+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 10th Dimension     submit to reddit submit to twitter

10th Dimension

Some people are too smart for their own good.

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php

I'm smarter then you tape

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02
    I'm smarter then you tape
    No doubt.

After watching the video I think I might buy the book. It's like $18 and will be an interesting read.

I actually tried reading it and this is all I have to say:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...l/untitled.jpg

brain hurt

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

it just kept repeating the same poop after 5th dimension >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    You're thinking too 4th dimensional.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

string theorys been around for a while im surprised its only starting to get more attention recently

Reminds me of that "What the *bleep* do we Know?" movie that preached quantum physics and other highly theoretical sciences. It's really fascinating stuff, really. It's almost like a religious science, where you're asked merely to concieve the posibilities rather than prove them through the scientific method (as, indeed, how could you?). I'm not sure we'll ever truly find some of the answers, but there have been a lot of good stories based on string theory, Star Trek being the most well known.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Not really. They're pretty different just follow a similar pattern.

As for the book that seems really interesting. I might pick it up.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I told someone once, that everything that will happen has already "happned" and simply because we don't percieve past the 3rd dimension... I told him time travel and dimension hopping were along the same lines. In which case, everything that can happen to us has already "happened". I said going back in time would be easy, in comparison to finding the future where you made yourself rich by going back in time. Chances are you would come back to your regulatr future, and would have only succeeded in creating another "timeline" which cannot be obtained by "time travel" but by "sliding" (aka sliders). He called me mad. As did one of my teachers. I never spoke of it again... I should have held on to that money making idea and written a book...

E. Body
    BG Level

Thanks for posting -- some really interesting stuff =)

What I didn't like too much though, of the entire presentation, was 1) He didn't explain some of the other steps in much detail, unless "The 9th dimension is like the xth dimension where the twolander can move unknowingly by folding the dimension" -- or something like that (look @ the 9th dimension part), which I found to be meh.

Also, he states everything very matter-of-factly, and that "it is what it is." Personally, I like to have the word "maybe" before a theory is proposed, especially one such as this.

Good stuff though, very well-made flash =D

EDIT: Took a quick look at the forums page, interesting how he's very responsive (the author, Rob Bryanton). Anyone know where he received his education?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    I told someone once, that everything that will happen has already "happned" and simply because we don't percieve past the 3rd dimension... I told him time travel and dimension hopping were along the same lines. In which case, everything that can happen to us has already "happened". I said going back in time would be easy, in comparison to finding the future where you made yourself rich by going back in time. Chances are you would come back to your regulatr future, and would have only succeeded in creating another "timeline" which cannot be obtained by "time travel" but by "sliding" (aka sliders). He called me mad. As did one of my teachers. I never spoke of it again... I should have held on to that money making idea and written a book...
    Your mad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

he stopped making sense after the 3rd dimension.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    I daresay that not only did you not grasp the concept that the site/book put forward, but that string theory has probably been around since before you were born.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

If our reality is infinite and there’s no end to the universe then everything has happened multiple times, simultaneously and with out missing a single instant. With that said, there’s a lot of living around with no real explanation. If we can’t explain our own existence through logic then something is blocking our logic. This is why I believe the world we live in now is not real. Explaining what conscious is has yet to be explained; all we know is what it can do.

If want to jump to another reality where your grandfather didn’t die? Odds are it's out there...

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    Also, he states everything very matter-of-factly, and that "it is what it is." Personally, I like to have the word "maybe" before a theory is proposed, especially one such as this.
    heh, that's called presentation technique. when you are trying to sell something, and you don't sound absolutely sure of yourself, a lot of people won't take you seriously

edit: btw, a lot of people here would probably enjoy that haruhi anime XD

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    heh, that's called presentation technique. when you are trying to sell something, and you don't sound absolutely sure of yourself, a lot of people won't take you seriously

Exactly what is this guy trying to sell!?!?! I wonder....
    /strokechin

Quote Originally Posted by Bwelch
    If our reality is infinite and there’s no end to the universe then everything has happened multiple times, simultaneously and with out missing a single instant. With that said, there’s a lot of living around with no real explanation. If we can’t explain our own existence through logic then something is blocking our logic. This is why I believe the world we live in now is not real. Explaining what conscious is has yet to be explained; all we know is what it can do.

If want to jump to another reality where your grandfather didn’t die? Odds are it's out there...
    /Matrix

on topic: that was pretty interesting. some government guy (hes in fbi i think) came to school one day and explained something like this. he also said the government is spending millions for studying this kind of thing along with ESP stuff (that humans are capable of being phsycic)

so 10th dimension = everything?