Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Re-obtaining a Tavnazian Ring - {Help me out!}

Apparently it's possible. Anyone have any ideas?

http://hosted.planetether.net/TavRingConv1.jpg

http://hosted.planetether.net/TavRingConv2.jpg

The boxed part near the end could possibly be a hint, or it could be some gibberish he was saying to sound adventurous like GMs always do when they greet you and stuff. I might have an idea if it weren't 4 AM and me tired as hell.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My personal feeling is that the GM is full of crap and doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

On the other hand, I guess it wouldn't hurt to visit all the CoP hotspots. Prishe's room, Despachiaire, Justinius, Cid, etc...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is that Ring given in or after a cutscene? Maybe watch that CS again?

When he said that thing about "You have found where the light was coming from" it was after a very long pause. Probably 3-4 minutes of dead silence. It makes me think he was actually looking it up in a database and figuring out how to give me a hint. I may try checking the Ebon Panel in the race-specific tower when you obtain that Light of whatever key item. He said something about "climbing the rope" and "finding the light". Where do you re-acquire the Light of Al'Taieu?

PS: The Actual Tavnazia Ring is obtained when you first enter the Grand Palace, and click the door leading to the Garden of Ru'Hmet. Clicking the door for the first time grants a Cutscene which awards the Tav Ring.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by fussel
    Is that Ring given in or after a cutscene? Maybe watch that CS again?
    I don't remember whether it was a cutscene, but you get it when checking a door in the Hu'Xzoi lobby after you finish killing the 3 sets of Aern NMs in CoP 8-1 iirc.

Check the npc warmachine thing on that island you take the manclipper to get to.

I won't say why without giving an obvious plot spoiler.. but think about it.

I have no idea if that would work.. but it makes the most sense to me.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

My personal feeling is that the GM is full of crap and doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah ok. "I am not allowed to tell you" was the exact line I got when I called a GM back in 2004 for not being able to enter Khazham. He said it was supposed to be like that but just couldn't tell me why or how. Then I called another GM who told me to do a file check. Turned out some files were corrput so I reinstalled the game and problem was solved. The GMs just don't know much about the game.

The GM is in my opinion full of crap. I feel the customer service in FFXI would have been alot better if they had just umm.. read their employees job applications?

[GM] Tydecat is a jackass. We claimed Fafnir+darters on Cerberus server one day. We had to Manafont/Astral Flow the darters, and sleep Fafnir afterwards since blms had huge AoE hate. He writes me in /tell 5 minutes after pop. . .
    [GM]Tydecat>> I WANT DAMAGE ON THAT NM NOW!
    Me>> Did you just miss the 8 darters we had to kill? {No more MP!}

Its cool that Jp ls's have like GM hotlines whenever they lose claim, but even cooler when the GM shows up without knowing anything.

I wouldn't take what this guy said seriously, from my experience he's one of the more misinformed GMs on game mechanics etc.

OK someone drop their ring and find out how to get one! Annnnnnd goez!

For the ppl that have dropped it, it sounds pretty nice that you can get it back. But it's kinda shitty that your not going to have the majority of the ppl that play helping you with this.

That boxed quote was DEFINATELY a hint. I feel he knows for sure how. Unless he's just an idiot and reading the ORIGINAL way to obtain Tavnazian Ring...then he fails. But that line is so out of place, he definately meant to give you a hint. Now wether or not it's a valid hint, who knows.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Keep in mind you're dealing with a GM team that once told someone to delete their character and start FF over, because they got stuck underneath Sea.

Im sure theres some GMs, but they can at least provide a possible hint. This hint is almost as great as "Me thirsty".

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ulmia gives it to you, and says "Cardinal Mildaurion gave us these", so you could try the palace again, or looking for Ulmia somewhere in safehold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Keep in mind you're dealing with a GM team that once told someone to delete their character and start FF over, because they got stuck underneath Sea.

Im sure theres some GMs, but they can at least provide a possible hint. This hint is almost as great as "Me thirsty".
    I hope that GM got fired- I got stuck under the water beneath the cooking guild and a GM relocated me to where I entered the zone. If you call and say your stuck, the same thing will also happen automatically if you dont move for 30 min if a GM dosent respond in that time.

If the boxed text is actually a hint from a GM who knows what to do, I'd say try checking the Ebon panel in Ru'hmet where you got your race's Light of ___ back. If that doesn't work, maybe try the corresponding one in Hu'xzoi.

You can't reget items from avatar fights the item doesnt show up on the list.
    Now that I leveled blu wish I never tossed my Ifrits blade

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Personally, I'm going to have to agree that the GM is full of shit (and not because he put "I'm not aloud" instead of "I am not allowed"). I was just thinking also, if you could re-obtain the Tavnazian Ring wouldn't it also suggest you could re-obtain the Ducal Guard Ring? Slightly less useful now we have the warp taru in Al Zahbi, being able to go re-obtain the Ducal Guard Ring every time you used up 5 charges would be pretty awesome.

As for the "Light" the GM is referring to, I'm completely clueless. At first I was thinking the Light of Al'Tieu, then I thought about Mission 8-3, where you have a Light stolen and you go through all those damn winding corridors to get it back. I don't see what either of these have to do with "Climbing the rope". But idk, it could be a start. Possibly re-check the cutscenes in this area. I know if you go do 8-3 (the pot bc) again, and click on the door without someone there who is on mission 8-3, it will ask you if you wish to check the "Luminous Convergence" again.

Or you could try checking the Ebon Panel, with a jailer weapon equipped on Darksday at 100% Full Moon while pointing North.

Good luck getting your ring back^^.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Wouldn't the phrase "You have seen where the light comes from now climb the rope" or w/e actually be referring to telling you you're on the right way? I don't think it's a riddle. It sounds to me he was saying you were on the right path. So review what you told him you were doing and go from there...

I guess.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I also agree the GM most likely didn't know what he was talking about.
    Unfortunately that happens a lot.

There was a bug on my server where a fire spirit had a green NPC name 'fenrir' and was stuck in front of hall of the gods zone, people tried to ask GMs if that was a bug or what, and they had the same type of answers ("I understand you have a question about the gods of ro'maeve?" "yes it's part of the game but we can't give hints about it").

There are a lot of items you can't get back if you drop them, like the avatar items (you see it because they are not even in the menu anymore, while ones you can, fenrir stone, are in menu). For the few things you can get back, like the AF armor, there is a specific NPC that allows you to forget and re-quest them.
    Without a special NPC, I think you're pretty much screwed.

I would try checking the cutscene again, checking the door etc, but I really doubt any would work (the way SE does those things it would offer it to you every time if it was that simple, and would just say come back when you're not full).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

GM is bullshitting you, HARD

end of story son!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast