Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ouryu Cometh ENM     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ouryu Cometh ENM

I have this planned for my linkshell, but I don't see anything about pre requisites such as CoP etc. I need to know if there are any. I would like to also know what you think about my startegy and team line up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tank Party
    1. PLD
    2. WAR/WHM
    3. WAR/WHM
    4. BRD
    5. RDM/DRK < for stun
    6. WHM/SMN < for blink

DD Party
    1. BLM < free nuke with aero spells until we do the skillchain
    2. BLM
    3. BLM
    4. Stun and heal and MB nuke
    5. WHM
    6. BLM

Skillchain and random party.
    1.RDM Healer/Stunner
    2. Melee
    3. SAM/THF < SA to help land the weapons skills.
    4. Melee
    5. NIN Backup tank/Melee
    6. WHM or BLM

Tank Party:
    The war/whm’s are very important for using curagas to heal everyone and the brd and rdm to keep them with a lot of mp. The war’s can take the hits if needed if they pull hate with their cures.

DD party:
    This can also consist of melee depending on who can come to this fight. Smn’s will use spinning dive to deal most of the dmg, and they can try the Diabolos move and compare the dmg of the two. Best to just use single hit bloodpacts in this fight. Blm’s will free nuke with aero spells. It resist most other spells heavily so only use aero. Make sure to save MP for when we do the skillchain. The MB and bloodpacts and Skillchain will be most of your dmg in this fight. If we happen to have more melee then mages, we can build tp on the adds. Just keep the worms silenced and the make sure the elementals don’t get their big nukes off, and you can build tp on those. Their will only be 2 elementals and that is one earth and one wind.

Controlling adds:
    Rdm’s will be there to silence the worms. Elementals should be kept asleep for as long as possible. All of these mobs build resistence to sleep and will need to be killed eventually. But keep them asleep and silenced as long as possible. The mobs respawn shortly after they are killed, so we shouldn’t rely on just killing them. Another idea of the worms is to have one person outside the alliance and just get agro from the worms and stay out of their magic range and just help cure from outside the alliance. This way the worms wont be a bother the whole time. They can still be killed if TP is needed that badly.

I want BLM’s to save their ES just in case we need to sleep Ouryu. He can only really be slept well while he isn’t flying. So we will set that up if we need to sleep him. Logout if you need to to reset hate. Once he starts flying, we will be using mistmelts to bring him back to the ground. His aoe in the air hurts a lot and keeping him on the ground helps tremendously in the fight. http://ffxi.somepage.com/bcnm/62. This should have the rest of the information that you need, if you have any questions, just ask.

thf/drk for the TH, somewhere right?

BC

not ENM

Edit: To answer your question, you need Riverne access and have beat PM4-2 Ouryu BC

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/search.php

Use the search function next time. There are plenty of Ouryu threads to answer your questions.

Water > Fire > Ice > Wind > Earth > Thunder > Water

Think about Ouryu, and think about Stun.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, you won't be stunning anything, but Ouryu is silencable to some extent (actually one of the places where skill matters), so use that the best you can

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

RDM/DRK < for stun
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Yeah, you won't be stunning anything, but Ouryu is silencable to some extent (actually one of the places where skill matters), so use that the best you can
    SAM ftw!

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Serif
    SAM ftw!
    Well that's one way, I just cast silence myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Serif
    SAM ftw!
    Well that's one way, I just cast silence myself.
    Who needs RDMs!

BRDs can silence Kirin, they can do Ouryu too!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

THF/WHM to silence Ouryu. They can wear Homam head and legs for the magic acc !

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Not sure what Homam you're wearing but mine has no magic acc.

Edit: Ah, I was just thinking of the legs, lol. My bad. =P

Head is the only one with Magic Acc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Most likely any advice you get here won't help you, you'll still wipe and lose thousands of exp.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo
    BC

not ENM

Edit: To answer your question, you need Riverne access and have beat PM4-2 Ouryu BC
    Actually you just need Riverne access. Tested this a while back with someone who was dual-boxing a WHM account

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

ouryu drop prices went to shit on Odin server ; ;

Re: Ouryu Cometh ENM

Quote Originally Posted by Makenshin
    Skillchain and random party.
    1.RDM Healer/Stunner
    2. Melee
    3. SAM/THF < SA to help land the weapons skills.
    4. Melee
    5. NIN Backup tank/Melee
    6. WHM or BLM
    Umm, not sure how good your tanks are, but hate tends to be a lil iffy on Ouryu (ESPECIALLY if you're asking for help on a forum). I'd be really hesitant about SAing Ouryu.

I've only fought Ouryu a few times, but we didnt use any meele at all

2x ES sleep2 when it lands, and then when it flys the BLM burn it down as much as they can, then next 2 BLM ES sleep, i think we had 6-8 so ES's were ready as long as people didnt mess up. 40-50 min kills tho, had 75RDM/37BST<-(75 BST) charm worms and duo Elementals with an extra PLD/NIN.

With double refresh WHMs should drop to about 200 MP starting off around 900, maybe drop to more around 300 now with Magnetic earring, but I digress. From Flight -> land, anyways. Used 2 NIN w/o Elemental gear, which they will have next time we fight it (we did this strat like 6 months ago <,< If both NIN have full elemental set they shouldnt lose hate, and the WHMs should be good on MP the entire fight. The only problem would be Breakga right before it lands. WHMs will gain hate around 30-40% life left or so, you can attempt logging out if you must but you NEED them there and with lots of MP when it flys. If NIN dont have resist gear anyways :a

Unsure if it still works though, since -certain-? Dragon/Wyrm class mobs recieved a Sleep resistance boost, but I beleieve ES'ing sleeps should make that irrelevant? :a anyways.

This strat works, dunno bout any others ^^; Silencing it would be good though lol, if your strat is fighting it on the ground, you definantly dont want it to Breakga ^^;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

lolFirstPost

But anyways, you can use Mistmelts on Ouryu.... Just spend the afternoon before the BC killing Hippos as a small LS party. Saves alot of time and alot of MP.

NIN edit: Also, SMNs using Garuda's Predator Claw are a much better damage source than BLMs on this fight - mainly because of the wyrm-magic-gimp, less MP over time, higher damage, and less hate problems. BLMs are usually there as secondary damage and support for random cures and taking care of elementals/worms. Don't bother with melees and MB because it just causes too many hate problems and doens't put out the same kind of damage it would on Fafnir (I'm assuming that's where you got your basic strategy from... With PLD tanks and the such). Use NINs tanks too, with full -damage% gear.

Good luck.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I don't know why you are sleeping it on the ground, since you can use Garuda/Levi on it for great damage. Get 6-7 Mistmelts and just go to town on it. Also, you have too many melee.

I forsee you barely winning in time, or wiping out.