Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid Candescence BC     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Stupid Candescence BC

Um, have any of you actually done the one for the Mamool? I've been sitting in the special section killing Mamool Ja (all types) for the last 3 hours, and still don't have anything except Red Bell. I'm looking for the Blue Bell.

Anyone know how to get it?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I havn't done mamool, but for the bc for the undead swarm, lamia drop "lamia homonculous" and merrows drop "merrow homonculous."

so there are some red mamools and some blue mamools. Red ones drop red ball, blue ones drop blue ball.

Again, i havn't done it, this is just speculation. If you've been killing red and blue mamools, then maybe you're just unlucky with the drop rate.

Or maybe its something i'm missing altogether.

Blue bell dropped off a NIN type, after a few hours. Which is red.

So I don't know. I don't know anything.

All I know is these mobs suck and when you do this with four people it's fucking hilarious. I'm zombie-ing this shit with Bio2 + Reraise. We got the BLM to 87%, the NIN to like 93%, and the THF to 945.

GG SE, I love you. At least the way down to the BC was fun.

edit:

I don't think I properly expressed my hatred for how horrible this BC is. It's like smashing your head into a brick wall, more so than when you're leveling Dragoon.

At any rate, the Mamool in this BC are completely resistant to:
    Bind
    Gravity
    Sleep
    Poison
    Paralyze
    Slow
    Blind
    Attempts to kill them
    Death
    Insults
    Flames
    and ridiculously resistance with ridiculous magic defense to elemental magic! Seeing a 25 damage Blizzard III certainly made my day.

And another note:
    Don't try to pull one mob away from the others via a sac pull. Because they'll go docile for a moment, then come right back to the one being fought.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

If the BLM(Boss) dies and the other mobs arent dead when you are kicked out, it will reappear when you come back in with 33% health.

By the way, you can farm the bells off the true sight mobs just outside the BC and the drop is completely random.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Blue bell dropped off a NIN type, after a few hours. Which is red.
    well, i did say i was just speculating, based off the undead BC. it is strange.

So I don't know. I don't know anything.

All I know is these mobs suck and when you do this with four people it's fucking hilarious. I'm zombie-ing this shit with Bio2 + Reraise. We got the BLM to 87%, the NIN to like 93%, and the THF to 945.

GG SE, I love you. At least the way down to the BC was fun.

edit:

I don't think I properly expressed my hatred for how horrible this BC is. It's like smashing your head into a brick wall, more so than when you're leveling Dragoon.

At any rate, the Mamool in this BC are completely resistant to:
    Bind
    Gravity
    Sleep
    Poison
    Paralyze
    Slow
    Blind
    Attempts to kill them
    Death
    Insults
    Flames
    and ridiculously resistance with ridiculous magic defense to elemental magic! Seeing a 25 damage Blizzard III certainly made my day.

And another note:
    Don't try to pull one mob away from the others via a sac pull. Because they'll go docile for a moment, then come right back to the one being fought.
    I mentioned in another thread that i *suspect* the strength of these mobs is based on what level they are when they take the astral dealio. For example, when we rescued it from the undead, they were level 5 "defending" Can there be a level 1 "defending" and it be an easier BC? I don't know the answer to that myself.

I did the bc as mnk/nin, not rdm, so i don't know how resistant the undead bc mobs were to enfeebles, i wasn't paying attention. we did start off with es+ sleep, which slept two of the three. It didn't sleep the "boss" and nothing slept at all without ES.

I do know that it was indeed a ferociously difficult BC, it took is 4 attempts to finally hone our strategy enough to pull off the win.

What abilities did the mamools have?

Vobent

In bhaflau thickets meritPTs arn't NIN mobs blue?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Kill the Mirrors first, SE said they would effect beastman strength if they captured the candysense.

My PT won this BC last week when Pandemonium lost the AC again. We indeed got a blue bell from a red mamool, and a red bell from a blue mamool. The blue bell dropped from a NIN, I can't remember which job the red one dropped from.

We farmed the DC-EM ones until we got both bells, and we ended up with 5 tanscale keys in the process, which turned out to be good because we needed 3 or 4 of those for the next part.

When we got there there was a group that had just lost the BC, and they went out to the area just outside the BC waiting room and farmed the VT Mamools presumably to get new bells, so it's not like if you lose you have to go all the way through again, from what I can tell.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

well, i did say i was just speculating, based off the undead BC. it is strange.
    I thought the same thing too (I did this with Vardis). We only managed to find a blue bell off a red/brown/whatever mamool ja because we aggroed it by accident.

Kill the Mirrors first, SE said they would effect beastman strength if they captured the candysense.
    The whole mirror thing is weird. I'm fairly sure that there were no mirrors when we did it (I posted a topic a few days back that died a quick death), but it was still freaking hard. Moreover, I've never seen anyone mention any difference in beastmen strength whether there are zero or three mirrors in the zones. Maybe it's a very subtle difference.

What abilities did the mamools have?
    There's a THF, NIN and BLM (boss). THF and NIN have normal abilities - triple attack, ninjutsu, etc. BLM not only has ga3s and other spells, but a WS called Groundburst that deals something like 400-900 AoE damage and eats shadows. Also, they all 2hour, and as mentioned can come back to life.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    My PT won this BC last week when Pandemonium lost the AC again. We indeed got a blue bell from a red mamool, and a red bell from a blue mamool. The blue bell dropped from a NIN, I can't remember which job the red one dropped from.

We farmed the DC-EM ones until we got both bells, and we ended up with 5 tanscale keys in the process, which turned out to be good because we needed 3 or 4 of those for the next part.

When we got there there was a group that had just lost the BC, and they went out to the area just outside the BC waiting room and farmed the VT Mamools presumably to get new bells, so it's not like if you lose you have to go all the way through again, from what I can tell.
    We originally tried going past the first Mahogany Door that requires only a Red Bell to farm for the Blue Bell, because the Red Bell dropped relatively quickly. Though we didn't have much luck getting a Blue Bell from there, so we went back out of the door and farmed the DCs for the Blue Bell.

I believe it was 3 tanscale keys we needed, the other doors can be avoided by going around and choosing a different path.

The party that was in there before us did farm a bit right outside the BC, but I don't know if they actually got more bells. They disappeared for a while, then came back so they may have gone back to the DCs for a little bit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Do you actually get anything good from this BC? I'm assuming some IS and maybe a ??? item.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Do you actually get anything good from this BC? I'm assuming some IS and maybe a ??? item.
    Probably just the satisfaction of a job well done.

We got IS as soon as we won, but nobody checked theirs beforehand to count how much it was. No ??? item unless that's from an NPC in Al Zhabi or something that I haven't happened to speak to yet. The best part is definitely the cool title.

http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/7809/actitlejn7.jpg

As for the group that got spit out of the BC just as we arrived, they almost certainly didn't go back to the DC-EM mamools to farm the bells. They were outside farming as soon as they were unweak, while the 3rd PT there was in the BC and we were waiting, and then competing with us to get into the BC before the other group had even finished, remember?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    We got IS as soon as we won, but nobody checked theirs beforehand to count how much it was. No ??? item unless that's from an NPC in Al Zhabi or something that I haven't happened to speak to yet. The best part is definitely the cool title.

http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/7809/actitlejn7.jpg

As for the group that got spit out of the BC just as we arrived, they almost certainly didn't go back to the DC-EM mamools to farm the bells. They were outside farming as soon as they were unweak, while the 3rd PT there was in the BC and we were waiting, and then competing with us to get into the BC before the other group had even finished, remember?
    Ah, I didn't realize they were farming right outside the BC the entire time, I thought they had moved out of "hearing" range for a bit before coming back to compete with us to enter.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You get 1000 IS, you get title "subduer of the ____" (subduer of the undead swarm = coolest title for a mnk, period) and of course, you get the astral candescense back.