Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Medicine Guide     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Medicine Guide

To my surprise I haven't been able to find any guides on medicine, so I decided to make one myself. I never really bothered using medicines before because they were expensive, however now with harder BCs like Bahamut, using medicine is more critical.

I was hoping the BG community could help out. Mainly I want to know the cast time for each medicine (how long it takes to use it) and the recast time (if you get medicated effect, and for how long).

If you have something to add to the chart pls post a reply,

here is the chart
    http://64.39.26.234/limitbreak/files/gu ... icines.htm

and once this chart is complete i would hope someone could add it to FFxiclopedia or KI just as a reference.

If there is a complete guide on medicines already then could someone show me where it is?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't forget the delay after using a medicine. Mulsum > hi-ethers because you can chug 5 mulsum and act immediately in the time it takes to drink one hi-ether and wait until you can act again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This sounds like something that could be added to the FFXICyclopedia assuming it's not there. More people could help contribute to it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

good call, i'll update chart

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm really glad someone started making this, I always like to know what to use, what effects, how fast etc...

BTW something to add to the chart, I used some Hi-Potion drops during U/O last night on my NIN, to my surprise they medicated me >< However, the medicated effect is like 5-10 minutes (i think 10), i only used 2 during the fight but I didn't pay exact attention to when it wore off.

Normal hi-pots do not medicate you at all, I'd say that is a difference to note.

edit: Yellow liquid is like 3 second use, 10 seconds frozen after

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I used Hi Ether drops during Bahamut 2 BC. i need to time it again. i think it was 10-15 minutes effect time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Don't forget shu'meyo salt and that fish for the mithra bc.

Good guide btw

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I used some Hi-Potion drops during U/O last night on my NIN, to my surprise they medicated me >< However, the medicated effect is like 5-10 minutes (i think 10),
    I'm pretty sure it's 5 minutes. I used them a lot back when I was soloing BLU.

Googling doesn't give a firm answer that I could find.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Making medicine stackable was almost a good improvement, but then they gimped it by having it medicate you. It's pretty much worthless compared to standard unstackable meds, except for maybe casual usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Making medicine stackable was almost a good improvement, but then they gimped it by having it medicate you. It's pretty much worthless compared to standard unstackable meds, except for maybe casual usage.
    The various potion/ether drops are awesome for low level self-powerlevelling. Instead of resting every 5 minutes, pop a drop and keep going. Much less room taken versus carrying 5-6 potions, 3-4 drinks, 2-3 au laits etc.

Then again everyone has a bored friend or second account these days to plvl themselves directly.

Banned.

BG Level

I dont get what would be so terrible about making potions, ethers, and drinks stackable. Wouldn't do anything but make the game a tad bit easier on already crammed inventory =/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    I dont get what would be so terrible about making potions, ethers, and drinks stackable. Wouldn't do anything but make the game a tad bit easier on already crammed inventory =/
    Because anybody with x99 hi-pots in their inventory is invincible. Especially lower levels.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Then again everyone has a bored friend or second account these days to plvl themselves directly.
    btw when i get my 2nd PC, im stealing legamen to PL my war on bst pets.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    The various potion/ether drops are awesome for low level self-powerlevelling. Instead of resting every 5 minutes, pop a drop and keep going. Much less room taken versus carrying 5-6 potions, 3-4 drinks, 2-3 au laits etc.

Ambrosia + /WHM ftw.