BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

So, how many people have actually gotten their accounts back

Okay, I'm not going to state the specific information here, because I'm sure no one gives a shit about how some random account got stolen. I'm just wondering, for the people who got them back, what did the process go like?

I called POL after I miraculously found my original CD Key, got my original CC number I used on the account, told them my birthday, where I lived, etc., etc., everything only the original owner would know. He then said he was going to put forth an investigation. I asked how long those took, and he said he didn't know. At that point I was like well, I'm fucked...but then he said that he didn't know of that many investigations going on where people actually HAD their info when dealing with stolen accounts. Usually people just called in and said "my account got hackt n get it back 4 me plz" and had no evidence to say it was theirs in the first place.

So I gave them my callback number, and he said that someone should be in touch with me in the near future.

My question is, has anyone that also had all their "paperwork" ever called in regarding a stolen account, and got it back? Or should I just kiss it goodbye?

Thanks for your help/time.

Leah/Lbelle.
    Pandemonium Server.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

WoW sucks.

ulation. AKA: The Pickle!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

kiss that shyt /goodbye.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Orginal CD Key helps alot but you may be screwed sorry belle.

Sandpaper is fun....

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I know you didn't want to get into specifics about your account, but this topic might have some info about your character, like what it's been doing lately <_<

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=p ... 126258&d=0

Look about.. 80% of the way through, last 6-7 posts in that page or so.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    I know you didn't want to get into specifics about your account, but this topic might have some info about your character, like what it's been doing lately <_<

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=p ... 126258&d=0

Look about.. 80% of the way through, last 6-7 posts in that page or so.
    Hmm, this actually brings somewhat of an interesting perspective to the situation. Only because the person that bought the account is going to all the high profile forums and posting about how the account is theirs, and it's legit, etc. But then everyone is saying it's bullshit after they post. I mean, it seems like they are trying to cover something up. Notice how they never post backing themself up after people start to show evidence? Just seems odd to me.

-- To those saying kiss it goodbye, that really sucks. Hopefully POL will be helpful with the problem given all the information, because I know others who have succeeded by these means. Really though, since this person who has my account will know by now that they might be giving the account back, I wish he'd tell me who he is so we can get it settled, and he can maybe get his money back and purchase another account. I know of quite a few people on Pandy looking to sell. And looking to sell much better accounts than what mine had to offer.[/b]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, and I know you said you don't want to get into the details, but if you sold the account, what makes you think you have any right to get it back? POL may see it differently, sure, but why would you sell your account to someone then try to fuck them out of what you sold them?

Maybe that's not what happened though, maybe it got hacked and the hacker sold your account. /shrug

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, and I know you said you don't want to get into the details, but if you sold the account, what makes you think you have any right to get it back? POL may see it differently, sure, but why would you sell your account to someone then try to fuck them out of what you sold them?

Maybe that's not what happened though, maybe it got hacked and the hacker sold your account. /shrug
    Perhaps if, say for example, someone else sold it for her, she might want it back. Just an example.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Heian said I made it unclear too...let me try to fix what I said. I don't mind giving out specifics by the way, I just know most of you don't care to hear them.

I had my account. Lbelle. I decided that I needed to take a break from FFXI a couple of months ago, but instead of selling the account, or deleting the account, I offered to give it to a friend of mine, Tanthalas, or David as I call him. This was the second time it has happened though, so I knew he was okay to trust etc. Last time, David had access to the account, as well as a few other people that he was friends with, just for purposes of LS events and powerleveling and stuff like that.

THIS. TIME. David only gave access to one person other than me. The person who Has the account right now, is saying that they bought it on Ebay. David did not sell the account, would never sell the account, and has no reason to since he is financially secure and he trusts me on and offline.

I never sold the account to David either, I merely said "Hey, I can't play anymore, do you want the account or should I give it to someone in Kupo who wants it?" he said he'd love to take it over again, level some more, do TAOU shit on it, so I was more than happy to let him have her.

There was nothing to do with money on my part at any time. The only thing I did in all this was let someone use my account. He let someone else, only one other person, use it, someone we both trust(used to I guess..) and the next day the account was gone. "Sold on Ebay"

If that doesn't clear it up, just let me know I'll try to reiterate in a shorter way. Sorry >_>

Welcome back to FFXI lbelle :O

But anyways, did you confront david about any 3rd party tools he tried or maybe a screwed parser? If somebody else got the acct the best you can do is probably try to get it off him. Maybe david will pay for it since it was likely his mistake and he's 'well off.'

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

But anyways, did you confront david about any 3rd party tools he tried or maybe a screwed parser? If somebody else got the acct the best you can do is probably try to get it off him. Maybe david will pay for it since it was likely his mistake and he's 'well off.'
    Mm, I'm not coming back to FFXI I don't think. I just don't want my account in the wrong hands. And on Lbelle he only really ever used her as a means on PLing his EXP parties for the most part I believe, so I don't think he'd need a parser for that.

David also offered his own account, Tanthalas, in order to get Lbelle back. So he has tried alot of things to get it back for me, we're both trying everything we can.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I wrote this earlier in response to a thread the "new Lbelle" started on Alla forums, so some of my references might seem strange. But here's what I've gathered thus far from my investigation.

don't know if you want screenshots to prove any of this yet, but if you ask me for them, I will provide. Lbelle's account belongs to Leah, a RL Friend who goes to University of Florida. She left me in charge of the account for the past 1.5 years, and as you may already know I leveled and put all the time into this account. This is up until 3 days ago, when I let the original Dink (not the new one, but the original one who sold his account) play Lbelle because he was bored.

A day later, my account was hijacked, and the password was changed on me. When I approached "Lbelle" in-game, I was given a series of lies, many of which I caught him red-handed.

First of all, he claimed that he paid $540 for the account on eBay, but was never able to give me an item #. He kept insisting that his e-mails for the bids were deleted and he didn't have record of the purchase anymore. Also, he claimed the eBay seller's ID was "hotsexymatt" - but when I did a review under eBay's user search, I found no such items sold or purchased. I asked him why he couldn't provide me the eBay item # for what he purchased and all he could say was, "my email server deletes emails after 5 days, and if you want, I'll give you the buyer's address, but I'm not responsible if you kill him" (lawl?)

I suspected it was Dink, and was conversing with both "Lbelle" and Dink (on AIM, who was pretending through his teeth that nothing happened). Interestingly, I noticed that "Lbelle" spelled the word "through" as "threw" incorrectly. I saw an opportunity to set Dink up, and later in AIM conversations, I asked him "what's the best way to exchange passwords, in game or tells?" And he answered me, "Probably threw messenger." Too much coincidence?

Funny, though. I trusted Dink because he was one of my closest in game friends, meaning I've played with him so much that I know his habits and mannerisms. I know his pulling macros - he ALWAYS puts in "Pulling <t>" and just as a matter of interest, I asked someone in his PT last night (A BLM named Alleisha), if Lbelle was using any macros for party chat when pulling. Lo and behold, he used "Pulling <t>" just as I had suspected.

I suspected it when there were gaps in our conversations while in game and on AIM. Whenever "Dink" talked to me on AIM, Lbelle would go quiet, etc. He plays on PS2 and has AIM on PC so I know there's a required time difference in order to chat on both.

The most blaring piece of evidence is one that I cannot prove, but here it is: NOBODY had access to this account but Leah and me, until I stupidly trusted Dink 3 days ago and let him use the account. He blatantly stole it from me, when I trusted him, then lied about it. If he just wanted the character, I'm sure I would've come to terms about letting him play as much as he wanted.

It's Dink, no questions asked.

Oh, also noticed that these screenshots he posted trying to decry my reputation were using a digital camera of a monitor/TV. Interesting... Dink's eBay item for his sold account also had photos of TV screens showing his crafting and job levels and items.

Should I keep going on?

Anyhow, Dink. I'm not one to hold grudges here, I just want to return Leah's account to her. She was literally in tears the other night when I admitted what had happened, which was of course my fault. I trusted you, and this is what I got in return. I would've really traded you accounts, just like I told you on AIM. I had to test your password to see if it was real first though, which is why you were kicked off. It was, and afterwards, when I tried to continue our deal, you chose not to accept. I am fine with quitting FFXI and leaving you with my account if it means that I can make up for my screwup to Leah, who I consider a good friend of mine.

You can ask people in my Linkshell - that evening, I was asking someone to hold my Osode (which belongs to a friend) because I was ready to hand the account to you after I gave my borrowed items back to people.

I wouldn't have done that had I not been willing to actually give you my password.

You've just really let me down, after all the times I stood up for you. When you were kicked from Kupo, when you were re-invited, then re-kicked from Kupo, when we were teammates on Ballista Royale team Zing, whenever we did anything together... I wouldn't just trust anyone. And to have it betrayed really was a wake up call to me. I don't know what to say anymore, other than to have fun on your new account. For me, it's just a lot of work and hours spent on leveling and doing missions on Lbelle, but for Leah -- well that's her baby in FFXI, and I won't even blame you for her being down because I shouldn't have given you the password in the first place. My fault... I just hope, at least, that perhaps you might see the consequences of this and see how you have contributed to hurting her.

If you really want to play FFXI so badly (I noticed you applied to Caffeine, your old LS), just talk to me. Give Leah her account back, and we'll talk.

Fact is, it's my fault. I shouldn't have given up the ID/PW in the first place, no matter how much I trusted this guy. Hopefully, he'll agree to trade accounts with me and I can leave FFXI in peace and give Lbelle back her account and at least wash my hands from this mess I created. Losing Tanthalas is not a big deal, considering I had to quit sometime soon anyway -- losing Leah's trust on the other hand, is a big deal to me.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

I'd buy it back in a heartbeat if he offered it to me. Problem is, this guy did NOT buy it for $540 as he stated. It's Dink... as stated above in my previous post. If it was really some other guy who bought it, and could provide proof (eBay records, for one), I would really take the leap of faith and send money in Paypal before getting the PW/ID from him. But I'm sure as hell not gonna send $540 or any amount of money to a guy who blatantly stole it from me, unless I get PW/ID first.

You won't get your account back. I'm not really even sure if they do anything when they open an investigation on the account, but in the event that they actually do, I know for a fact that, should they find the account stolen or RMTed, all they will do is terminate it. They will not give you back your account (If you ask a Senior/Lead GM this, they can confirm it for you.)

I know somebody who sold their account on eBay, which was then sold again on eBay (I think 3-4 sales took place).

Then, several months later, the original creator of the account (who willingly sold it) called up POL with the original account information and within a few weeks was back on their character (totally screwing over whoever last bought the account via eBay).

Unfortunately I don't have any more info than that. But I do know that it's somehow possible to get your account back, even if it was traded on eBay or IGE or whatever and had the billing information changed.

Masterofshade

That really sucks. Was always nice getting PLed by a 75 WHM while me Tanth and Warrick were exping >.>;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That blows, I'm sorry to hear about that Lbelle (and tanth). I saw you on last night by Al Zhabi AH, even examined me, makes sense now why you didnt wave back ;;

Hope it all gets resolved, I wouldn't have thought Dink could be a dick like that...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Well, here's a funny thing. And a fucking annoying thing, too. Last night I called POL and talked to someone who genuinely seemed to want to help. He got all my info, even took down my phone number etc. so POL could call me back with any information regarding the investigation. I told him late in the conversation that some of the info I gave him was old, like an old address, old telephone number, because those were things that I used when I first made the account. He was like, "Oh I'm really glad you told me about the phone number, cause we would have called the old one..."

So today, I call back asking for a follow up on the investigation, trying to see what's going on, if it has even been filed, etc. The guy I talked to today though, seemed like a real dickhead. He said that once an investigation is filed, there are NO status updates, no way they can tell if it is going on, nothing, and when the investigation is finished, no one will call me. I said that the guy yesterday said that someone would call me with info when it was resolved, and the new guy said the only people that willcontact me MIGHT be my local authorities. What. the. fuck. I said really? He said yes. Like in a real dickhead way. I said, Okay, thank you...trying not to sound as pissed as I was, cause I didnt want him to delete my file or whatever, and hung up. His name was James or Frank, can't remember.

Anyway, I guess I'll call back tomorrow too, and see what a different person says. I wish I could recall the other guy's name I talked to, since he seemed to want to help. He even said that WHEN POL CALLS ME they will give me some options as to what I should do regarding the acccount. I'm so confused.

Also, everyone saying that they know people that gave their CC info, POL Reg Code etc., I did all that. I even have billing info from when David had the account to show them that I really know everything that went on. So, if what you guys are saying is true, then hopefully it will all turn out okay, and you guys can have your power leveler back. She's the cutest PLer ever, I know.

Just wanted to give you all an update, and say thanks for all your concern<3

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

GL. hope you guys get the account back

Sea Torques
    BG Level

FFXI has taught me to trust no one on the internet. Ever.