Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

Thread: Goblin Drink     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Goblin Drink

I am somewhat skeptical of Goblin Drink being the pop item for Goblin Wolfman. Some of these reasons have been discussed but my primary reason is that it doesn't seem to fit with the other NM's that are forced popped that came in the June-August 2005 update.

A list of the Pop items used to pop NM's from this update.

Found (from ???):
    Shield Bug

Dropped:
    Air Tank
    Clustered tar
    Fomor Codex
    Fresh Blood

Crafted:
    Slice of Carp

Items:
    San d'Orian carrot
    Distilled water
    Sleepshroom
    Danceshroom
    Woozyshroom
    Honey
    Pamamas

Crafted (requiring significant skill):
    Antlion Trap
    Shrimp Lantern
    Adamantoise Soup
    Premium Bag

For the regular NM's it's important to not that either the pop item is unique to this CoP update, or its a simple item that is easy to obtain -- including the slice of carp.

For the NM's that require specially crafted pop items, they require significant crafting skills and some effort is required to obtain the ingredients. When these items are used, they generate a special message signifying that the NM has popped. The following are taken out of the dialogue files for their corresponding zone. The regular NM's do not have this kind of dialogue.

PREMIUM BAG
    DialogTableEntry 00309 You gently place the ≺Marker: 7F8101≻≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Item
    Parameter 0≻ on the ground.
    Suddenly, you hear the clanging sound of armor approaching.
    It looks like someone is interested in the ≺Marker: 7F8101≻≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Item Parameter
    0≻...≺Marker: 7F3100≻

SHRIMP LANTERN
    DialogTableEntry 00628 The ≺Marker: 7F8101≻≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Item Parameter 0≻
    begins skimming quietly across the surface of the water.
    ...What's this!?
    An enormous creature is chasing after it from below!!!≺Marker: 7F3100≻

ANTLION TRAP
    DialogTableEntry 00294 You set the ≺Marker: 7F8101≻≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Item
    Parameter 0≻. The acidic smell of antlion wafts through the air.
    Suddenly, a sharp clang rings through the air! You have caught something!≺Marker: 7F3100≻

ADAMANTOISE SOUP
    DialogTableEntry 00792 You set ≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Marker: 7F8103≻≺Item Parameter 0≻
    on the ground. The smell becomes almost unbearable.
    Suddenly, a huge creature approaches and starts sniffing around!≺Marker: 7F3100≻

There is no dialogue for Goblin Wolfman which follows this pattern. The dialogue is in line with a simple forced pop. We should expect that the item is a simple and mundane item which simply hasn't been considered yet.

It has been mentioned that time parameters may or may not be significant. Other forced pop NM's which are time sensitive indicate that they are time sensitive by some means or another. It is possible that the NM is time sensitive and the scrawled writing is always visible.

The fact he is called Goblin Wolfman may suggest he may follow the pattern of a werewolf. The other Goblins, Moblins, and Bugbears in the zone have titles that follow this "man" tradition but don't seem to indicate their job. The .dat file for the mobs in the zone do not indicate he has a pet so we can be sure he isn't a BST, DRG, or SMN (Pre-ToAU so definately not PUP). Perhaps everyone should make an effort to retry items during a full moon to ensure that this possibility is eliminated or confirmed.

Lately I have been working with ideas which might go with the "Scrawled Writing" or "Me Thirsty" clues. Why is he thirsty? Is it because he can't drink? Is it because he has no access to drink? Is it because he ate salty food? What might help him drink? Maybe he wants to be thirsty. Perhaps its a clue he will come out when he is given a reason to be thirsty. Perhaps giving him something to make him thirsty will make him angry enough to show up. Whatever it is I believe it needs to be a simple item that anyone has reasonable access too. Perhaps he wants a bretzel (I haven't tried that one yet but is bought cheaply from NPCs in 2nd+ place Bastok).

EDIT1: I actually intended for this to be placed in the Parade Gorget: Revisited thread. I was tired and clicked new topic instead of post reply.

EDIT2: I posted a copy of this where I meant to put it. Please lock.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Why make a new topic?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

lol oh boy, here we go again.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kareface
    Why make a new topic?
    Terrible mistake. meant to click "post reply".

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

bretzels are the new ebon panels?

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod
    I dunno why, but I lol'ed really hard at that. You should trademark that, bretzels are gonna be huge.

P.S. Ive never even heard of Bretzels till this thread.

Nah bretzels are mentioned in the OP of the "Required reading" thread as being unsuccesful pop items.

Post in the Wolfman thread, have Kuno lock this one.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

These bretzels are making me thirsty~!

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...The_Kramer.jpg
    Edited for hilarity.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ibtl

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod
    oh dear god lol.. i just lol'd very hard irl.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

how come you wanted to post reply and your thread has a title, named goblin drink >.>. It woudnt let you post a new topic without a title, so it would notice you, and if your not that stupid you shoudl've seen that u were making a new thread. kthanks, going on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    Edited for hilarity.
    best show, e v e r

Quote Originally Posted by darkdeath
    how come you wanted to post reply and your thread has a title, named goblin drink >.>. It woudnt let you post a new topic without a title, so it would notice you, and if your not that stupid you shoudl've seen that u were making a new thread. kthanks, going on.
    Umm some forums let you title your replies, in addition to your topics. Also, wow at the irony in this guy pointing out the flaws in someones post. Where should I even start with yours?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdeath
    Umm some forums let you title your replies, in addition to your topics. Also, wow at the irony in this guy pointing out the flaws in someones post. Where should I even start with yours?
    Be careful, his uncle is gonna instantly pass away and he'll have to go afk for his funeral, only to log back on in 15 minutes.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    Edited for hilarity.
    Every future posts of lordwafik's will now being spoken by Kramer...at least in my head Oo