+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Support our troops, worship our troops

sacrifice a goat to our troops

God gave us "freedom," our troops "defend" it. hallelujah, praise our troops

when the theocracy has blossomed into its full establishment, serving in the military will be a free pass into heaven. instead of medals, beatification into sainthood will be awarded for service. thank god for our men and women in uniform. no wait, god should thank them; without them, he'd have to give us new freedom all the time because people would keep taking it away from us

Groovebox

All completely irrelevant if you don't believe in God.

I love the people that say that we have "Freedom of Religion" in this country, but that doesn't include the freedom to not be religious. I get giggles inside.

Despite the fact that some of the stuff going on is a bit worrisome, I don't think it will ever get that bad. That kind of slippery slope argument is as bad as the diehard fanatics who say D&D leads kids down the path of the occult, or gay marriage will cause straight men to abandon their families for carnal pleasure with other men, and furries and pedophiles to run rampant in the streets.

There are enough angsty, jaded, atheist teens out there that by the time we've grown old and our generation is in power we will have abandoned the current church+state=good fad. Assuming they ever get off their apathetic asses and vote.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Is it acceptable to sacrifice a chicken instead?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox
    All completely irrelevant if you don't believe in God.
    qft

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Religion is for people with too much spare time

Groovebox

Religion is for people with too much spare time
    I've never understood this statement... having faith and believing in something takes absolutely no effort if it's something you want to believe in.

It's just like being MMO obsessed (I'm guilty of it), talk about wasting time...

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

The worst thing about religion is that it causes people to believe that they can achieve certain goals that are unachievable and often impractical.

As a result, there have been social, political, and physical wars. One of the purposes of religion is to give life meaning; however, it often ruins lives too.

So will Yin accept me as a new memeber if, I take care of the heathens that say Neigh! against the Curch of Yin?

For the Sake of Yin, for the sake of Daahan the Pope of Yin, lets get rid of all religion and truly worship the teachings of Yin

For those comments Daahan owes me a back rub.. and I'm collecting

Relic Shield
    BG Level

More people have died in the name of there gods than all natural disasters combined...

Its a weapon... nothing more.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    More people have died in the name of there gods than all natural disasters combined...

Its a weapon... nothing more.
    FACTS, CAN I HAVE IT?

Can I join this let's-all-hate-the-establishment circle jerk, too? We can hate our dads, next.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat?
    So will Yin accept me as a new memeber if, I take care of the heathens that say Neigh! against the Curch of Yin?

For the Sake of Yin, for the sake of Daahan the Pope of Yin, lets get rid of all religion and truly worship the teachings of Yin

I'm still trying to get in as well, I guess my World Cup Women photos failed.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat?

I'm still trying to get in as well, I guess my World Cup Women photos failed.
    The council is currently discussing your entry. However, your contemplation on whether or not to migrate to WoW has become a disruptive factor in your entry. Your pictures, however, were intriguing.

And the Pope gives back rubs to no one.

Without religion there would be chaos. People (some) have to have something to believe in to get up in the morning. History has proven that without a strong religious backing, most civilizations get wiped out.

Easter Island is a perfect example of this. The whole island was going to shit thanks to the Europeans and their small pox. People were dying off left and right, got down to like 1/10th of their population until they made up a new 'religion' called the Bird Man or something stupid.

That saved the people of that island and they started to prosper again. That's all it is though, a crutch to help the weaker get by. Which is, imo, fine as long as they don't get in my face about it.

Peope who believe in pillars of flame, five mile tall humans, gods who hold up the sky, trees that connect the underworld to the heavens, spirits that dwell in rivers and mountains, children born from clams, women who give birth to urns, vaginas with teeth, serpents with wings, gods that molded humanity out of clay- while drunk, or a man who ejaculated onto to a leaf, gave it to a bird who got eaten by a hawk and dropped it into a river where it impregnated a fish who gave birth to a girl who had sex with a yogi who restored her virginity after she gave birth to a infant that immediatly walked off into a forest only to come back and save her mother from disaster many years later and end up a saint... probably take religion far too literaly and need to seriously learn how to understand the connotative context of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    Peope who believe in pillars of flame, five mile tall humans, gods who hold up the sky, trees that connect the underworld to the heavens, spirits that dwell in rivers and mountains, children born from clams, women who give birth to urns, vaginas with teeth, serpents with wings, gods that molded humanity out of clay- while drunk, or a man who ejaculated onto to a leaf, gave it to a bird who got eaten by a hawk and dropped it into a river where it impregnated a fish who gave birth to a girl who had sex with a yogi who restored her virginity after she gave birth to a infant that immediatly walked off into a forest only to come back and save her mother from disaster many years later and end up a saint... probably take religion far too literaly and need to seriously learn how to understand the connotative context of the story.
    You talking about Mormons?

Quote Originally Posted by Tape
    You talking about Mormons?
    Actually... no. O_o;

Though a few of those are in reference to the Judeo-Christian faith.