Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so um... everything dropping? drastically??

So um.. anyone else having the problem of prices simply crashing, markets flooded, and stuff never selling? Or is it just a local problem on my server and just with leathercrafting?

I went from taking a while to sell HQ products but making decent money to nothing selling.... at all. I mean seriously I cant get anything to move anymore.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

SE took gil out of the ecomony last month. Same deflation as in January but at a slower pace it seems. And yes I've had the same problem.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

christ are THAT many ppl buying gil...........

EDIT: Were*

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki

When you think about it, gilsellers monopolise everything. Unless you have a 75 job, if you have even semi-decent equipment, then you have to have bought gil to be owning that equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki

When you think about it, gilsellers monopolise everything. Unless you have a 75 job, if you have even semi-decent equipment, then you have to have bought gil to be owning that equipment.
    not nesscearly unless you crafted your ass off back when it was a reasonable thing to do at a low level.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I still bring in 600-1.2mil gil a day. But I play scorched earth AH and move between cooking and bonecraft. I also use farming as beast to my advantage so I can force up prices of synth materials so it knocks everyone else out of the market. But I'm done with crafting after my next 125mil anyway :/

Only HQ high level synth materials, at least in bonecraft, are owned by GS. I don't touch those items because the markets are pretty retarded with usually 0-to-negative profit. Most cooking I do involves buffalo meat so the sushi market I keep away from since my cooking mule's ninja is only 1 ;;

The big advantage I have is a massive amount of mules, but it takes me all my play time to keep them stocked and bring in gil.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One thing I will never understand is synths that non t0 synths that statistically are fucking horrible... yet are incredibly active.

Take for instance Amemet Mantles, I stay the fuck away from this shit synth. On Asura,

Skin = 500k
    Mantle +1 = 1.8M
    NONHQLOL = 50kish?

So you need to roughly HQ 1/3 to profit, anything over 1/4 is a loss. I can understand gambling maybe once in a while... but its consistently made nonstop, I will never touch that synth for profit until it reaches at least 1/4.5 for profit.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the SAME damn thing for those mantles on this server. I look at the ppl selling and making them in disbelief. A long time ago i went on a HQ spree with those but with the overall NQ and HQ count it turns out I basically broke even. They simply arnt profit and never will be. Its one of those things were those leathercrafters just keep trying to break from the usual tier and hope to get lucky and make massive bank. "Ohhhh ijust HQd 5 in a row, im done forever!"

Then 2 weeks later they are back at it and NQ 8 in a row.

Old Merits
    BG Level

That's kinda 0 expected net profit.

A while back on cerb VC where 7.2mil, HQ were 12mil and and nq were 7mil. And a lot of people were still pushing them out and selling them on AH.

I first looked at that and saw about 800k profit not bad, but then I realized that these morons were loosing all their profit on ah fees...

Most mass Tier 0's are by people who just want the HQ for themselves and don't really care too much as long as they get enough gil back to keep on moving toward their HQ.

When I finish relic I'm helping a friend get a genie so I'll just dump weskits for a while. I'd craft 0 profit for that, probably piss a few crafters off though, but make a lot of other blm happy.

ew amemet mantles.... hate that shit

on garuda as of today: skin = 350~360k, mantle+1 = 1~1.1mil, NQ = 3k

LOL

I used to make some when the HQ mantles were going for 1.3+ but soon decided they were worthless

Old Merits
    BG Level

Top tier desynth is only lizard skin right?

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

cant de-synth afaik

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    I still bring in 600-1.2mil gil a day. But I play scorched earth AH and move between cooking and bonecraft. I also use farming as beast to my advantage so I can force up prices of synth materials so it knocks everyone else out of the market. But I'm done with crafting after my next 125mil anyway :/

Only HQ high level synth materials, at least in bonecraft, are owned by GS. I don't touch those items because the markets are pretty retarded with usually 0-to-negative profit. Most cooking I do involves buffalo meat so the sushi market I keep away from since my cooking mule's ninja is only 1 ;;

The big advantage I have is a massive amount of mules, but it takes me all my play time to keep them stocked and bring in gil.
    Dear epigram,

Please send me a PM with all of you cooking secrets, as I am tired of being poor with a 100 Cooking skill.

XXX, OOO,
    Septy

(Sadly it is mostly a lack of time.)

8) cooking is nice

Hey Tekki ^^ Yeah I took your advice and made a bunch of gear, made some decent Gil off it.. but it took nearly a month to sell.

So yeah, it's not local, Ifrit is getting like that too, at least for Leather.

Atm I have a bunch of Crow Hose (Sold the HQ) and Auster Slops sitting around that'll never sell. When I made the Crows, they cost me about 45k to make, selling for 55-60k, now they're at 20k bouncing up to 30k now and then.

Old Merits
    BG Level

No secrets for cooking lol. I actually make a lot of gil in gold smithing. I keep tabs on net profit and when something hits 5k/ea+ or so I fill up a mule with it. Cooking actually really sucks for high net but you can't beat the turn around time. With 35 slots on jeuno ah for cooking it's fairly easy to make at least 200k a day. I'm not at cap for either bone or cooking, it's just a lot of watching the ah, moving in, undercutting if you need to, and leaving if the market crashes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    8) cooking is nice
    You too. Less talking, more PMing me all of your cooking secrets... :D

No secrets for cooking lol. I actually make a lot of gil in gold smithing. I keep tabs on net profit and when something hits 5k/ea+ or so I fill up a mule with it. Cooking actually really sucks for high net but you can't beat the turn around time. With 35 slots on jeuno ah for cooking it's fairly easy to make at least 200k a day. I'm not at cap for either bone or cooking, it's just a lot of watching the ah, moving in, undercutting drastically to get the first sales, and leaving when the market crashes.
    Fixed. Best way to make gil volume-crafting: don't whore out a single market too long, and be brutal with your undercutting.

Old Merits
    BG Level

105 well fed jeuno AH spaces :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

105 well fed jeuno AH spaces :D
    Holy shit. Yeah it would take all of your play time to distribute crap to 15 characters to sell. O_o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast