Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Clothcraft 99 -->100     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1

    Clothcraft 99 -->100

    Sure this has been talked about a ton, but I did a quick search and can't find an answer.

    Tired of waiting for the rare occasion to craft a Cursed Dalm, so I figured I might as well try Blessed Briaults. I checked AH price and currently they sell for 1.1M. Checked material prices and I couldn't believe it, 2.7M? That can't be right.

    Every reference I check though says that it requires this:

    Silver Thread
    Gold Thread x2
    Velvet Cloth x2
    Rainbow Cloth
    Galateia x2

    And with Galateia's being 1.25M each on my server I can't believe this is true. How is a lvl 102 synth a 50% loss for NQ? Am I just getting the recipe wrong?

  2. #2
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    lol, nope that's exactly the same road everyone else does... I levelled most of 100 at 800k loss per synth, last couple ticks were 1m each. For the most part it's just powerlevlling and the fact you have no choice. A high level synth doesn't make it valuable.

    Every rich JP I know stopped at 99 and probably levels only off commisioned Dalms and Errants. People won't pay 3m for a Briault because it's a piece of armor not worth 3m, unforunately the legs and hands are worth 1m+ so you're screwed.

    I got really lucky, 23 synths to 100 4tw. I know several that were over 50. I think Aurik spent like 60m or some shit to get there, I was really lucky.

    I hope all those Elite Beret +1's make up the difference lol (i kid, 100 is an accomplishment but there's really no reason to be here...not yet)

  3. #3
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,059
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Depends on how generous your friends are but if you have 2 who might help the occasional ENM drop might help but it isn't going to make a huge differerence. It really is just pouring money away... I know I won't have the money for 99 > 100 unless I HQ a few big money items.. just like half the server :D

  4. #4

    While I am nowhere near getting 100 on cloth yet (88.3 atm) I already know that being patient is the way to go if you want to take it to 100 and there really is no effective way to power to 100 unless you RMT it

  5. #5
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    While I am nowhere near getting 100 on cloth yet (88.3 atm) I already know that being patient is the way to go if you want to take it to 100 and there really is no effective way to power to 100 unless you RMT it
    99 opens up a few synths if you have all 3 GP items, you don't "have" to RMT to get there. I sold something like 27 of 30 straight Prism Capes on the AH in 2 weeks time, that essentially paid for my 100 right there. They used to be massive profit...like 1.8m to synth 12, sold for 4.5m. Now it's 2.2m to make 12, sells for 2.8

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    While I am nowhere near getting 100 on cloth yet (88.3 atm) I already know that being patient is the way to go if you want to take it to 100 and there really is no effective way to power to 100 unless you RMT it
    99 opens up a few synths if you have all 3 GP items, you don't "have" to RMT to get there. I sold something like 27 of 30 straight Prism Capes on the AH in 2 weeks time, that essentially paid for my 100 right there. They used to be massive profit...like 1.8m to synth 12, sold for 4.5m. Now it's 2.2m to make 12, sells for 2.8
    Yay for falling markets thats really all I can say . But yeah there are alternatives. I was talking more along the lines of the way the OP sounded about his approach to getting to 100 from 99 as he sounded frustrated in the amount of gil needed/lost and time to get there.

    What you could do also is go to each Aspid and Nidhogg camp and whoever claims/wins whore yourself out for dalmatica synths if that LS doesn't have a high level cloth person

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5

    It was definately worth it for me. I made profit on skilling to 100 due to a dalma HQ. But even if that didn't occur, the Rasetsu Tekko profits were massive and that would have paid for the skillups as well.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Semitry
    It was definately worth it for me. I made profit on skilling to 100 due to a dalma HQ. But even if that didn't occur, the Rasetsu Tekko profits were massive and that would have paid for the skillups as well.
    wow lucky on the HQ dalm

  9. #9

    I spent closer to 100m, including a nice 0/10 streak at 5m loss per synth at 99.9. I did 99->99.5 totally off dalm/cape commission and only started spending my own money once I got halfway there and still managed to spend that much.

    I was so happy when I finished I gave away the briault that ding'd me 100 to a totally random white mage (at that time valued at 7m~).

    And Rasetsu Tekkos +1 don't sell on my server, lol. I think I've made about 15m total off of lv95 synths @t1. Blue number ftmftw tho.

  10. #10
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,717
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Crafting is so pointless on my server.(and prob all servers now) I made some decent money when I first got cloth to 99, but now there's a billion other cloth99ers and all the markets are ruined. If you get a good luck run with multiple HQs, you can make like 2-3mil or so... but if you get bad luck, so easy to just lose all your money.


    /emo rant off

    I hope SE gives crafting a boost.

  11. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Crafting is so pointless on my server.(and prob all servers now) I made some decent money when I first got cloth to 99, but now there's a billion other cloth99ers and all the markets are ruined. If you get a good luck run with multiple HQs, you can make like 2-3mil or so... but if you get bad luck, so easy to just lose all your money.


    /emo rant off

    I hope SE gives crafting a boost.
    Yeah it is kinda ridiculous that something that takes anywhere from 25-100M to level can still lose money on a 102 synth. Kinda sickening actually...

  12. #12
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Crafting is so pointless on my server.(and prob all servers now) I made some decent money when I first got cloth to 99, but now there's a billion other cloth99ers and all the markets are ruined. If you get a good luck run with multiple HQs, you can make like 2-3mil or so... but if you get bad luck, so easy to just lose all your money.


    /emo rant off

    I hope SE gives crafting a boost.
    Yeah it is kinda ridiculous that something that takes anywhere from 25-100M to level can still lose money on a 102 synth. Kinda sickening actually...
    When I first hit 100 Leather I was pulling in insane amounts of profit with little effort. I quit for about 6 - 8 months and came back and found markets saturated to hell. But there was still room to make a decent amount of money besides getting lucky on t1/t0 hq. It just requies a lot more work than before when there were only a handful of 95+ NA crafters.

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    99 opens up a few synths if you have all 3 GP items,
    Is it worth the money to go 99-100 cloth except for epeen? Will it break any tiers or really help in anyway (eg: will you get a return for your 99-100 investment).

    I've been thinking about how much further I'll be taking my 94 Leathercraft and it just doesn't seem worth the gil to get 100 except for bragging rights.

  14. #14
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    599
    BG Level
    5

    if yur server has a big market for elite berets/rst. tekko HQs then i wouldnt personally unless they were all commission synths that didnt cost you anything.

  15. #15
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    99 opens up a few synths if you have all 3 GP items,
    Is it worth the money to go 99-100 cloth except for epeen? Will it break any tiers or really help in anyway (eg: will you get a return for your 99-100 investment).

    I've been thinking about how much further I'll be taking my 94 Leathercraft and it just doesn't seem worth the gil to get 100 except for bragging rights.
    Most people would say no and be right, I just wanted it done to be done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Clothcraft 96-100
    By Dontkare in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2009-07-19, 09:06
  2. Clothcraft 80 -> 100
    By Merlyn in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2006-05-23, 16:59
  3. Cooking 99 -> 100
    By Tahngarthor in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2006-04-13, 06:22
  4. 99-100 Crafting
    By Kailyn in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2006-04-09, 12:26
  5. Bonecrafting - 99/61 or 100/60?
    By ½pint in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2006-02-16, 02:34
  6. Clothcraft 81-100
    By Ankiseth in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2005-05-10, 14:22