Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HQ Results From Two Batches: Moon Phase Synopsis

OK so basically I couldn't get a straight answer from anyone on what was the best moon phase to HQ, so I took the two most common answers I found and tested them. Both of these synths use Earth Crystal.

Test Batch 1: Black Cloaks, LVL 89 Synth, Tier 1 Synth (99.6 Cloth, full subs), Full Moon 100%, Lightsday, Facing North east.

NQ: 15
    HQ: 1
    Crit Break: 2

Not very good results at all for a tier 1 synth, so I tried the next moon phase.

Test Batch 2: Arhat's Gi, LVL 89 Synth, Tier 1 Synth (99.6 Cloth, full subs), New Moon 2%, Windsday, Facing South east.

NQ: 30
    HQ: 4
    Crit Break: 2

----------------------------

So after that I don't know whether or not I can conclude that the New Moon option is better. Sure, I have a better HQ:NQ ratio by far, but the thing is, maybe if I crafted more Black Cloak's like I did Arhat's, then I would have gotten more HQs.

I was 1/20 HQ on the Arhat's and then during the next ten synths did 3 more HQs, so is it just a matter of crafting more? I mean, does moon phase not really matter at all, or the direction you face? Or are these both just equally good phases/directions to face?

And if phase does matter, and both of these are equally BAD, please let me know when the good time is to phase. I'd appreciate it if people kept comments about, "lawl craft wen you think it is right" or, "when its full moon IRL!!!!11!11eleven!" to yourselves. I'm looking for serious info here.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: HQ Results From Two Batches: Moon Phase Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    so is it just a matter of crafting more?
    To get some hard, conclusive evidance, yes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tier-11 HQ Rate is 5% for me, Day and Moon have never affected any results that I have ever seen, so much that I stopped recording the Moon and Day when I crafted and such.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

4/36 on gi's?

fuck you

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    Tier-11 HQ Rate is 5% for me, Day and Moon have never affected any results that I have ever seen, so much that I stopped recording the Moon and Day when I crafted and such.
    I beg to differ. I believe I hold a steady 15% HQ rate on elemental beads.

But yeah, 5% on stuff I want to make gil from.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Desi
    4/36 on gi's?

fuck you
    no shit

Arhat's Gi's have subs, black cloaks have none. Your results should have been backwards if anything lmao

As for "1/15" being "not very good results at all for a tier 1", I think you should lay off the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    As for "1/15" being "not very good results at all for a tier 1", I think you should lay off the drugs
    Well when 1/15 on Demon Cloak's means a 2M loss (selling NQs at AH price), I'd say that those aren't good results. If you can suggest a better gil item I'd like to hear it. Basically just need to get slightly lucky and hit 2/however and make a couple mil.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that I'm 1/2 on Subligar desynths and was thinking of going back to these but I have heard some really bad horror stories. Anyone have any experience in that field?

2/6 on Dusk Trousers +1, and 35 of 102 for SH+1. I am teh crafz wezard.

Random day and moon ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesjustice
    2/6 on Dusk Trousers +1, and 35 of 102 for SH+1. I am teh crafz wezard.

Random day and moon ftw.
    Facing direction, wearing anything, praying to a specific god? Let me know your secrets, preazzze.

on your first synth, was there any particular reason you were facing North-east instead of South or South-east?

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    on your first synth, was there any particular reason you were facing North-east instead of South or South-east?
    I was told on full moon to face Light direction and on New moon to face elemental weakness (Wind).

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

OK didn't the dev team already say that facing direction didn't matter? >.>; OR at least they laughed at the person who asked in a "omg our players are so silly" kinda way.

This is actually a great idea though. It was always my believe full moon = hq and new moon = skill ups. I know when fishing this does seem to work. I remember way back in the day of fishing madness you got more carps during full and definitely I got most of my skills during new. I'm guessing this is what started the idea it would apply to other crafts maybe?

Maybe good to do tons of tests on low lvl synths (because of the cost), and have people start recording their results. Probably would have to be the same item though. Would be nice to get a good idea as it seems like no one ever seemed to do tests just "what seems to work for me".

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Well when 1/15 on Demon Cloak's means a 2M loss (selling NQs at AH price), I'd say that those aren't good results. If you can suggest a better gil item I'd like to hear it. Basically just need to get slightly lucky and hit 2/however and make a couple mil.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that I'm 1/2 on Subligar desynths and was thinking of going back to these but I have heard some really bad horror stories. Anyone have any experience in that field?
    I'm just saying that 1/15 is about average for HQ1's, if you need to HQ more than 1/10 on a HQ1 to make money then don't synth them.

High cloth is a loss currently on Siren, if I can do 1/12 on Prisms it's ok but I will have 0/30+ streaks occasionally that will wipe it all out. Mahatma Slops are down to 1.5m which is lower than when I skilled on them 18 months ago, fuck i miss inflation. Of course rainbow costs over twice as much now as it did then.

My figures on subligar is 30 breaks,13 cashmere,16 nobles. However I stopped doing them months ago when nobles hit 8-9m on Siren. I don't keep the cash on hand to absorb a bad streak (alot of those 30 came in streaks of 4-5). Now people are spamming the hell out of them and selling shining as break even and cashmere for 18-20m. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    OK didn't the dev team already say that facing direction didn't matter? >.>; OR at least they laughed at the person who asked in a "omg our players are so silly" kinda way.

This is actually a great idea though. It was always my believe full moon = hq and new moon = skill ups. I know when fishing this does seem to work. I remember way back in the day of fishing madness you got more carps during full and definitely I got most of my skills during new. I'm guessing this is what started the idea it would apply to other crafts maybe?

Maybe good to do tons of tests on low lvl synths (because of the cost), and have people start recording their results. Probably would have to be the same item though. Would be nice to get a good idea as it seems like no one ever seemed to do tests just "what seems to work for me".
    Don't my test results support that New moon = more HQ?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I personally believe that you have a "luck" factor for any day when you try to synth. Some days you can get very few HQs on items that you are 50+ levels over with breaks here and there, other days you are on fire and get 50% HQ rates on Tier-2 synths with HQ2 and 3 flying everywhere. There is really no such thing as a truly random random number generator; it would be easy to chuck in a variable that influences your outcomes based on all sorts of silly things attuned to your character.

Highest job leveled, sub job, what day your character was "born", how many times your character has died- all sorts of random things could be used to decide lucky and unlucky days for your character.

If I have shitty luck making sub synths (selbina butter, pie dough, grape juice, etc), I generally will not craft further. Bad crafting days almost never turn into good ones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra

Don't my test results support that New moon = more HQ?
    No, you do not have enough individual tests to conclude that. You would need thousands of tests run over several moon phases to come up with anything conclusive. There is a phenomenon known as "Regression to the Mean"- one good or bad crafting session very may well be a statistical anomaly and you will get closer to normal results the next time you try to synth under those conditions. There could be other confounding factors that could account for changes in success. (For example; strength of the crystal compared to the day of the week.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i crafted 1 pair of slops at each moon percentage, all 100 of them nq'd therefore there is really no HQ items in this game. am i right!?

nope, that also goes back with what Septimus said above. Just because you synthed one item at a given moon phase and it all NQed doesn't mean much. If you did 100 tests at each moon phase percentage then you would get different results most likely. You just got unlucky really

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    nope, that also goes back with what Septimus said above. Just because you synthed one item at a given moon phase and it all NQed doesn't mean much. If you did 100 tests at each moon phase percentage then you would get different results most likely. You just got unlucky really
    Do you understand the concept of sarcasm?

Gosh, Desi, you're such a tease!