+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Eats     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Good Eats

As much win as this show is full of, anyone know if the DVD's are worth buying?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I love his show, but I would never buy something I already pay for (cable TV).

His book (the first one, anyway) is quite good and contains just about everything from the first 3-4 seasons of the show.

As far as I can tell, the DVD's only 'extras' are him reading and answering fanmail.

Groovebox

I don't know much about the DVDs, but I have a friend who is into culinary stuff, and he has Alton Brown's kitchen book. It's like how to use stuff in the Kitchen, and it's really interesting. He says it's all you need.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I love that show. Anyone else find it funny how he has a tech-savvy assistant that gives him kitchen appliances who is Japanese and her name on the show is "W"?

I crack up everytime they use her in an episode.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    I love that show. Anyone else find it funny how he has a tech-savvy assistant that gives him kitchen appliances who is Japanese and her name on the show is "W"?

I crack up everytime they use her in an episode.
    Yep and Alton Brown is win. I hardly ever catch it any more but Good Eats is a great cooking show.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah it's rare for me to catch an episode. They give WAY too many shows to Rachael-fucking-Ray.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Rachel flaps her arms around alot when she's cooking, however her 30 minute meals is actually a REALLY great show, and all the food I've ever cooked from episodes usually come out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllllllly delicious. Gotta give the chick credit where it's due. I also like her alot because she as a chef is believable, unlike that pretty skinny chick who does the Italian food. I don't believe in people that skinny cooking food and eating the way she does.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Rachel flaps her arms around alot when she's cooking, however her 30 minute meals is actually a REALLY great show, and all the food I've ever cooked from episodes usually come out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllllllly delicious. Gotta give the chick credit where it's due. I also like her alot because she as a chef is believable, unlike that pretty skinny chick who does the Italian food. I don't believe in people that skinny cooking food and eating the way she does.
    I have to agree, alot of people give Rachel alot of crap, but her 30 Minute Meals show is pretty good. She seems a bit hyper sometimes, and a little silly, but I'm that way too so I guess it doesn't bother me much.

You're talking about Giada De'laurentiis from Everyday Italian., and yeah she's a stick. But I love her show as well, her food is good, but then again maybe i'm biased cause I'm Italian? I even have her cookbook. Heh. My brother and friends watch her show just to stare at her, and I have to admit she is gorgeous.

Good Eats is still my favorite though, nothing beats a Chemistry Major teaching people how to cook. Thats problably what I like best about his show, because its entertaining and half the time you're sitting there like. "Holy shit... " I was really considering getting his DVDs, but I haven't made up my mind yet, although I love the show, its so hard to catch.

Groovebox

Actually, Alton Brown is a trained actor and studied drama, he also directed a couple of REM videos >.>

Anyways, the lady on Everyday Italian is super hot. Food network owns because they have such awesome talent on the shows, like every show is watchable even if you aren't into culinary arts.

Iron Chef > World Cup Soccer :O

rachel ray > giada

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

giada is hot, and her food looks reallygood, but she's too skinny to be on a cooking show.

Rachel Ray is the only thing i ever saw on her show that i wanted to eat

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Axil
    QFT

Alton Brown > the rest of the Food Network people.
    He knows his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    EVOO extra virgin olive oil kekeke

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

alton brown is the food network.

God I hate Emeril.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Iront Chief, Paula's Home Cooking, Rachael Ray, Good Eats, Everyday Italian.

All good

Edit: Rachel drops shit on the counter and puts it back in the pot. Anyone else notice the huge mess she makes?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Axil
    OMFG LOL

And, to whoever said she makes a mess. I bet you do too when you're cooking! -- Iron Chef OWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS sooooo much, and the show where they have to make the candy sculptures is amazing.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I googled Rachel Ray and it gave me this:

http://people.smu.edu/daenan/COOL.jpg