Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All THF and /THF Dynamis?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

All THF and /THF Dynamis?

So we tried running Bastok with everyone as THF or subbing THF, with the exception of PLD/WAR.

And we got the worst drops we've ever seen.

200 coins (no 100's dropped)
    7 AF2 (3x MNK, 2x RDM, THF, PLD)

Normally Bastok nets us over 10 AF2 and 400+ Coins when we go as normal jobs.

Are there other LS that do this, and get better drops?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Just proves that thieves are useless.

Did you kill as many mobs as normal?

All you need is 1 high TH in each alliance. 15 TH1s don't stack.

Drops are calculated by alliance killing mob: number of people in alliance, and the highest level of TH in alliance -> loot calculation -> you not getting shit cause TH is a very small % increase and only affects certain items anyway...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    All you need is 1 high TH in each alliance. 15 TH1s don't stack.

Drops are calculated by alliance killing mob: number of people in alliance, and the highest level of TH in alliance -> loot calculation -> you not getting shit cause TH is a very small % increase and only affects certain items anyway...
    I think more people believe TH effects each parties drops. So spread out TH2+ one in each party. Keep other jobs as /war or /nin or whatever to enhance DD or reduce damage taken.

Recently (past 6-8 months or so) shells on my server have been of the opinion that TH isn't alliance based, but rather party based. The party that gets the kill has its TH attributes applied when calculating the drops.

And to some degree it's been proven in my Dynamis shell. Whereas a few months ago we'd have 6+ THF spread out among parties and saw very good drops, but recently we've been having some of them come as other jobs (due to attendance reasons) and the drops have been pretty bad.

But then you have to add moon phase and day and bleh...

(I expect to be debunked!)

We killed mobs quickly, but wiped a few times due to lack of Sleep.

We only had 4 BLMs, and when they're subbing THF they drop much faster than usual.

We normally just put THFs into as many parties as possible (usually the melee parties, and BLM parties) and that's worked quite well for us.

We killed all of the mobs except for the upper Alchemy Area, and repops (normally we can clear almost everything). I guess killing more mobs is better than trying to stack TH. Drops in Dynamis have always been pretty much a crapshoot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    (I expect to be debunked!)
    Actually from my experience in Wafik's dynamis shell, I'd concur.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I heard 40 blm > /thief

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I think the first theory of "party effects drops" stems from the fact that you can only receive 6 total crystals from a mob. If the entire alliance effected drops you could see up to 18 crystals drop from a single mob, but 6 is the cap. Spread the thieves out and you should see fairly decent drops. I know when tank party somehow kills more often than not the drops suck...because no TH in that pt.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Put TH in your killing parties, watch the magic happen.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

lol Fara, even with TH2+2 we net less drops than you guys on runs.
    It's ok to have a slow day every once in a while

Seconding Shue.

The most immediately recognizable impact of the TH3 in a killing PT is the increase in coin drops. In the first alliance, a THF PT getting kill usually experiences 2-4 coins per mob; a non-THF PT in the same alliance with kill shot is typically 0-2.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    I think more people believe TH effects each parties drops. So spread out TH2+ one in each party. Keep other jobs as /war or /nin or whatever to enhance DD or reduce damage taken.
    True, but when was the last time you saw a purple mob name in Dynamis? Doesn't happen, it's always red. Ever notice how you can use Trick Attack outside your alliance in Dynamis? In Beseiged everything is different. Trick Attack does not work, and mob names will be purple. Of course it means nothing, but it makes me wonder if it works differently in Dynamis, and it just picks the highest level of TH from the entire zone regardless of who kills a mob.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    That magic never happens for us. We used to build parties including 1 thief in each party in the alliance.
    Didnt make a lick of difference.... We've even had 0 AF drop days in cities with that setup.

TH is a lie

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That magic never happens for us. We used to build parties including 1 thief in each party in the alliance.
    Didnt make a lick of difference.... We've even had 0 AF drop days in cities with that setup.

TH is a lie
    Same results here. We've had TH2 in every party except the BLMs (they don't kill much except statues) since I started doing Dynamis again. I think our best night so far is 6 AF2. Whoopie doopie.

I'm rapidly losing faith in anything mattering except sheer volume of mobs killed. The drop rate is just gay no matter what you do...taking it out on more mobs is the only true solution.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Whatever manaburn is doing with their pt setups obviously works, they have done too many runs where af, coins, and 100x coins have dropped with a *much* higher frequency than is typically seen in dynamis. While it is hard to "prove" the data one way or the other, I still find it hard to argue with the sheer amount of drops they get on a weekly basis.

The prevailing theory we use in distributing our THFs is that the THF has to be in the PT that gets killshot, and that the THF needs to be on the mob's hate-list. For example, for THFs in the BLM alliance (we typically have an alliance of 2-3 PTs of BLMx4 BRD THF and a seperate caller), the THFs will /assist me or whoever is calling mobs for the BLM and kurayami or hojo the mob (to get on the hate list, but without waking it up). As for whether or not it actually works, I can't really say, but I think every LS, and Dynamis LSs in particular, have their own myths and assumptions and theories for what will improve their drop rates.

One thing I have noticed though, is that when a single mob drops 4 currency, there's a THF in the PT, on the rare occasions when they drop 5 there's a THF with at least one TH+ item, and on the extremely rare occasions that they drop 6 there's a THF with both knife and gloves. I would be interested to know if others have noticed this as well. It leads me to assume there's a distinct difference between how TH and TH2 (the job traits) actually function, and that TH+ items only enhance the first one (the Lv15 trait).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao

TH is a lie
    Same results here. We've had TH2 in every party except the BLMs (they don't kill much except statues) since I started doing Dynamis again. I think our best night so far is 6 AF2. Whoopie doopie.

I'm rapidly losing faith in anything mattering except sheer volume of mobs killed. The drop rate is just gay no matter what you do...taking it out on more mobs is the only true solution.
    Are you sure your BLMs aren't getting many killshots? In every dynamis shell I have ever been in, BLM is always one of the top kill-shot getting jobs. People didn't really seem to realize it until we had somebody record who got each kill shot on one of our Xarcbard runs. Unless you only have like 2 BLMs and no RDMs to handle sleeps, I can't imagine your BLMs not getting a lot of killshots...

Just to echo what others have said, THF in the killshot parties is where it's at. In my old dynamis shell with Wizerd we followed this belief rigidly and it amounted in us avergaing ~15 AF per run in cities. We were not a huge shell, though we were big at one time, but we got 13+ AF with only 30 people in the zone several times.

2 best ways to up your Dynamis drop rates:

1) Figure out who is getting the most kill shots and make sure you have a THF in their party

2) Kill more mobs

Other than luck, that is all you can do. Every dynamis shell I have ever been in (4 different shells in my career) has followed this plan and all of them did at least decently on AF. Wizerd's old shell (Higeki) fucking owned AF, and it was all because of great distribution of THFs and great killing power. (Cleared Bastok including all repops with nearly an hour left on the glass)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast