BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"Gayest" NM/HNM fight?

probably banished2alla, but alas, 99% of them have not fought anything of note.

Our LS often discusses this on Ventrilo, and we seem to have come to the agreement that the Jailer of Prudence is probably FFXI's "gayest" NM fight. An NM that warps around, hits ridiculously quickly, and can do the oh-so-fun teleport-> dual Sinuate Rush combo and just totally annihilate random non-tanks. Every time we fight this, I really wonder what SE was thinking when they created it. Did they have some kind of intended strategy, besides zerg and reraise spam one while trying to kite the other? (Note that this is referring to the post-patch fixed Prudence who does not disappear randomly. The old one was a whole different excercize in gayness).

Interested in hearing what other people think. Note that this refers to the actual fights, not what you think of the pop conditions/drops.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I used to agree on this the first 5-10 times we did prudence. Ever since we got our strategy down on him, he isnt as annoying anymore. Won't warp around unless some mage pulls hate for us, and nins can tank him fine.

For me the worst fight is Temperance. Its just a dumb fight. Everyone bringing all their skillup weapons so the Samurais can do damage when in blunt form woo!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rostrum Pumps, just because its gay.

Gration too. Huge fag.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'll nominate Golden Tongued cocksucker...I mean tonberry. Insta death cast if you are anywhere close to within range = cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    I'll nominate Golden Tongued cocksucker...I mean tonberry. Insta death cast if you are anywhere close to within range = cheese.
    /no

Anything that be duoed can't possibly be the gayest fight in the game.

Pumps and Temperance I'd put up there, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Goblin Collector.

1) He wants a premium handbag. How gay is that?
    2) He attacks like he's got mighty strikes + hundred fists
    3) Every hit resets hate
    4) Can't be kited effectively
    5) Casts some annoying -gas
    6) And after all that, he drops a worthless pair of gloves that gives TP to mobs.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

shadowbind makes prudence a little less for the exp loss

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Kurrea anyone? Oh and how about a spike flailing Ouryu at 1% while no one was behind it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Keido
    Kurrea anyone? Oh and how about a spike flailing Ouryu at 1% while no one was behind it.
    Spike Flail is triggered if you're behind or out of melee range.

As far as Culberry goes, once you grasp the concept of it, its a ridiculously easy fight.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Insta death is fun. I always wished more mob would be like this.

Worst fight for me is...dunno..kited kirin? (melee zerg is fun). It's just long and dull.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I would have to say that Kurrea is probably the most annoying NM although we found a trick that seems to make it less painful.

Rostrum pumps can be a pain also, such as the time where it wouldn't spawn Alastor after 27 execs pop at which time someone promptly CFH on the mob so we had to destroy it (even if it goes unclaimed it wont spawn anymore)

But prob the worst NM is KB. Why does one of the best items in the game have to drop off a mob that can be defeated by a group of monkeys.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If that's the definition of gay, Dark Rider is 100x more gay.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Keido
    Spike Flail is triggered if you're behind or out of melee range.

As far as Culberry goes, once you grasp the concept of it, its a ridiculously easy fight.
    That does not mean it was not gay

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I find that JoT's gayness is severely reduced with a SMN or two, as they can do damage regardless of the form its in. (Piercing is obviously sucky compared to blunt and slashing)

Also, Golden-Tongued Culberry? His death is not an instant cast, or anything close to it. You'll only get Deathed if you're running around a corner when he starts casting.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Prudence isn't bad when the 2nd one is kited.

Most annoying would be Kurrea who gets phy, magic buff, magic up earlier on and proceeds to rape you. R pumps is equally annoying just because it can take forever to summon.

I hate both of these fights because you never know what your going to get (5min fight or hour or more fight).

I'm sure there is some strategy about Prudence that I am not aware of... we tried sacing one while we fight another, have a hold PT, etc...

... but what worked the best always seemed to be just having a bunch of blms nuking/bouncing hate/reraising.

What am I missing?

lol Kurrea is fun and pretty damn easy...

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My old first LS had over 40 executioners pop to the point where we eventually were overwhelmed by about 10 up at the same time, and we started to wipe.

Then, while we were having everyone 2hr and try to zerg the executioners dead, BAM, alastor. Right as we were about to kill the spawner.

What makes it worse is we had done all of our member's runs sucessfully and were doing a run for a good friend of the shell just out of being nice, and they lost their trap I felt bad so I bought one back for her though

ulation. AKA: The Pickle!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Shen anyone? 8)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Jailer of Prudence is, without question, the worst fight in FFXI. My linkshell is pretty Sea heavy and I've fought Jailer of Prudence seven times since joining a few months ago seeing just one Virtue and one Torque. On one of the fights they warped to a Black Mage, did Sinuate Rush in unison and wiped pretty much the entire alliance. Luckily, we were able to salvage the fight - for a Prudence Rod.

Another fight, the second decided to dissapear at 24% and leave a Prudence Rod in everyones log five seconds later. That one was cool!

And as if the Jailer of Prudence fight being hard enough and not dropping it's Virtue was bad enough, it then took us six Jailer of Faith's before we got his Virtue to try again. I've killed Jailer of Faith nine times in under a week before but our linkshell is now completely maxed out on Faith Torques so that's kinda nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast