BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Depopping PH and the effect on Lottery NM

Searched around various places and couldn't find any information.

Anyone know the effect of depopping place holder mobs to pop NM's? For instance last night I was trying to pop Ose on my BST. I would charm toramas and release them out of their spawning radius to depop them, making the repop in one minute. I did this for about an hour or so without success. Eventually I got bored and just started killing toramas normally and got him to pop.

The obvious advantage to depopping (if it works) is that you can force repops much quicker, hopefully giving you more chances of spawning the lottery NM. One minute repopping due to depop vs the 13 or so minutes of killing the mob and waiting for respawn.

We already know that when you depop a mob, let's say a 73 Torama, there is no guarantee that it will respawn another 73 torama, instead it will respawn the range (70-73). Now the question is, does the game automatically make the repop 100% Torama or is there a chance of a NM popping?

I'm going to try again tonight now that Onzozo is always empty, but if anyone has any experience with this or testing with this, I would be grateful.

It used to be that you could cycle the pool until you got the NM by depopping mobs; people used to train the detectors in sky and despot would pop.

I think they fixed it though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    It used to be that you could cycle the pool until you got the NM by depopping mobs; people used to train the detectors in sky and despot would pop.

the night after that patch we realized this worked by accidentally doing it to despot, and then used it for a few other things. i think it also helped someone with a thf knife (not positive). but like aurik said it's been fixed by now, at least it has for those two nms (most likely in general right?).

I believe they fixed that, and said in the update when you traid and depop a mob, the exact same mob repops now. So it'd stay at the same spot in the cycle for lotto.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's a really buggy patch then, because we usually pop Despot outside.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tornfleshofsoul
    I believe they fixed that, and said in the update when you traid and depop a mob, the exact same mob repops now. So it'd stay at the same spot in the cycle for lotto.
    Yeah right, tell that to BSTs. I love it when my EM Caedarva Leech depops and repops as a DC or a T.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That was fast, thanks for the quick replies.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Quote Originally Posted by tornfleshofsoul
    Yeah right, tell that to BSTs. I love it when my EM Caedarva Leech depops and repops as a DC or a T.
    Yeah....its not the "exact" same mob as they indicated. Its the same mob class, but not exactly the same mob....the lvls can very. This really blows when you have 2 EM pets, and you leave one of them about .00000000000000000001 inches outside its "area" and the fucker depops and repops T.

On topic....no...you cannot pop NM's this way anymore. As others said, it worked like this for a few days, but SE caught it and changed it. You are gonna have to kill the PH to pop Ose.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

My bad, I meant the dolls. Everyone else seemed to understand me.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It doesn't work anymore.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Back in your cage Black Mage! >O

It worked for despot less then a week ago O.o

2 full trains of all the groundskeepers and he popped, didn't kill a single one.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mala

2 full trains of all the groundskeepers and he popped, didn't kill a single one.
    Hmm. Can anyone else confirm this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I understood you. I'm just in assmode atm.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mala

Hmm. Can anyone else confirm this?

Doesn't work. They fixed it like everyone else said. By some freak chance Despot prolly poped because some had killed a doll before they tried it or it was a big glitch.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I zoned groundskeepers for like 10 min with a friend, no despot.

I don't know if this is related but I'll ask it here anyway.

If somebody pops Jailor of Temperance and wipes and he depops, can he spawn again quickly or are you stuck waiting for the 8+ hour repop timer on him?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dont know where the 8 hour repop rumor came from on Temperance, its died on Fenrir twice within a 3 hours span.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    If somebody pops Jailor of Temperance and wipes and he depops, can he spawn again quickly or are you stuck waiting for the 8+ hour repop timer on him?
    I wasn't aware there was a long repop timer on Temperance. Since DRK and DRG can pop shortly after they were killed, it'd be strange that the devs gave Temperance a long repop timer. We've never had it depop or tried to kill it more than once in a run though.

/derail

For forever we've been completely unsuccessful in getting JoT to pop within like 8-12 hours of the last death... Some of the people in the LS are beginning to think the repop time must be something ridiculous (as Faranim mentioned), has anyone else had this much trouble? Or are we just having bad luck?

We're near completing our 5th or 6th JoL set but we're always being held up by JoT, and any additional information on his 'repop time' or anything related would be greatly appreciated to make this already extremely painful process a little easier.

Personally I think we're just having bad luck, and it's probably just like the Ixs, but the bulk of the linkshell seems to think otherwise now with our consistant bad luck at this. Thanks in advanced for any info/experiences/examples/whichever.

Sorry for the derail.