+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 24 and I: A closer look.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

24 and I: A closer look.

I have been converted. Untill 3rd Season of Lost comes about, 24 keeps me company like a good friend.

Can't even compare both shows. I enjoy them both equally.

24 is the greatest show ever.

My friend convinced me to watch a few months ago but insisted that I start with season 1 so I could get the entire story. So I downloaded all the seasons and watched all of them in order. Some days I would go on 12+ episode marathons, it's hard to stop...

In my personal opinion, the seasons ordered from best to worst are 4, 1, 2, 5, 3. They are all great though. I just finished the last season about a week ago and I'm already going through withdrawls, I must know what happens, but I can't until January I'm used to being able to pop in the next episode right away so this is crappy.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my love for 24.

Another good show that is nothing like 24, but totally way cool, is Entourage, and I'm about to start working on Lost as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I fumbled the order in which I started watching the show, by renting Season 4 first, because of how the store had them ordered on shelves and than began watching Season 2 and midway thru it realized I got ahead of myself in storyline...

I agree with you that Season 4 was really one of the good ones, the constant roller coaster and cliffhangers... man...

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    24 is the greatest show ever.

My friend convinced me to watch a few months ago but insisted that I start with season 1 so I could get the entire story. So I downloaded all the seasons and watched all of them in order. Some days I would go on 12+ episode marathons, it's hard to stop...

In my personal opinion, the seasons ordered from best to worst are 4, 1, 2, 5, 3. They are all great though. I just finished the last season about a week ago and I'm already going through withdrawls, I must know what happens, but I can't until January I'm used to being able to pop in the next episode right away so this is crappy.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my love for 24.
    That's like... my life story. Almaa is hot.

Season in order from best to worst: 2>1>5>3>4

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I agree with you that Season 4 was really one of the good ones, the constant roller coaster and cliffhangers... man...
    ahhh I loved season 4, I watched the entire thing in 2 days, my life was basically on hold because it was impossible to stop myself, I only left my room for bathroom breaks and maybe some food

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Hell no.

3 > 2 > 5 > 1 > 4

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol I just realized the most obvious and ironic thing that was right infront of my nose.

I work for a Limo company and it's business title abbreviation is C24.

El Oh El

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://why24sucks.blogspot.com/

That guy should probably just stop watching 24.

The guy is the only one watching the show with half a brain.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

3's ending left a little to be desired. I don't remember #1 or #2 very well outside of the major plot points. I also thought it was lame that they brought nina meyers back a 2nd time.

Honestly the first thing I thought when they said "theres a 2nd buyer" was "who could it be? *24 plot-twist thinking cap on* Nina Meyers of course". The only thing I got wrong was thinking that the president would get assasinated at some point in the season.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    The guy is the only one watching the show with half a brain.
    qft

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    3's ending left a little to be desired. I don't remember #1 or #2 very well outside of the major plot points. I also thought it was lame that they brought nina meyers back a 2nd time.

Honestly the first thing I thought when they said "theres a 2nd buyer" was "who could it be? *24 plot-twist thinking cap on* Nina Meyers of course". The only thing I got wrong was thinking that the president would get assasinated at some point in the season.
    Season 3 is where the whole series took a new direction. Seasons 1 and 2 were focused on a "family" of characters that everyone grew up to know and love/hate. In Season 3 there were 83974839427 new characters in every episode, and it kind of feel like the show was getting lost, but after we established a few things, it got better. When I first watched Season 3, I was so confused at what the hell was going on, but I later learned to better understand what happened between Seasons 2 and 3 (Jack's stint in Mexico/Chase coming to CTU/Jack leaving his jacket at Kate Warner's house) if you play the 24 video game. It's based around what happened in that space of time.

But yeah, the Nina Meyers as the second buyer thing was soooo stupid. They way overplayed her role after Season 2. I can't think of a time where I was happier while watching a TV show when Jack put three bullets into her (it's a shame though... she was really fucking hot [Did you know she's married to George Mason irl? Roflz.]).

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I disagree, Season 3 introduced a lot of inter-character relationships that were stressed with predicaments, noteably Michelle and Tony's dilemma. There was also(thought albiet lame) Chase and Kim's predicament, the whole Sherry incident with David, and David's relationship with Anne.

Season 4 and 5 have been pretty much linear, with not much deviation from the main story. Side stories were always intergrated into the main disaster of the day. 1 and 2 were the same but to a lesser degree. There was more character development in 2 and 3 than any of the other series. But Season 3 really shined to me because it had many different character relationships being stressed and tried, most of which had little to do with the disaster of the day. It had no cliffhanger ending like the other seasons, but that was welcome IMO, as the archetype was getting overused.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I watch 24 to be entertained, not to analyze and critique every second of it.

24 is indeed entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie
    I watch 24 to be entertained, not to analyze and critique every second of it.

24 is indeed entertaining.
    QFT.

Season 1 was the best. Simple story, but really awesome.
    Season 2 was awesome.
    Season 3 was ok.
    Season 4 was really lame. Just tried to make things fast with alot of action, but in the end, didnt make sense at all. The whole "new President" and the story didnt make sense. Lame -_-.
    Season 5 is fine, even though the end is... confusing... Im still waiting for Season 6 (7, 8 and the movie)

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    It had no cliffhanger ending like the other seasons, but that was welcome IMO, as the archetype was getting overused.
    I think that was because they were up at the end of their contract, and Seasons 4/5 were a different signing all together, so they didn't know whether they'd be around to make a 4th season and continue that cliffhanger. If the show got axed, it would have a place to end at (with a lot left for the imagination to close up).

As for Sherry being called back the Season she SPOILERdiedSPOILER (4?), that was almost as stupid as bring Nina back into the whole deal in Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Season 5 is fine, even though the end is... confusing...
    How is it confusing? Remember when Jack kidnapped the guy from the Chinese Ambassy and one of the guards killed their Consul? And they swore to arrest Jack and punish him or whatever? Well that was put on hold for a Season, but now the Chinese are going through with their promise.

LOL @ Kim supposedly phoning a random warehouse in the middle of nowhere, where Jack just happened to be. =\ He solves the hardest puzzles, but falls for the stupidest tricks.

Also, guess what plot twister they're bringing back around again? A mole! The guy who told Jack that Kim was on the phone is obviously working for the Chinese. =\ The last time they tried to pull the whole Mole thing, they realized their fault and turned it around with him being an undercover mole! Sneakyyy~~~~