Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Way to empty out the Aery     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wish I still had it but there used to be a video of a JP HNMLS killing fafnir with 6 (post frenzy patch). They had other people in the pit, but supposedly the fight was done with: Bard/nin, Bard/nin, Rdm/whm, Smn/whm, Smn/whm, Smn/whm and no help from their other members. Supposedly the fight took 40 minutes.

The strategy was:

Bard/nin's tank, one uses Marchx2 the other uses Ballad x2.

Rdm/whm heals as needed & refreshes himself + the summoners. When he could he also hasted the bards.

Smn/Whms stagger blood pacts by 20 seconds using earthen ward if Faf winged in the previous 20 seconds, otherwise using either Nether blast, spinning dive, or P. Claws (persumably depending on what each one had merited).

They never slept Fafnir (nor do I see how they could have) but took very little damage due to blink tanking & always having an earthen ward ready.

I has also been reported that a beastmaster can solo Adimantoise before it frenzies. But both NQ behemoth and Turtle can be done with 3 if not fewer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Make Fafhogg do Spike Flail upon popping.

Not that this is a fix to camping the Aery, but it'd be cool as hell.
    The more I think about this, the more I like the concept. Problem is that even Nidhogg flail can be blinked, no? Then claimers (read: botters) only need Utsusemi and some claim ability while the rest of the alliance waits at the entrance.

Fafhogg would need to be given a spawn-time-only ability that insta-kills everyone in claim range through blink. That way your LS just plants a SAC member in the pit and rushes in when the SAC's HP drops to 0. Only SAC that could possibly survive is someone with the appropriate Shadow item. Although, the bum-rush of 200 people running into the pit would be insane. Guess it comes down to what you hate more... botters or a fair chance at claim in beseiged lag.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

just change kings to a 1-2 hour pop period (after it dies, next can spawn in 1-2 hours), HQ spawn once every 21-24 hours within that time. A little bit of coding could make it happen (i'd assume, but i'm prepared to eat the flames for this idea if i'm wrong >.>).

21-24 hours, and the more retarded 3-7 days (or the super gundam retarded 24 hours if the normal NM isn't killed >.>) are archaic and although they may have been sensible when end game was JP only, it doesn't work well for typical NA end gamers.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tordall
    Wish I still had it but there used to be a video of a JP HNMLS killing fafnir with 6 (post frenzy patch). They had other people in the pit, but supposedly the fight was done with: Bard/nin, Bard/nin, Rdm/whm, Smn/whm, Smn/whm, Smn/whm and no help from their other members. Supposedly the fight took 40 minutes.

The strategy was:

Bard/nin's tank, one uses Marchx2 the other uses Ballad x2.

Rdm/whm heals as needed & refreshes himself + the summoners. When he could he also hasted the bards.

Smn/Whms stagger blood pacts by 20 seconds using earthen ward if Faf winged in the previous 20 seconds, otherwise using either Nether blast, spinning dive, or P. Claws (persumably depending on what each one had merited).

They never slept Fafnir (nor do I see how they could have) but took very little damage due to blink tanking & always having an earthen ward ready.

I has also been reported that a beastmaster can solo Adimantoise before it frenzies. But both NQ behemoth and Turtle can be done with 3 if not fewer.
    You still can kill Fafnir with a 6man crew. Just need people who know what to do, and most importantly, not have to worry about asswipes trying to run spiders through Fafnir.

They should just make them harder.. The botting and such doesn't bother me as much as the best gear in the game being droped by the easiest NMs in the game which consequently means shitty linkshells getting good items.

I think all NMs should gain one level each time they are killed.. maybe loose two level if they go SSJ. That would keep a balance I think.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tordall
    Me (BLM) a RDM and WAR did behemoth post-frenzy patch. Easy shit. Got 2 behemoth hides too ;o

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Clear out the Aery? No prob. Stick me in it after I eat some Taco Bell. Guranfuckintee you that mofo will be empty. Hell, even the darters, marlboro's, and tarantulas would leave. Of course I also think that would prevent Fafhogg from spawning too, because even his big ass won't be able to stand that funk. It's like Bioga IX on darksday with double dark weather bonus.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    Clear out the Aery? No prob. Stick me in it after I eat some Taco Bell. Guranfuckintee you that mofo will be empty. Hell, even the darters, marlboro's, and tarantulas would leave. Of course I also think that would prevent Fafhogg from spawning too, because even his big ass won't be able to stand that funk. It's like Bioga IX on darksday with double dark weather bonus.
    Really lame, but so lame that I did actually lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

FI KILLED ASPID WITH 8 PEOPLE RUSSTA

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Make Fafhogg do Spike Flail upon popping.

Not that this is a fix to camping the Aery, but it'd be cool as hell.

that'd be so awesome, make fafhogg pop like it does in that real old school ff11 trailer, breath fire as he descends into the aery to kill a bunch, and flail as he lands to kill whoever's still alive XD

fafhogg: get out of my house bitches!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    FI isn't human though.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    FI isn't human though.
    FI running to claim:

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/meteoro1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    FI isn't human though.
    Aspid is a joke too though. The only thing that makes aspid a little bit harder is the aggroing mobs in the area. But then all you have to do is pull it to the side.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by deakka
    just change kings to a 1-2 hour pop period (after it dies, next can spawn in 1-2 hours), HQ spawn once every 21-24 hours within that time. A little bit of coding could make it happen (i'd assume, but i'm prepared to eat the flames for this idea if i'm wrong >.>).

21-24 hours, and the more retarded 3-7 days (or the super gundam retarded 24 hours if the normal NM isn't killed >.>) are archaic and although they may have been sensible when end game was JP only, it doesn't work well for typical NA end gamers.
    <3 this idea actually. But I think they'd end up rearranging the drops. I don't think they would want a ridil dropping off a mob that pops every two hours. So they'd probably stick him on Niddy instead ;;

I just wish they'd turn them into bcnm fights. Where you had to spend like 99 bc seals or ks seals or something, anything. There are too many people at this point at 75 trying to go for the same items. And it's really unlucky how hard it is toget achance at them.

But I doub SE wll do anything so meh! it's off to campin' go!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nerf everything, instead of just quitting your LS that camps fafnir everyday because you're unhappy doing it. Really good hard to obtain items make games suck lol. We should all be wearing the same equipment, and remember that any exp pt trend that becomes popular should be nerfed immediately because I want it to. I'm also fucking retarded like Mifaco.

Eh? I actually like the 3-7 day respawn on Tiamat. The randomness of it is nice and really can't be botted. Racing to an HNM that's already up is always better than dealing with R2500.

Banned.

BG Level

SE should add more HNM pops in ToAU, move people from Zilart. 8)

Just make Ridill drop off of darters.

Wouldn't decrowd aery, but it would be funny to see 100+ people camp aery at any given time rather than only during Fafhogg spawn hours.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Have fafnir spawn under rain weather...

make aery have a person limit...omg thats actually good

only 20 ppl allowed @ Aery during faf/nidg window