gold each have an entire set, and the 1 piece that Leather got, was screwed over when Rostrum Pumps came out.

Anyways, it's like that across the board with all crafts on Ifrit at least. And yes, Alchemy/Cooking/WW consumables tend to be decent money. However, lately the RMT have about 3 Alchemy characters, and 2 or 3 Cookers just spamming the AH with Oil/Powders/Sushi.

2 months ago, Sole Sushi was like 50k, now it's like 20k, and Squid down to 10-12k. Hell, I like cheap sushi as much as anyone, but I feel bad for the Chefs.

Prices are down across the board and it's a little more difficult atm to find profit pieces.

Also I think something's up with the HQ thing as well.

0/16 on SH+1
    1/30ish for HQ staves @ tier 31
    0/20ish on haub +1

All in a matter of a month or so, it's focking rediculous, and what makes it worse is that it's across 3 guilds. HQ has just not been happening recently. All mentioned above has pushed my HQ averages way behind.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesjustice
    Prices are down across the board and it's a little more difficult atm to find profit pieces.

0/16 on SH+1
    0/20ish on haub +1

All in a matter of a month or so, it's focking rediculous, and what makes it worse is that it's across 3 guilds. HQ has just not been happening recently. All mentioned above has pushed my HQ averages way behind.
    2/2 hq harness yesterday. As of 3 weeks ago I was on a 0/20 stretch, though. It's just bad luck and will pass in time.

Overall hq rate on harness for me so far is 21 / 78 with 10 breaks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tornfleshofsoul
    I'm not making much of anything in leather anymore simply because it doesn't sell. Waiting around for people to have requests, and even then it's slim.

Leather got screwed on cursed gear sadly. Wood/Cloth/Smith/Gold each have an entire set, and the 1 piece that Leather got, was screwed over when Rostrum Pumps came out.

Anyways, it's like that across the board with all crafts on Ifrit at least. And yes, Alchemy/Cooking/WW consumables tend to be decent money. However, lately the RMT have about 3 Alchemy characters, and 2 or 3 Cookers just spamming the AH with Oil/Powders/Sushi.

2 months ago, Sole Sushi was like 50k, now it's like 20k, and Squid down to 10-12k. Hell, I like cheap sushi as much as anyone, but I feel bad for the Chefs.
    Cloth only gets three! Leather and Gold stole the other parts of the set

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    And none of them are teir 1

Yeah, but Cloth gets a huge market for their pieces. Z.mitts! Every BLM wants them, and the good ones want HQ, as well they drop off 2 different mobs, allowing a huge market for them.

Yeah, but Cloth gets a huge market for their pieces. Z.mitts! Every BLM wants them, and the good ones want HQ, as well they drop off 2 different mobs, allowing a huge market for them.
    ZMitts are 800k loss on my server. Yay for a big market...lol?

Quote Originally Posted by aurik

0/16 on SH+1
    0/20ish on haub +1

2/2 hq harness yesterday. As of 3 weeks ago I was on a 0/20 stretch, though. It's just bad luck and will pass in time.

I'm not one to jump the gun, but I also think something is up with HQs. I really do. My averages have dropped significantly since about February/March. I don't record things, but this is over at least 500 synths. It spans all tiers of synthesis, HQs just aren't happening. I'm still not going to say something in the HQ code has changed, but I'm really really starting to lean in that direction.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

ZMitts are 800k loss on my server. Yay for a big market...lol?
    Cloth just gets flat-out fucked in the cursed market, that's all there is to it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

LMAO Z.Mitts for clothcrafters are a huge loss, 400k a synth on Sylph atm

Clothcraft sales have slowed as well, Ive been keeping track on about 30 clothcraft synths doing an expected outcome/profitability analysis weekly, and have made an additional mule named "Undercutter" to try to get some of my product to start moving.

It's slow right now, its summer time alot of ppl are out doing other things then playing FFXI as much as they did in the winter, your items will sell, crafters will just have to work a little harder to see what items the AH is short on and calculate the profitability of the items.

Additional question:

Do you find Bazzaring your items in Rolanberry Fields (or where ever most bazzars are setup on your server) work?
    I've setup my mule in Rolanberry for 2 weeks now and I've sold one item for 8k in that time

It only works if your character is a crafting mule that has nothing else to do in game except stand there.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory

0/16 on SH+1
    0/20ish on haub +1

I'm not one to jump the gun, but I also think something is up with HQs. I really do. My averages have dropped significantly since about February/March. I don't record things, but this is over at least 500 synths. It spans all tiers of synthesis, HQs just aren't happening. I'm still not going to say something in the HQ code has changed, but I'm really really starting to lean in that direction.
    I totally agree here. Feb/March is where I noticed it too. Where you could sit down and hit 5/24 on Tier 2, and 1/12 on Tier 1 consistantly, its simply not happening for me now. I'm noticing that its not just me, most crafters I know are taking a break from it, or only focusing on Tier 0 HQ's. Granted, I can still make money, but its significantly less than before... infact, your average farming yields more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles

Clothcraft sales have slowed as well, Ive been keeping track on about 30 clothcraft synths doing an expected outcome/profitability analysis weekly, and have made an additional mule named "Undercutter" to try to get some of my product to start moving.

It's slow right now, its summer time alot of ppl are out doing other things then playing FFXI as much as they did in the winter, your items will sell, crafters will just have to work a little harder to see what items the AH is short on and calculate the profitability of the items.

Additional question:

Do you find Bazzaring your items in Rolanberry Fields (or where ever most bazzars are setup on your server) work?
    I've setup my mule in Rolanberry for 2 weeks now and I've sold one item for 8k in that time
    yea nq is 400k loss but HQ is 50-60m maybe more if you're lucky. IMO Clothcraft has a great cursed market.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I sell stuff quite often from bazaaring. for a while i most stuff that i made from bazaaring.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Veli

Additional question:

yea nq is 400k loss but HQ is 50-60m maybe more if you're lucky. IMO Clothcraft has a great cursed market.

Wolp on the Sylph server just made a pair a little while back and offered them to me for 40 mil. If you had a very large bank roll to start with and sold a -1 for 50-60 mil it would be worth it. Just like in business though it takes money to make money! :wink:

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

A lot of times I see people bazaar items for equal or greater value of the same item on the AH, this makes no sense to me.

If u consider the AH fee to put said item up on the AH, and deduct that from your bazaar price, then its a win win situation. Buyers will get a cheaper item, u get the same gil you would if u had put on AH, except it gets shipped off quicker.

But anyways yeah everything has dropped on Fenrir also.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

rostrums F*d over leathercrafters one and only cursed market

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    rostrums F*d over leathercrafters one and only cursed market
    people still buy cursed pumps.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Some items you can only bazaar so its sort of required. Having a 24x7 bazaar is incredibly useful too. Consumables with massive amounts of mules is about the safest way to go right now. I haven't touched a single item that costs more than 100k to craft in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veli

Additional question:

That's not a "great" market, that's complete shit.

You're going to average 80~ synths per hq, so you make what...20m on average for every 80 synths you do? For the substantial risk of getting Ulmo'd and going 0/100+, not to mention having to sell off the 79 nqs (you're going to end up desynthing 70-80% of them, so 100% loss instead of 400k)...I can think of better ways to make money faster with less risk and less overhead. It starts with "F" and ends with "ire elementals".