BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nice.

All saracism aside, BLM really is too powerful, and this seems like a fair way to deal with it. It really doesnt hurt at all if you fight mobs the normal way anyway.

Its really not that bad at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Nice.

All saracism aside, BLM really is too powerful, and this seems like a fair way to deal with it. It really doesnt hurt at all if you fight mobs the normal way anyway.

Its really not that bad at all.
    The normal way being SMN physical bloodpact right? :wink:

Am I the only one that isn't too devastated by the BLM nerf but more intrigued by Hydra not being derived as a HQ of Cerberus?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Well Dynamis mobs go down rather quickly so I assume it's not going to affect Dynamis much at all unless nukeing one mob builds resistance for all the other mobs in the area. I don't really see that happening.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Am I the only one that isn't too devastated by the BLM nerf but more intrigued by Hydra not being derived as a HQ of Cerberus?
    I thought that was obvious.
    I'm just upset I just spent money on BLM :s

This will probably hit BCNMs that are hard to melee the most (Proto-Ultima, Bahamuth V2, Ouryu (?), Turtle99) since having to wait for the magic resistance to wear is gonna be a pain.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I wonder if theyll add a HQ Cerb or Hydra.. and Im fine with the BLM thing, I dont think anyone should really be bummed about it, they could of made it A LOT worse.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They also could have made it a lot better by improving melees on HNMs. If anything, magic resistance build up is fine if there was some way to lower it by say.... I don't know.... physical attacks.

That would balance HNM fights. Magic spells build resistance and physical attacks lower resistance. So if you have half the alliance casting magic and half using physical, then the mob wouldn't build resistance.

SE really doesn't know how to nerf, they know how to destroy. So instead of mostly magical attacks and a little physical, now we are supposed to do mostly physical and a little magic? How about 50/50 dipshits?

One thing that did catch my eye other than the magic nerf was the new BCNMs using the Imperial Standing points.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'm waiting for:

"The adjustments made to Black Mages in Besieged went over so well, we're applying it to the entire game!"

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Meh, I am not surprised, im just annoyed.

The fact that SE would rather nerf a job, so the RMT manaburning gilsellers can play alongside us.

If they really wanna have everyone melee zerg, they should make mobs gain only 1 TP per hit from anything.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Maat checks as 'Impossible to gauge'

sup testing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I'm curious, is this going to ruin Sleepga / Lullaby? If so they just ruined some Jorm / Vrtra strats.
    Seems to only affect damaging spells if i read it well, but i could be wrong.

I don't think the resistance build up will go up with time, but rather number of spells thrown at it. So even a timed nuke with 7 BLM, maybe 4 will be almost completely resisted. I dunno, seems kinda stupid based on time because then BLMs will just time the nukes and do massive chunks of damage at a time.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Improve melees on HNM without breaking them in every other form of the game (moreso then already are) ? Easier said then done.

I think this change will end up being pretty minor. It'll end up reducing nuke damage by 10-25% max or something, reduce overtime, and wont break any current tactics. (Bahamut 2 for instance wouldnt be changed all that much, because wyrms pop with a fresh resistance and while theyre being put down the same as always, bahamuts resistance is decreasing the entire time.)

But then again, im always optimistic

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I hope one of its drops is a new leathercraft synth material.

and i hope they add something made with cerberus *leather*

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This magic nerf seems like it's REALLY gonna be hurting Dynamis Lord and Bahamut V2 more than anything else. Not only being resistant to nukes, but resistant to Stun as well? @_@;;

Really though, I'm too excited about Hydra to be crying over a "nerf" of which we don't even know the severity yet.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hydra drops new lvl 20 abjs.

A number of new battlefields are scheduled for the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas. You can attempt these battlefields by using Imperial Standing credits.

We have adjusted the system so that most players should be able to make an attempt once or twice a week with the Imperial Standing they earn, but players can enter the battlefield every day if they have enough credits. This should make the new battlefields more accessible than orb battles.
    If the Conquest system wasn't already dead, it is now. 90% of the population probably won't even considering non-ToAU invites if the rewards from this are decent.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    That would balance HNM fights. Magic spells build resistance and physical attacks lower resistance. So if you have half the alliance casting magic and half using physical, then the mob wouldn't build resistance.
    This would be the ideal fix, but I think we need to see the implementation first before getting too concerned about a nerf. LS that use varied damage types and actually bother to SC may not notice a difference at all. Even if a mob builds up resistance, it might not be noticeable if you SC+MB. If we start seeing 50-75% resists on Fafhogg on the 3rd SC, its gonna be a problem.

The solution you offer is similar to how wyrms are now. They build up resistance to sleep if you continue to chain sleep them, however, damage of any type reduces their resistance. The more damage you do, the longer your next sleep will last. Hopefully SE does as you suggested, physical or varied attacks decreasing magical def at the same rate magic attacks build it up so that the net effect is negligible.