Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Nerfing blm will only break the game.

Melee out dmg smn and blm the only reason their not used is tp given to mob, all they need to do is fix that imo.
    Through current subtle blow gear and MNK roll (with MNK in party) the monster receives 5 tp a hit versus 10 a hit without. That is cutting the overall tp per hit in half for DD melee. That obviously adds up over time to alot more than you think, hell if it was just 7tp a hit it would make a sizable difference over time. In 1000 hits you would have given the mob enough to do 50 100 tp WS as supposed to 100 100 tp WS without (16.7 300 TP WS for subtle blow and 33.3 without). Seems like simple math to me that MNK roll would be a difference maker on what used to be melee unfriendly HNM. Does anyone know what the subtle blow set bonus on the assault gear is? SE won't put a subtle blow trait in every melee job or change the overall system with the amount of subtle blow equipment available along with MNK roll.
    Subthe Blow is fucking useless outside of a soloing situation.

When you have 3+++++ people beating the shit out of something, not to mention the TP accumulated from hitting people, its going to accumulate 100% instantly. The choke point is how they dont fire TP instantly at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    When you have 3+++++ people beating the shit out of something, not to mention the TP accumulated from hitting people, its going to accumulate 100% instantly. The choke point is how they dont fire TP instantly at 100%.
    Yep. We had a monk who would go on and on about how he has Subtle blow+35 and I'd just tell him it's a shitty useless trait with 3 other melees whacking [x enemy] and 2 plds getting smashed in the face.

Old Merits
    BG Level

We do NIN/WAR, PLD/NIN and WAR/NIN as tanks... so the tank is not getting hit much at all compared when we use PLD/WAR. The more melee hitting the thing the more difference -5tp a hit makes. In a short ass xp fight subtle blow means nothing. Subtle blow matters more in a long ass drawn out fight like Wyrms. Of course they don't use TP at 100% that is why I showed you that you get the same TP move ratio even if it uses TP at 300%. The monster still receives 50% less TP from melee hitting it even if it waits til 300% TP. That is a fact. Pretty simple fucking math and you guys can't grasp it. Have you ever wondered why PLD/NIN tanked Wyrms with SMN BPs and SAM meditate SCs as damage go like 500000 times smoother than a bunch of dumbfuck manasponges feeding it TP? If you don't believe -5tp a hit adds up to much you are pretty damn retarded and saying it is useful for solo just means its useless period.

Subtle blow matters more in a long ass drawn out fight like Wyrms. Of course they don't use TP at 100% that is why I showed you that you get the same TP move ratio even if it uses TP at 300%. The monster still receives 50% less TP from melee hitting it even if it waits til 300% TP. That is a fact. Pretty simple fucking math and you guys can't grasp it.
    If you're talking about fafnir then you're not accounting for auto-meditate. If you're talking about grand wyrms, why are you meleeing them?

Does anyone even know for sure that mobs will always use tp when it reaches 300?

Eternus 75 BRD, 41 WHM, 41 BLM, 37 RDM
    stfu

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Subtle blow matters more in a long ass drawn out fight like Wyrms. Of course they don't use TP at 100% that is why I showed you that you get the same TP move ratio even if it uses TP at 300%. The monster still receives 50% less TP from melee hitting it even if it waits til 300% TP. That is a fact. Pretty simple fucking math and you guys can't grasp it.
    If you're talking about fafnir then you're not accounting for auto-meditate. If you're talking about grand wyrms, why are you meleeing them?

Does anyone even know for sure that mobs will always use tp when it reaches 300?
    The point is we don't melee CoP wyrms either lol (you can build TP on adds at Tiamat and elementals at Jorm for SA WS spike damage after landing).

I was saying the subtle blow gear and MNK roll might be a way to at least shorten the TP gap between BLM damage and melee. Does not mean it is better but at least it got somewhat closer and might allow for at least a few melee to do some DoT on wyrms while they are on the ground. That seems to be the major reason why people do not melee CoP wyrms. Yeah we do have melee Fafnir anyways, fucker randomly spams wing regardless. I was obviously not talking about Fafhogg since it is a typically 20 minute or so fight... I said long fights lol. Kirin spams TP regardless as well.

The point is we don't melee CoP wyrms either lol (you can build TP on adds at Tiamat and elementals at Jorm for SA WS spike damage after landing).
    Or you can sleep elementals, kite undead, and bring a few smns and sams instead of zerging the shit out of them with a gimp semi-retarded strategy and risk getting people sleepgad or ga3'd.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlokk
    Or you can sleep elementals, kite undead, and bring a few smns and sams instead of zerging the shit out of them with a gimp semi-retarded strategy.
    Elementals at Jorm build sleep resist pretty fast... you kite the undead yes lol but thats only at night. We don't have many SMN and only one SAM lol.. and he usually shows up some other job (usually WAR since he has Ridill, e bdy etc). Yeah we would alter the strat obviously if we had at least 2-3 SAM, but we swap in WAR/THF and DRK/THF primarily and it works fine... also Kraken DRK does good damage for the last 10% or so of its life. Well the rest of the fight DRK just closes a SC with SA. You go with what jobs you have on at the time since the window is so insane and you just rush to the spawn once the mule you have there confirms its up. But yeah have fun with your SMN zerging.. that is by far the gayest shit in FFXI imo.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Elementals at Jorm build sleep resist pretty fast...
    Not if you use RDM's, but most folks seem to think Sleepga2 > all, not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Not if you use RDM's, but most folks seem to think Sleepga2 > all, not sure why.
    Those elementals can run out of mp to... and it gets easy for a bard and a red mage to just tank/sleep all of them for an indefinite amount of time..

EDIT: Being in a linkshell that doesn't manaburn every fucking thing can be hella fun. Throw a bunch of bombs in the mix for 2 hours of tense horde lullaby action.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8757/bombsgq5.jpg

I was saying the subtle blow gear and MNK roll might be a way to at least shorten the TP gap between BLM damage and melee. Does not mean it is better but at least it got somewhat closer and might allow for at least a few melee to do some DoT on wyrms while they are on the ground. That seems to be the major reason why people do not melee CoP wyrms. Yeah we do have melee Fafnir anyways, fucker randomly spams wing regardless. I was obviously not talking about Fafhogg since it is a typically 20 minute or so fight... I said long fights lol. Kirin spams TP regardless as well.
    If you're going to melee grand wyrms for any reason, I'd rather have people actually doing damage than worrying about shit like mob tp gain. Otherwise, just stick to adds. Even with the cap of 50% subtle blow the gap between nukes and melee not counting ws is incredibly large and if you're trading off gear and other buffs for sb you're not even halving the ratio of damage done / mob tp gained which was your purpose. I guess it isn't "pretty simple math" afterall eh?

It also makes more sense to me to use meat and gain 200/300 tp on adds rather than have to use sushi and tp on tiamat herself. Trying to argue how to melee tiamat better is like asking how your equipment should change when you're exping without a brd.

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Those elementals can run out of mp to... and it gets easy for a bard and a red mage to just tank/sleep all of them for an indefinite amount of time..

EDIT: Being in a linkshell that doesn't manaburn every fucking thing can be hella fun. Throw a bunch of bombs in the mix for 2 hours of tense horde lullaby action.

I actually would be fun to see RMT try to manaburn a land king after the new patch and see them fkn cry when their nukes reach the 0 damage cap. Back to the dunes for them lol!

Quote Originally Posted by gemini~cusp

I actually would be fun to see RMT try to manaburn a land king after the new patch and see them fkn cry when their nukes reach the 0 damage cap. Back to the dunes for them lol!
    Did you even bother to read what the nerf was?

"The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level."

that fucking rules, lol.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rival ls + Diaga = Sad Panda

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Rival ls + Diaga = Sad Panda
    lol @ sleeping every mob. Get a smart NIN or THF, stick him inbetween Jorm and the 5 bombs, and tell him to keep them off the MA when needed...its the only add alliance you really need. (Notice, Elementals still need to be slept.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5