Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

BLU/COR/PUP AF & Limit Break

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

The Good News:

The artifact and limit break quests for the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs will be added in the next version update. You must have attained a certain level with each job to access its new quests.

New Artifacts

The artifact quests are continuations of the previously available "An Empty Vessel," "Luck of the Draw," and "No Strings Attached" quests. Like the artifact quests for other jobs, there will be three quests for each new job that the player must complete in order to attain the artifact weapon and two pieces of armor.

The other three pieces of artifact armor will not be available in coffers, but instead can be obtained by a new method. The Aht Urhgan areas are for high-level players, and placing coffers in these areas would make the artifact quests significantly more difficult than those for the other jobs.

Limit Break Quests

The NPC Maat, famous or even infamous for his part in previous limit break quests, will not be appearing in the new quests due to his lack of expertise in the jobs of the Near East. Instead, the player will have to battle against important figures for each job in order to breach their innate limits.

You must complete the three artifact quests for each job before attempting its limit break quest.

The Bad News:

The version update was scheduled to take place in mid-July, but has been postponed until late July.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

one of the main things im interested in seeing in this update is what pup AF is like. considering the job is worse than drg(no offence.)

They say it would be difficult for finding coffer's, more like 100 people looking at once. Interesting though "a new method" not even a hint maybe somthing like an assualt mission? Since its not a quest or coffer. Something new for a change.I hope it doesn't have anything involving besieged!

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

"A different method" fits nicely with how SE loves to word their info about in game content... The only reasonable idea that popped into my head about where they'd put the 3 non quested pieces of AF was through Assault. If they do that I hope it doesn't need a high amount of points like the lvl 72 sets.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i forsee 20 gold beast coins per piece of new AF

If they make me waste assault tags to get af, i will be more than somewhat pissed off.

Sounds hopeful though, maybe it wont be something as retarded as that. No coffers sounds refreshing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I like the idea of fighting against a famous blue mage NPC etc instead of maat... As much as I was happy to finally beat up maat long ago for all the frustration of earlier cap quests, it would have been cool to see different-looking NPCs for each battle. If anybody does the limit quest with the new jobs after the next update I hope they post some videos, It would be cool to see.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It'll be ever more amusing to see all the existing 75 CORs and BLUs decked out in endgame gear complaining about how their shiny new level 52-60 gear sucks.

I'm at minimum hoping they tie some decent storylines into the AF quests. There was some good storytelling going on for most of the AF quests I've finished so far.

I'm glad they're adding AF, can't wait to see the new sets.

Also, I'm kinda glad they delayed it, gives me more to get COR up to 50.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    It'll be ever more amusing to see all the existing 75 CORs and BLUs decked out in endgame gear complaining about how their shiny new level 52-60 gear sucks.

I'm at minimum hoping they tie some decent storylines into the AF quests. There was some good storytelling going on for most of the AF quests I've finished so far.
    All i know is, if the AF gloves for blu have "Learning Rate+2" on them.. im going to cry ;_;

I dont think anybody really cares what the stats on the AF are going to be. Unless theres some 'new' one like the example above, the jobs are going to be pretty unchanged as far as endgame goes. Cor is the only semi useful job anyway, so heres to hoping for "Roll Potency+X"

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ill cry laughing if SE makes it so anyone who hit 75 on a new job cant get the AF.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just like many other pieces of AF, the value will wind up being in the "enchances ability" aspect of it. Maybe PUP AF will increase the pet's skills to A... or make Overdrive better?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

wow very refreshing news.. i dont mind the update delay, as im still not finished SP rank.. so gives me more time to do those before i fall behind

as for AF..... smart choice not putting them in coffers, hopefully its an assault that does not use up existing I.D. tags, and entry is gained just by activating the quest, possibly with a special I.D. tag for that specific purpose only........ assaults are alot of fun and i dont mind doing more for my AF

as for endgame gear..... im not quite there yet, but i already have a pln. body waiting for me..... i really dont see anything being better for normal shooting/tp'ing....... hopefully the body peice is situational and is a macro'able peice

as for other pieces, doesnt really matter much either, SE has given cor alot of really excellent gear to work with, and any AF that comes will just compliment the job and we'll work around it

i just want to look like a pirate 8) ---- btw anyone that knows how to mod .dat files can you add an eye patch to the AF head >.>a

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

As far as BLU AF goes, I'd be happy with MND on the legs and something to make the magical spells stop sucking with the other pieces. Or, you know, any gear besides Nashira and elemental staves that might pretend to do this. >.>;;

I feel sorry for anyone who would actually HAVE to fight the NPC BLU to break their 70 level limit. I can't imagine that fight would be very... friendly.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke
    As far as BLU AF goes, I'd be happy with MND on the legs and something to make the magical spells stop sucking with the other pieces. Or, you know, any gear besides Nashira and elemental staves that might pretend to do this. >.>;;

I feel sorry for anyone who would actually HAVE to fight the NPC BLU to break their 70 level limit. I can't imagine that fight would be very... friendly.
    The NPC will open up with radiant breath / bad breath.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke

Whoevers gets off (and sticks) Radient Breath first, wins!

Someone said AF isn't going to change the new jobs endgame?

LOL WHAT?!

Some piece of blue mage AF is going to be "Blue magic skill +15"

You know how much that will change blue mage... It means they'll actually be able to do dmg to shit higher than T-VT at 75 and stick spells on stuff.

6 levels and 3 weeks to go before I can be a full-on pirate! YARRRR!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Airshort7
    Someone said AF isn't going to change the new jobs endgame?

LOL WHAT?!

Some piece of blue mage AF is going to be "Blue magic skill +15"

You know how much that will change blue mage... It means they'll actually be able to do dmg to shit higher than T-VT at 75 and stick spells on stuff.
    And give the mob 50% tp in the process. Blu is about skillchains and healing, not damage. Anything worth being landed can be landed already.

Not to mention, Physical spell accuracy is determined by the accuracy of your main weapon. Unless they chose to make magical spells vastly improved, Blue Magic Skill is the equivilant of Summoning Skill.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I find it interesting that the Limit Break quests for the new jobs require the player to have done all their AF quests. I still don't have some AF finished for most of my jobs that are 60+ @_@

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast