Thread: Disgaea 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Disgaea 2

Just ordered the Japanese import. I'm a lil' slow on this, it seems to have came out in feb. in japan.

Anyone played it? excited to see it in aug. this summer for PS2?

I'm a big sucker for SRPGs!

Saw some people playing at Anime Expo, looked pretty good

I'll race you to level 1000000000.

I can't fucking wait for Disgaea 2! August is too long! ; ;

And leveling in NIS games is easy if you prepare right.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

A friend of mine (whom I trust as a good judger of rpgs and such) said it was pretty meh, rather disappointing. :/ Still hoping he's wrong though.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dis2 is :Q

I played my friends import a bit, and I fell in love quicker with it that I did with Dis1. Few more months itll be out here :/

If you like the game, check out the 12 episode anime, it just ended like two weeks ago. It got licensed, so it may be a bit tougher to find.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

i hear really good stuff about it.

^^

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

game is good.

but sounds like something you'd get after eating some bad meat

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Can anyone elaborate on gameplay, with all these replies and having never heard about the first one, I've become curious

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Can anyone elaborate on gameplay, with all these replies and having never heard about the first one, I've become curious
    It's a SRPG, you can compair it to FFTactics I guess. FFT was a one in a million game and thought never to be rivaled, but Disgaea: Hour of Darkness swayed many heads away from FFT, claiming it the best SRPG.

So if you liked FFT, or know about it, youll love Disgaea, but if you hate the FFT type of game you hate Disgaea.

Its rather unique in its style of gameplay and very hard to explain. It is also a really funny game.

NIS also came out with Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom, both sleeper hits as with Disgaea, but lacked the quality Disgaea had, so they didnt do very well. Disgaea2's gameplay didnt really change from 1, so if anyone liked 1 theyll like 2.

Actually, just found a review on Disgaea2 as I was looking for 1 info; http://www.rpgamer.com/games/disgaea/di ... a2imp.html

But Disgaea is a really really fun game, and if youre able to find it at a store, buy it, do it for the Prinnys dood!

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/md/md.html theres a bunch of stuff on the first one, link to Disgaea2 is on the main page if you want info on that. Watch the trailers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I had a difficult time getting into Disgaea for some reason. I have both that and La Pucelle's Tactics and still haven't played them much. (It doesn't help that I'm always playing FFXI, either.)

I'm sure once I get into it more, it will be fun. I did like FFT a ton... maybe too much. Disgaea is really funny, though. I absolutely love the weapon/item descriptions. lol

Disgaea 1 IS my favourite SRPG, it's so good and makes me laugh like hell. It's also pretty rare so if you find it buy it asap. Makai Kingdom is also really enjoyable but not as deep as Disgaea or the other NIS games, but the characters in MK are really fucking funny and cool.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

When I used to work at Gamestop, Disgaea was a huge hit. We never had new copies though, and no one ever traded them in, so I couldn't ever rent it out to play it. But one day I tried playing FFT and I really could just NOT getinto it at all, so when someone told me Disgaea was like that I sort of lost interest.

It still looks really fun though

Quote Originally Posted by LAGUNA
    you were at the AX?

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Disgaea 2 looks great so far. La Pucelle and Phantom Brave were meh (scratch that, La Pucelle was meh. Phantom Brave I just couldn't get into no matter how hard I tried). Makai Kingdom on the otherhand was awesome imo. I really liked being able to get all of the other Overlords as hidden characters and you can never go wrong with Laharl, Flonne and Etna. Like always I can never beat the 'last' hidden boss (damn you Yoshitsuna). Anyway, I can imagine Disgaea 2 will live up to it's name. From the screens and the video demos it looks to be killer.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Disgaea 2 is such a fun game, the game play is exactlly the same as Disgaea 1, but better, the comedy is still there, plus more goodies.

I gotta remember to preorder that thing today, that and FFXIIICE >.x

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGUNA
    you were at the AX?
    I was at the one in Boston on Memorial Day weekend and lol'd the whole time. Never seen soooo many bad cos players in one place.