Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BLU in central limbus     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level

BLU in central limbus

anyone tried BLU on omega/ultima yet? does stun land often? other spells damage?

i imagine BLU stun will make blm job easier, if not he can still alternate between physical and magical spells on the two forms of omega or when ultima puts up shields

wondering if i should have a blm go as BLU instead for our omega later tonight

Well, in KS99 Horlais Peak, BLU was able to Stun meteor, so perhaps could prove quite useful(for everything except Buster, of course)

E. Body
    BG Level

I tried BLU for Ultima, stun landed often but not at a high percentage, more than enough for me to spam it. If you want to do damage you're forced to sub THF for cannonball/death scissors etc, the multi hit moves won't do shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo
    Well, in KS99 Horlais Peak, BLU was able to Stun meteor, so perhaps could prove quite useful(for everything except Buster, of course)
    i've heard rumors to the effect that SA+Headbutt would stun normally unstunnable mobs...is this true? or was this done without SA?

was BLU/NIN, so im guessing you don't need it, but it's always better safe than sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo
    i've heard rumors to the effect that SA+Headbutt would stun normally unstunnable mobs...is this true? or was this done without SA?
    Most mobs which are unstunnable are due to elemental properties. (Earth based mob like Aspid, Thunder type mob like KB.) Whereas Headbutt and most BLU spells are a physical stun, where they can work anywhere. So basically it really opens up what can be stunned and what cant. It's basically like having access to Flat Blade whenever you want it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

My friend BTB has used Blue Mage on every Ultima since he got it to 75. I'll point him at this thread but it does seem pretty good.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know this may seem much smaller, but it's the same principle: Diabolos CoP fight, went back and did it for a friend, and we brought a BLU along. DRK now has reason to get even more emo since something else has a stun on a 10 second timer. =D Gold... or well, BLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    I know this may seem much smaller, but it's the same principle: Diabolos CoP fight, went back and did it for a friend, and we brought a BLU along. DRK now has reason to get even more emo since something else has a stun on a 10 second timer. =D Gold... or well, BLU.
    BLU will never replace reliable stunners. 90% success rate isn't so great an unlucky 10%. And this is coming from a BLU.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    BLU will never replace reliable stunners. 90% success rate isn't so great an unlucky 10%. And this is coming from a BLU.
    lolsabotage

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How long is DRK Stun recast, assuming no haste gear? 30 seconds or something?

BLU casting Head Butt three times in the span it takes for DRK stun to recast will have a damn good chance of landing. Neener.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

45 seconds.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

BLU casting Head Butt three times in the span it takes for DRK stun to recast will have a damn good chance of landing. Neener.
    or u could do what this guy did.
    http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=po ... 3c#2429810

BLU casting Head Butt three times in the span it takes for DRK stun to recast will have a damn good chance of landing.
    You don't get 3 chances in the cast time of one enemy spell/weapon skill, only 1, and it has to count.

Little Mother
    BG Level

DRK Stun with no Haste - 45 Seconds

BLU Headbutt with no Haste - 6 Seconds

Banned.

BG Level

Wow... have you ever been in a stun order before? Ever seen one? It doesn't matter how long the recast time is, DRK stun > BLU stun all situations that magical stun work. LOL THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO MAKE FUN OF DRK.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Wow... have you ever been in a stun order before? Ever seen one? It doesn't matter how long the recast time is, DRK stun > BLU stun all situations that magical stun work. LOL THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO MAKE FUN OF DRK.
    LOL OMG WHERE DID I PUT IN MY POST THAT I WAS MAKING FUN OF DRKS LOL.

Calm the fuck down, motherfucker. I'm just posting the times, because he asked what the DRK stun time was, and since he's not a BLU, I put the BLU stun times down there as well. Now go sit in the corner with your lolblackmagic and lolscythe and cry and slit your wrists while the PUP takes your invite you gimpy son of a bitch.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey BRP, this is some guy's sig on KI:

http://fubes2000.savagenoodle.com/ffxi/random3.gif

A. Body
    BG Level

before the thread gets derailed too far, here's result from omega tonight...

couldn't tell if stun landed because blms kept stun rotation and head butts landed after stun...... and then he died not too long into the fight because his deathscissers were doing 500~600s and 900ish on SATA lol

Stun won't land through mana barrier, headbutt I think will. It lands through demon eye's magic shield and pot's magic barrier. When I went BLU in limbus I never had a Headbutt or Tailslap (part of Store TP ability so pretty common to have it memorized) resisted on normal mobs, but I think generally their level is pretty low because on RDM I rarely if ever have nukes resisted and RDM elemental skill is shit.

Anyway, Headbutt/Tailslap aren't the only stuns BLU get. Jettaru and Temporal Shift seem to have very high land rate, and I can't recall ever seeing Blitzstrahl resisted, although I rarely use it for a few obvious reasons.