Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcloudz
    This magic nerf seems like it's REALLY gonna be hurting Dynamis Lord and Bahamut V2 more than anything else. Not only being resistant to nukes, but resistant to Stun as well? @_@;;

Really though, I'm too excited about Hydra to be crying over a "nerf" of which we don't even know the severity yet.
    It just says 'Elemental' Black Magic. Stun is Dark Magic I thought, so I don't think that will be effected.

And yes please at another leather drop. Although I think all crafts really need a kick at this point, not just leather. :\

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Larkwynn
    A number of new battlefields are scheduled for the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas. You can attempt these battlefields by using Imperial Standing credits.

We have adjusted the system so that most players should be able to make an attempt once or twice a week with the Imperial Standing they earn, but players can enter the battlefield every day if they have enough credits. This should make the new battlefields more accessible than orb battles.
    If the Conquest system wasn't already dead, it is now. 90% of the population probably won't even considering non-ToAU invites if the rewards from this are decent.
    Rare/Ex stuff or pre-ToAU will be as empty as my fridge.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

It will be interesting to see the impact of the resistance based on MBíng alone, let alone solo nukes.

New Merits
    BG Level

In addition, a new type of high notorious monster (HNM) will be added to the beastman strongholds.
    Better hope they got a decent treasure pool ;/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcloudz
    This magic nerf seems like it's REALLY gonna be hurting Dynamis Lord and Bahamut V2 more than anything else. Not only being resistant to nukes, but resistant to Stun as well? @_@;;

Really though, I'm too excited about Hydra to be crying over a "nerf" of which we don't even know the severity yet.
    It just says 'Elemental' Black Magic. Stun is Dark Magic I thought, so I don't think that will be effected.
    Ah my bad I missed that <.< I coulda sworn when I read it it just said "Black Magic" XD

Well in that case this won't be as bad as I thought, but it'd still make mobs where zerging them as fast as possible (DL) more of a challenge. Like I said though, worry time is later, Hydra psych-up time is now :D

What update is this due to be released in? The upcoming one? or are they going to make it some long drawn out timeline bullshit?

nm I can't read, just realized

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Cue picture of the blms entering smn school.......

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

yeah my dynamis LS is fucked...I better hop on leveling monk asap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Oh BTW, secret PLD nerf? Wonder if NM's will start to resist flash since its divine.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I just noticed that they're nerfing 'Magical BLU spells.'

OMG Fire Spit and Death Ray spam won't work anymore????

Don't most Dynamis mobs die quickly so resistance shouldn't be too much trouble, I'm not sure about Manaburn Dynamis though but I can't imagine it being that much harder, maybe a bit slower.

Shouldn't affect Limbus though, seeing as melees are useful there (cept Carbuncle, lol at that evasion), Ultima + Omega already have a mode were 1 type of damage is negated so it isn't a problem seeing as resistance will go down when they're in magic shield mode.

Melee's own Dynamis Lord, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as Stun isn't affected and I see no reason why it should be (lots of shit resists stun flat out already).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I'm curious, is this going to ruin Sleepga / Lullaby? If so they just ruined some Jorm / Vrtra strats.
    Seems to only affect damaging spells if i read it well, but i could be wrong.
    To the best of my knowledge, NMs, especially HNMs, have always built up resistance to sleep. Granted, it takes quite a few sleeps for it to build up resistance to the point where ES Sleep lasts 10 seconds, but it is nevertheless there.

It all depends on how this is implemented, so we will have to wait and see.

My only concern now is how Bahamut v2 will be done. I'm not sure if S-E is really aware of the fact that melee are a major burden for this fight and not an asset.

I'm also concerned about how Aspi will be done since spirits within is included in the nerf (it was called out on the update page). Most LSs just use spirits within spam out of shell and magic spam in shell. I mean, is there a way to force him out of his shell to stop regening? =/

Anyway, besides those two NMs and some choice BCNM, I don't think this change will really change all that much with an exception to people that manaburn everything.

Also, we can't forget that there may be more job balancing in this update along with a merit expansion.

Edit: I wonder if they have considered dropping, or reducing, the ranged attack and magic attack penaltys from the grand wyrms.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Isn't the patch in 5 days? Are they only realeasing summer breeze festival at first, and then everything worthwhile a bit after?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Iresire
    I'm also concerned about how Aspi will be done since spirits within is included in the nerf (it was called out on the update page). Most LSs just use spirits within spam out of shell and magic spam in shell.
    Bahamut may change.. but if anyone has probs on Aspi regardless of a nerf

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Don't most Dynamis mobs die quickly so resistance shouldn't be too much trouble, I'm not sure about Manaburn Dynamis though but I can't imagine it being that much harder, maybe a bit slower.

Shouldn't affect Limbus though, seeing as melees are useful there (cept Carbuncle, lol at that evasion), Ultima + Omega already have a mode were 1 type of damage is negated so it isn't a problem seeing as resistance will go down when they're in magic shield mode.

Melee's own Dynamis Lord, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as Stun isn't affected and I see no reason why it should be (lots of shit resists stun flat out already).
    Same, I think dynamis burns will still be way too easy. Don't city mobs die with like 4-5 aga3's? (total guess, i have no clue.)

If nothing else, it could be a nerf against repeated attacks of the same element. You could do one volley thunder, one ice, one fire.. Though I'd imagine just repeated thunders with the nerf would still be stronger. I can't see it being more than a 5% MDB bonus each round.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

oh and

Quote Originally Posted by ponskun
    Cue picture of the blms entering World of Warcraft because levelling SMN from 1-70 is like ripping out your nose hairs one by one with a pair of tweezers.......
    fixed.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Iresire
    I'm also concerned about how Aspi will be done since spirits within is included in the nerf (it was called out on the update page). Most LSs just use spirits within spam out of shell and magic spam in shell.
    Bahamut may change.. but if anyone has probs on Aspi regardless of a nerf
    At least there wont be anymore 4-10 JP fafnir/aspid/etc kills with like a tank pt + 3 blms, although to counter it they'll probably bring smn instead of blm. (ninja edit: er well, smn for fafnir, they kinda screwed for aspid lol)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    oh and

Cue picture of the blms entering World of Warcraft because levelling SMN from 1-70 is like ripping out your nose hairs one by one with a pair of tweezers.......
    fixed.
    QFT

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    oh and

fixed.
    QFT
    Yeah i'd rather punch myself in the balls til I pass out than lvl smn.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

BATTLEFIELDS! O_O

IS = Orb = Good idea

Hope these new battlefields drop abj's! o.o