Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 LastLast

I saw your equipment, this is how I know you just bought that belt. That post was dripping with sarcasm because you don't have melee gear. Galka != melee gear. I believe I saw you say that race doesn't mean anything in this game, especially for SMN. That implies that job and equipment dictates what you can do. Some jobs just shouldn't melee in PTs and SMN is definately one of them. It is more beneficial to the PT to backup or main heal while doing blood pacts as soon as they're up. If you don't get that you will be made fun of forever and you'll just have to deal with it.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    Pluto's, Hedgehog Bomb, af1 head actually, since the red isn't darker, guessing a SMN torque but could be a Grandiose Chain, Magnetic/Loquacious, YYR, AF2 hands/feet, Tamas, Evoker's, AF1 legs, Hierarch Belt, and the cape from Assault that's 30 hp/mp.
    Pluto's Staff (Full set of HQ)
    Hedgehog Bomb
    Summoner's Horn (Yes, that's what it is.)
    Yinyang Robe
    Summoner's Bracers
    Evoker's Spats
    Summoner's Pigaches
    Grandiose Chain
    Intensifying Cape
    Hierarch Belt
    Tamas Ring
    Evoker's Ring
    Magnetic Earring
    Loquacious Earring

Close, but no cigar. =)

Also, HP/MP total comes from 6 merits in MP, none in HP. I could put on a Bomb Queen Ring, and still put this Galka to shame. He should learn to put effort into his job rather than upgrade the staff like an idiot, 'cause my gear isn't anything particulary special either.

Quote Originally Posted by PussPuss
    I saw your equipment, this is how I know you just bought that belt. That post was dripping with sarcasm because you don't have melee gear. Galka != melee gear. I believe I saw you say that race doesn't mean anything in this game, especially for SMN. That implies that job and equipment dictates what you can do. Some jobs just shouldn't melee in PTs and SMN is definately one of them. It is more beneficial to the PT to backup or main heal while doing blood pacts as soon as they're up. If you don't get that you will be made fun of forever and you'll just have to deal with it.
    Of course I only got the hierarch belt recently, I even said that a while back.
    And unless I get something new to try messing around with (such as temperance torque a couple days ago) That's exactly what I do in a party, as you said.
    ATM all I have to benefit meleeing is a life belt, higher dmg weapons, and a crappy venerer ring I got from doing that lame quest, and now a Temperance Torque (+7 staff / axe skill, +5CHR (and as the original poster of this thread mentioned, it appears GoT has a charisma modifier)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Pluto's, Hedgehog Bomb, af1 head actually, since the red isn't darker, guessing a SMN torque but could be a Grandiose Chain, Magnetic/Loquacious, YYR, AF2 hands/feet, Tamas, Evoker's, AF1 legs, Hierarch Belt, and the cape from Assault that's 30 hp/mp.
    Hedgehog Bomb
    Yinyang Robe
    Summoner's Bracers
    Evoker's Spats
    Summoner's Pigaches
    Grandiose Chain
    Intensifying Cape
    Hierarch Belt
    Tamas Ring
    Evoker's Ring
    Magnetic Earring
    Loquacious Earring

Close, but no cigar. =)

Also, HP/MP total comes from 6 merits in MP, none in HP. I could put on a Bomb Queen Ring, and still put this Galka to shame. He should learn to put effort into his job rather than upgrade the staff like an idiot, 'cause my gear isn't anything particulary special either.
    Meh, only got two wrong.

I do put effort into my job, thanks. Not having a grandiose chain and a intensifying cape does not indicate a lack of effort. 50+ points worth of merits doesnt either. I can fully see where people go with the hq staff shit, but I disagree with that as not all of them are necissary.

You don't have Claustrum so temperance torque is worthless until you do. pcc > tt at this point.
    Pretty much agreed, however I'm up to attempt #12 or so on that BCNM so far with no drop.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    I do put effort into my job, thanks. Not having a grandiose chain and a intensifying cape does not indicate a lack of effort. 50+ points worth of merits doesnt either. I can fully see where people go with the hq staff shit, but I disagree with that as not all of them are necissary.
    Being able to cast lots on relic armor, as well as come on to BG Forums and argue that SMN can do something besides Cure (lolmelee) does not equate an abundance of effort.

If you were to put effort into your job, you'd have had Hierarch Belt the day you hit 71. If you were to put effort into your job, you'd wear Evoker's Spats. If you were to put effort into your goddamn job, you wouldn't be posting here in an attempt to make a summoner's role in a party more of a joke.

It's not about pitiful shit like Tamas Ring 5 MP over Astral. It's about striving to do the best you can, and meeting your goals (your staff), not forsaking yourself to try and achieve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Hedgehog Bomb
    Yinyang Robe
    Summoner's Bracers
    Evoker's Spats
    Summoner's Pigaches
    Grandiose Chain
    Intensifying Cape
    Hierarch Belt
    Tamas Ring
    Evoker's Ring
    Magnetic Earring
    Loquacious Earring

Close, but no cigar. =)

Meh, only got two wrong.

Necessary* and quite frankly if you don't think all of them are necessary then you've never had the fun of playing with magic bursting with avatars...
    I have, actually, but so far I havent found it to be really worth doing, as some TP is required for it to work well.

also you're telling me you never use Shiva, Ramuh, Ifrit, Leviathan, ever, not even for two hours? what, are you Carby/Fenrir ONRY or something?
    For 2hours, yes, but 0 perpetuation during 2hour -3 perpetuation = still 0 perpetuation. And i've yet to see any evidence of them helping damage.

moron
    Nothing to say, didnt need that.
    and for the record, i have very few merits for having 2 jobs at 75: 3 mp 4 hp 1 int 2 avatar acc 2 avatar att (both physical). I think that's it.
    Initially, I had 3acc 2 atk for physical... but I could never come up with a measurable difference, so I docked an attack for another accuracy. (4/5 acc makes multi-hit bloodpacts work considerably more reliably.) the magical attack is small, but its direcly measureable, with nether blast. I have one pt in magical accuracy right now, but I may get rid of it, I don't know.
    Obviously, I have MP merits only, no HP, because I need more MP, not HP, as galka for this job.

It's not about pitiful shit like Tamas Ring 5 MP over Astral. It's about striving to do the best you can, and meeting your goals (your staff), not forsaking yourself to try and achieve them.
    There's only one thing i'm forsaking here, and I gave you the reason for that. And SMN have far more use than an xp party cure bitch, such as bringing good damge to the table for CoP wyrms, cerberus, and others. (through the use of BPs, not meleeing.)

Just wait til the new breed of bandwagon summoners find this thread haha

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

This is quite a intresting read, im laughing

"Look at my equip arnt i leet"

Sorry YYR isnt leet.... try again kktnx

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I hate -hp + mp gear more than anything, its such a waste.

You can always find better alternatives by sporting pure +mp gear and pure + hp gear for smn, im sporting 932/1300 hp/mp without a single piece of convert shit. (taru)

and /emo over nashira gages, ultima hasnt dropped a single fucking pair yet.

and yeah i agree in YYR, it is a macro piece, i got it because i thinkit looks better than dalmaticrap lol

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    Same here, over 8 Ultimas and all I've seen are a bunch of pants, a few hats, a few shoes, and one body. No fucking gloves. -_-;

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You can always find better alternatives by sporting pure +mp gear and pure + hp gear for smn, im sporting 932/1300 hp/mp without a single piece of convert shit. (taru)

and yeah i agree in YYR, it is a macro piece, i got it because i thinkit looks better than dalmaticrap lol
    what HP gear do you use? /curious
    I have about 900hp/1300mp, I use Bombqueen ring and Gigant mantle. That's it. (I have 8 MP merits)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, took me 3 or 4 ultimas to get mine. The AF1+1 feet were much easier to obtain, I had that within a month of limbus being introduced. lol

By the way, I thought you guys were supposed to be showing off your melee gear. I'd post my regular gear too, but its much of the same as what you guys got, other than me having nashira gages/AF1+1 feet.

As for melee gear, all I have is optical hat/walahra turban, brutal earring, lifebelt, woodsman/jaeger, carbuncle's pole. Though I think the hydra doublet/brais set would be the ultimate in melee SMN epeen. Unfortunately, the only hydra gear my dynamis LS has seen drop so far in Dynamis-Tavnazia is the Hydra Beret.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What's this thread about now? I haven't been paying attention!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

what HP gear do you use? /curious
    morukaka earring, gigant mantle, bq ring 4 hp merit. think that's it actually, steppe sash in bank if i want 1k, but havent had the need ;o

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

This thread needs more Mifaco and Rocl.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Melee smn's make rocl head esplod. So he doesn't post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega
    This thread needs more Mifaco and Rocl.
    Every thread needs them

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    This man has the answer

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    This man has the answer
    Oh noes, PARADOX.