+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Playstation 3 to launch for $999 in Australia.

What a fucking joke.

The PlayStation 3 is set to go on sale in both Australia and Europe on November 17th. Australian gamers will be paying $829AU for the budget 20GB model, and $999AU for the more expensive 60GB model.
    taken from http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=4803

Ok well to compare current prices, a nintendo DS lite sells for 180-190 AUD here, New console/PC games sell for 100 AUD usually, cheapies sell for 50, DS games usually between 50-70.

1000 dollars for a console is a joke, I do not think this is going to sell well in this market, obviously the fanboys will get it no matter the price, but I cannot justify paying 1000 for FF13, the price better get a major slashing.

According to XE.com, the current conversion rate between US and AU, makes 599US = 800AU, they've slapped on another 200 for nothing at all. I highly doubt it costs 200 to ship each console.

The price itself is mentally challenging to go to a counter and pay that much for a console, ewh.

Wiiiiii here I come.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Playstation 3 to launch for $999 in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Wiiiiii here I come.
    Yes! I sure as hell am not paying two months rent for a PS3.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Wiiiiii here I come.
    Same, I'm in college now and realize how annoying money can be to come by. I'm not shelling out 1000$ (5 months spending money for me about) for a console that honestly just doesn't seem -that- appealing right now. I also heard that games for PS3 are going to be 99$ from someplace. Who the hell has that kind of money? Not me, or the majority of the people I've ever come in contact with.

WTBZELDAPST.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

lolPS3.

Thats all that really needs to be said.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sony hasnt shot themselves in the foot, the shot the fucking thing off at the ankle

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Not only that, but just like every next-gen console launch since the N64, retailers will force you to buy a package that includes 3 games or they just won't sell it to you.

Only people buying these are those who are going to resell them on eBay 15 minutes later.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Not only that, but just like every next-gen console launch since the N64, retailers will force you to buy a package that includes 3 games or they just won't sell it to you.

Only people buying these are those who are going to resell them on eBay 15 minutes later.
    To dumbasses who will pay $2k for them.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Correction

Pretty much. You won't be buying the PS3 for $600 online at least, it'll end up costing around $1000 as Ebgames will make you buy 3 worthless launch games, two flash memory sticks, a new blu-ray dvd just to say yay blu-ray, and plastic carrying case for your ps3 even though its not going to be carried anywhere.

LAWLZ. Reggie save us.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Wiiiiii here I come.
    Same, I'm in college now and realize how annoying money can be to come by. I'm not shelling out 1000$ (5 months spending money for me about) for a console that honestly just doesn't seem -that- appealing right now. I also heard that games for PS3 are going to be 99$ from someplace. Who the hell has that kind of money? Not me, or the majority of the people I've ever come in contact with.

WTBZELDAPST.
    Yea haha. That's the boat I'm riding. Gee, do I was a PS3 or do I want to eat something better than Creamette pasta and Ragu for the next six months?

Groovebox

After hearing about the PS3 pricepoint, I'm betting Nintendo goes with something around $250-300USD. Seriously, I'm not even that impressed overall with the PS3, cept for FF13... but w/e, that game will probably come out in 2009.

I think Sony fucked themselves buy guessing Blu-Ray is gonna be king... especially since the non-ps3 stand-alone players are going to be ~$1100. Blu-Ray is going to be the next Beta, and they'll have to make a landfill in New Mexico for all the copies of Hitch that didn't sell.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think right now Nintendo is having a huge hard-on, they know theyve been beaten in the past (console wise though, GBA/SP/DS > PSP, handhelds ftw) and now seeing Sony shoot themselves, they already know theyve won this generations console wars.

Selling at a extremly lower price then Sony will, theyll sell more products at a lower price for a bigger income in the end.

Groovebox

I still think Xbox is gonna win this gen because of how easy it is to develop a 360 game... it's Windows with a different interface. I'm also eager to see how the 360 and Windows Vista work with eachother, that should be pretty hot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i felt bad for lower class.

Already preordered my PS3.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Iku

Its not the fact people can't afford it, I can, and im sure the majority of the people who read this can too. It's the fact that buying a PS3 will be a waste of money.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

Its not the fact people can't afford it, I can, and im sure the majority of the people who read this can too. It's the fact that buying a PS3 will be a waste of money.
    Iku is clearly above the lower class because he can afford an overpriced game console with virtually no appealing launch titles. But hey, remember kids, you are not buying an overpriced gaming console. You are buying an underpriced sophisticated computer blu-ray player. Just what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by PSM Interview
    :
    PSM: Can we expect PS3 games to be priced in the same range as Xbox 360 titles?

KH: Generally Speaking, over the past twelve years or so, there has been a consumer expectation that disc-based games are maybe $59 on the high end to $39 on the low end. So, what I can say now is, I think it would be a bit of a stretch to think that we could suddenly turn around and say "PS3 Games now $99.99." I don't think consumers expect software pricing to suddenly double. So, the quick answer is that we want to make it as affordable as possible, knowing that there is a set consumer expectation for what software has cost for the past twelve years. That's kind of the best answer I can give you. So, if it becomes a bit higher than $59, don't ding me, but, again, I don't expect it to be $100.
    Awesome, I can't wait for PS3. It's going to take forever to come out so in the mean time I've started burning money to simulate the same experience. Boy is it fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

How about purchasing NONE of the next-gen consoles until at least one of them has a library of games that you'd actually be interested in playing? What are you going to do with the damn thing if there aren't any good games? Play Madden and buy a few crappy launch titles just so you don't feel like you've been screwed over as badly?

If you really want to invest some cash in something's potential, put it in the stock market. At least that way you have a chance of getting more back than you put in. This goes for every console, not just PS3.

Besides, we all know we're just going to spend most of our time playing FFXI/WoW anyway.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'd bet I make more money in one month than you do in a year, still not going to buy a PS3.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    How about purchasing NONE of the next-gen consoles until at least one of them has a library of games that you'd actually be interested in playing? What are you going to do with the damn thing if there aren't any good games? Play Madden and buy a few crappy launch titles just so you don't feel like you've been screwed over as badly?

If you really want to invest some cash in something's potential, put it in the stock market. At least that way you have a chance of getting more back than you put in. This goes for every console, not just PS3.

Besides, we all know we're just going to spend most of our time playing FFXI/WoW anyway.
    Who the hell was interested in investing cash for a return in this thread? There's no money to be made in games cept maybe Ebaying launch systems.

I think we are here for the games (or lack thereof). So far the Wii has games I'm genuinely interested in (Zelda, Trauma Center and various other games). PS3 does have some games I'd like to play (Devil May Cry IV, FFXIII) but look at the point of entry between the two systems. I'll eventually end up owning all three systems but I'm putting the PS3 at deadlast until the system and games drop to a reasonable price for the amount of entertainment I will get out of it. Meanwhile, the most entertaining system I've owned in the last 5 years or so has been my DS.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen, Tower of Mirrors, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Red Steel, and Rayman Raving Rabbits, Elebits, Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam, Metal Slug Anthology, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Blitz: The League, SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab, Disney/Pixar’s Cars, and Tecmo’s Super Swing Golf Pangya just to name the ones that are already announced.

Zelda, Metroid, Monkey Ball, and Metal Slug would satisfiy me.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I thought that Zelda was going on Gamecube? Then again I haven't been keeping track since I started playing FFXI, lol >_>;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast