Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

New Notorious Monsters and Battlefields!(07/19/2006)

In the upcoming version update, new notorious monsters and battlefields will be introduced into the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas.
    Also, certain monsters will soon possess an accumulative resistance to magic.

New Notorious Monsters

Now that everyone seems to be used to the new areas and enemies of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc, a number of notorious monsters will be introduced in the next version update.

In addition, a new type of high notorious monster (HNM) will be added to the beastman strongholds.

Victory will not come easy when facing these new challenges!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../675/675_2.jpg

New Battlefields

A number of new battlefields are scheduled for the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas. You can attempt these battlefields by using Imperial Standing credits.

We have adjusted the system so that most players should be able to make an attempt once or twice a week with the Imperial Standing they earn, but players can enter the battlefield every day if they have enough credits. This should make the new battlefields more accessible than orb battles.

Accumulative Magic Resistance

Currently, a large number of players can team up to overpower the enemy in certain battles by hitting the enemy repeatedly with only elemental magic. This tactic has had an unbalancing effect on the game, and we decided a change was needed.

However, altering the effects of powerful magic spells would have a negative effect on black mages and other magic users. Rather than altering magic effects or strengthening monsters, we determined that the adjustment to solve this issue should be as small as possible in scope and affect other gameplay mechanics as little as possible.

Therefore, for the next update we have decided to implement an accumulative magic resistance effect for all monsters whose strength reads "impossible to gauge."

We have also made several other adjustments to minimize the effect of this change on black mages and other magic users. For example, a party fighting a notorious monster with one to two black mages will probably not notice the difference.

However, we have decided to give Bahamut in the quest "The Wyrmking Descends" and Diabolos in the quest "Waking Dreams" a stronger accumulative magic resistance than other notorious monsters.

-Types of Affected Magic Damage
    When a notorious monster is repeatedly hit by the following types of magic, it will accumulatively build magic resistance:

Black magic (elemental), white magic (divine), ninjutsu, magical blood pact abilities, magical blue magic, magical weapon skills (e.g., Spirits Within and Red Lotus Blade), and certain job abilities (e.g., Chi Blast and Mijin Gakure)

-Resistance Fluctuation
    When a monster with accumulative magic resistance is hit by a magic attack, the amount of damage it receives will decrease in accordance with that monster's resistance. At the same time, its resistance will increase.

The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.

In addition, the monster's resistance will decrease with time if it is not hit by any repeated magic attacks.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Haven't finished reading it yet... just went ohsnap@hydra pic and had to post it ;x

oh snap@blm nerf on hnms :O

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I guess they Hydra will be in the woodlands. Either in the center of the map, or the area accessable through halvung.

Oh, and I guess SMN will be wanted more since physical avatar spells aren't affected by the nerf stick.

And this is the stupidest nerf. Take away one way LS's can kill stuff, but add nothing to kill it another way. If you want people to do a balanced party, what is wrong with saying HNM's build resistance to NON MB spells.

There, make people have melees to do a skillchain and have mages MB it.

Posting in this one because formatting is better than the other one. AWWWWWWW SHIZNIT HERE COMES TEH HYDRA!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

LOL! Nerf everyone! Well, it looks like SMNs lvl 70 pacts will be the new king. It's a good thing I already bought all the SMN gear I am going to need.

Ro Meave Aery anyone?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That magic nerf better not have an effect when magic bursting, that would be plain retarded. -.-

Sea Torques
    BG Level

wow .. just wow ..

OMG Now how will the RMTs ever defeat King Vinegaroon!?

the fuck, how are we supposed to beat bahamut v2 now

Relic Shield
    BG Level

A look into the future....

BLM nuke an NM to the point of uselessness. IN COME THE MELEE TO SAVE THE DAY. Melee do mediocore damage while feeding tp to the mob. It starts spamming weaponskills. BLM stun! Resisted!

Instead of nerfing a jobs ability to do dmg, how about fixing other jobs inability to do damage?

And it didn't list SMN physical spells as being nerfed, so I guess instead of BLM, you have SMN. Good job at not fixing the problem.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

meh@this update.

They better add more merits or introduce "qiqirn bags" or something. ~_~

On a sidenote the battlefields look like an interesting idea, if only they drop rare/ex stuff that's actually good, and not useless.

All i got to say is figures. Wow gald im not in a hnmls fights are going to take alot longer unless you have alot of sams . There is a bright side though if they do keep to what they said manaburn exp party will still be around so its all good. It was really bound to happen anyway since the gilsellers have figured out blm= kill all.

Kirins should be interesting as well.

I wonder how much this will effect manaburn Dynamis?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Post on my topic it has better format

And this only affects NMs, not regular parties.

SMN = the new BLM for HNMs!!!

You just watch how many end game linkshell members start lvling SMN now that they know all NMs and HNMs build Magic Resistance.
    /em shudders at the thought of fighting Dynamis Lord now

Quote Originally Posted by PussPuss
    Probably not that much since its a whole slew of mobs and not just one.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When I said I had all the gear I needed bought I was wrong, I didn't have a SMN torque. The other thing they said a while back was that SMN skill would start to work. Well, the person that sold it took me to the cleaners a little. 200k when the last sale was 100k, but I see this piece being the new Elemental Torque. Lol, I probably just bought the last cheap torque.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'd imagine it'd be murdered, since after all every mob in Dynamis is a NM right? >_>

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I'd imagine it'd be murdered, since after all every mob in Dynamis is a NM right? >_>
    So are Limbus mobs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Noooo my precious dynamis zerglings ; ;

All "Impossible to gauge" mobs getting this buff?

Well, I doubt they'll increase Dynamis mob resists too much, but we'll find out soon. Mobs die in seconds anyway, if we can kill them fast enough, we can get them before it builds resists, unless it's instantaneous, OR we can just time nuke every mob.

The main one I can see being a problem is dynamis-xarca. Those mobs take longer to kill.

Time to change our LS Schedule to all completely Xarcabard before we get fucked in the bottom.

Lol @ FFXI, soon everything will be nerfed and lolgalkasmn will actually not be a joke of a person.

I'm curious, is this going to ruin Sleepga / Lullaby? If so they just ruined some Jorm / Vrtra strats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Well if its anyone that will be able to test out the extremity of the magic resistance increase on dynamis mobs, it'll be them >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

However, altering the effects of powerful magic spells would have a negative effect on black mages and other magic users. Rather than altering magic effects or strengthening monsters, we determined that the adjustment to solve this issue should be as small as possible in scope and affect other gameplay mechanics as little as possible.
    I'm glad they made the scope as small as possible. I mean how much do we actually fight NMs

Oh wait, I guess this is for the ZAMites, since these activities are out of their scope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast