+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon MMO     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Pokémon MMO

You're probably thinking to yourself, holy shit Pokémon MMO? Sign me up!. And yes, in fact, I am about ti bring you a Pokémon MMO. Recently someone on these boards mentioned how awesome a Pokémon MMO would be, and I totally agreed. A week or so ago, my friend read an article on MLGpro.com and found out about a site called smogon.com. This site is a community for Pokémon strategy and discussion, as well as it's most popular feature: NetBattle.

The idea is simple, create a team of up to 6 pokemon (other options are available such as 3v3, challenge cup, 2v2, etc.) and battle an opponent. I have to admit, it would be a million times better if you could walk around and such, but you can't it's just for straight up battling other people.

My name on it is Maguspk32, and I will be on in the main server "Smogon NetBattle", or something to that effect. If you wanna play me, download NetBattle here and install it.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They used to have that shit in IRC like 5 years ago when I actually cared about Pokemon. I guess it's more advanced having all that stuff... but still, I think if there were to be a Pokemon MMO, the walking around and training your own party to then battle others would be more fun than just making a powerhouse team out of nothing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    They used to have that shit in IRC like 5 years ago when I actually cared about Pokemon. I guess it's more advanced having all that stuff... but still, I think if there were to be a Pokemon MMO, the walking around and training your own party to then battle others would be more fun than just making a powerhouse team out of nothing.
    I concur. I want to roam the world looking for ________, and shock my opponent in battle when I whip that bad boy out as they sense their impending doom.

That shit gets old quick when you already have all the good ones.

Already played netbattle, kinda boring

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Who's up for making a Pokemon MMO. I'm sure it's possible to have some sort of emulator based rom that you can go online with. I know my emulator has an online function. Let's do it!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

with the pokey and the man and thing where the guys come out and he's all aughughughg

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    with the pokey and the man and thing where the guys come out and he's all aughughughg
    ZIP ZOP ZOOPITY ZOP

<3 Rocl

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Netbattle is not an MMO. Netbattle is a bunch of retards that either have all ubers or have incredibly cheap movesets. I used to play but only with rl friends.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Netbattle is not an MMO. Netbattle is a bunch of retards that either have all ubers or have incredibly cheap movesets. I used to play but only with rl friends.
    /ubers off

Then it's fun. And you can't really say a moveset is cheap because you can counter alot of those cheap strategies, if not all of them, with a well planned party. I guess it's not an MMO, but it is an MO ;p.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    /ubers off

Then it's fun. And you can't really say a moveset is cheap because you can counter alot of those cheap strategies, if not all of them, with a well planned party. I guess it's not an MMO, but it is an MO ;p.
    Well alot of the random people I fought were complete assholes, either elitist or n00bs.

Sharkbattle with friends is FUN AS HELL though.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoshen
    ZIP ZOP ZOOPITY ZOP

<3 Rocl
    oh how i miss you shaoshen; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoshen
    ZIP ZOP ZOOPITY ZOP

<3 Rocl
    oh how i miss you shaoshen; ;
    ; ; I might come back if a copy of ToAU randomly lands at my door and Shaoshen is somehow moved over to Bahamut.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Well at least I'll bug you on AIM or something

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Time from thread creation to first Bill Cosby-related post: 3h9m. You people can do better.

Umm, to make this on-topic, I think a Pokemon MMO would be a bad idea. Dealing with a bunch of other people running around screaming HWERE DOES PIKACHUS SPAWN @??? does not sound like my idea of a good time.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Wow totally didn't know about this. When does it come to US... WiFi battling, that sounds hawt.

the new chick from pokemon diamond/pearl is fucking hott

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Holy poop is this real time graphics of the Wii ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iHVUCkePdQ

From what I can understand of the JP dude speaking, they're gonna have the DS and Wii connect together using Wifi, and you can control the pokemon with the Wii, using the pokemon from your card.

Oh em gee at the graphics, Im having trouble beleiving that they're realtime... could they be? Or does that look more like a technical demo?

Here's to hoping that's the real graphics. Looks to me like it's Pokemon Stadium 3.

Possibly a tech demo, although it could be real time, as the Pokemon don't actually move around alot themselves and there isn't much nice animations... I dunno, didn't Pokemon before have kind of a "Send and Recieve" type of battle system?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Possibly a tech demo, although it could be real time, as the Pokemon don't actually move around alot themselves and there isn't much nice animations... I dunno, didn't Pokemon before have kind of a "Send and Recieve" type of battle system?
    Well it still uses the same send and receive style, except when you have 2 pokemon you chose 2 moves, and then take turns, cycle through attacks before you get to chose again (I hated 2v2).

That video looks exactly same, style wise, that pokemon stadium 1 and 2 had, except pokemon did their taunts for a bit first and it showed the other opponents pokemon taunting.