Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Does obtaining Relic from a linkshell count as somthing gotten from that ls?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes(i class obtaining relic as getting somthing from linkshell)

155 89.08%
  • no(i dont think relic is getting somthing from linkshell)

19 10.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Relic ~ query     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does obtaining Relic from a linkshell count as somthing gotten from that ls?
    I think the poll question is a little biasedly phrased.

Does [getting a relic from an LS] count as [getting a relic from an LS]?

Duh.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

UNCTGTG wrote:
    I can't even believe this is really a question. You CAN"T EVEN FINISH A RELIC WITHOUT A LS HELP. Sure you can buy all the coins needed outside in bazaars but you STILL need the Attestation, Shard, and Fragment, and please by all means if you can get those three items solo, I'll quit the game.

The discussion here is whether or not getting a relic weapon from your linkshell counts as having gotten something from them...
    Your still getting something from them, Plain and simple. Either way you look at it, finishing it, upgrading it, or just getting the weapon itself is "gotten" something from them.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by UNCTGTG
    Your still getting something from them, Plain and simple. Either way you look at it, finishing it, upgrading it, or just getting the weapon itself is "gotten" something from them.
    or you can totally merc people out and buy the attestations and the fragments and all the currency, than it's really not the same.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

UNCTGTG wrote:

or you can totally merc people out and buy the attestations and the fragments and all the currency, than it's really not the same.
    Lol ya but I wonder what a LS would charge for something like that. I think LordWalik helped 4 people on his server obtain there fragment/attestation so does that count as obtaining it from said LS?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Let's suppose a few people in your LS help you farm coffer keys for artifacts for one of your jobs. Doies it constitute as "LS Help" and count towards the rewards you've gotten from the LS? Not really.

An LS is fully capable of helping one of their members get an Attestation (What are you going to do after 30 glacier runs? Kill angra?) by popping and fighting hydras, which are less boring than the *Yamn*Beastmen, as well as going and killing an animated weapon that takes less than a minute to kill, and getting a shard of necropscyhe is easily enough aquired by winning a freelot on one. Let's not make any mistakes that people are fighting the Hydra and Demon NMs just so you can get your weapon, they want relic and shadow pieces. The Attestation and Shard, and the Fragment to a lesser extent, are just bonuses along the way.

I think we can all understand and recognize that the hard part of getting a relic weapon is the gathering of currency. That's where the question lies. If you've gathered the currency yourself using your own means, the relic weapon is yours. If you've gathered the currency by sponsoring runs or having currency collected and given to you, the relic weapon has been awarded to you by the linkshell(s) that helped you out.

relic will always be group effort even if you buy all the currency yourself...unless you bought attestation and fragment too....but i don't think there is any ls willing to sell them

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sure some dynamis LS wouldn't mind swinging by an animated weapon on the way to, or after, DL and charging money. Though most would be willing to do it for mere intellectual claim on a portion of the upgraded relic.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Answer to the OP's poll.
    Yes - duh!

Speaking as someone that's used crafting to supplement my relic progress, its a huge privelage to recieve all currency drops now from my LS for the mere price of 1Mil gil because my dynamis shell wants to see a relic done.
    It is a group sacrifice for the sake of one persons gain (even if it is relic horn) that can never truly be repaid.

My katana when its finished will be thanks to all linkshells (<3 manaburn for attestation, <3 united for sponsoring rights) and individuals involved thus far. Its really cool when people are happy with the fact they contributed to its completion and they can get past concepts like 'ls property' or get hung up on whether it was the accomplishment of one or many people.
    I think people give more of a shit about the 'worthiness' of an individual as a person having a relic.

Old Merits
    BG Level

When my dyna shell finally switched from random distribution to a sponsorship process (something that, I believe had we started a year ago we would be working on relic 2 or 3 by now), it was a big discussion on how to select who would sponsor. No one can complete a relic alone, and being selected to be the primary sponsor is a great honor. Not to mention- now more than months ago especially- that a 1 mil entrance fee for 300+ coins is a pretty ridiculous bargain.

You don't get 1 mil in coins. You get 8 mil in coins, and you get lotting rights, and you get to be the one upgrading...it's hardly a situation where you are evenly compensating your shell.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

No , doesn't count. Now If the LS gave you the currency for free, then It would be a different story... But If you bought the currency, you did It yourself(Minus the atten. of course)

Old Merits
    BG Level

If your getting currency cheaper then what your ls or people in your ls could sell at, or even just have initial access to it, you are getting something from your ls period.

Quote Originally Posted by vodo
    You died 8 times in Sandy?
    Yeah, when you have under 30 people, many on epeen jobs like rng/drk, and only 2-3 people actively trying to sleep the trains from sloppy pulls, and very few people voking slept mobs, very easy to die that much

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor
    No , doesn't count. Now If the LS gave you the currency for free, then It would be a different story... But If you bought the currency, you did It yourself(Minus the atten. of course)
    Are you actually retarded or is this just a clever ruse?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

thankyou for you replys this has been helpful to me =D

New Merits
    BG Level

Sponsorship is a previllage given to you, not a right that you naturally inherited.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

All depends.

- Is the relic sponsored via 1 person farming and funding the hourglass each week (Like me)?

Then I say, yes, it was something gained from the LS, however I also bought a ton from bazaars. I educated my LS to the point where they saw trying to fund 5 relics at once is stupid, 1 / 2 at a time is more than fine, so long as the sponsors bazaar buy too, or they'll never get it done (we do it only once a week)

I see my mandau as a representative of Manaburn, my LS made this happen. If it wasnt mandau, it was going to be a staff, thank god I change my mind there. I also pick who gets to sponsor in my LS, now that i'm done, I chose 2 people who I know can take it to the end. When those two are done, I will chose another pair, or stay untill 1 is done before moving on, etc. All depends, it's all context sensetive.

What a big thing people fail to realize is, usually 1 person sponsoring a relic can yeild over 100 peices of AF2 for everyone there, but that's always ignored (usually by people who say OMG AF2 IS SO DUMB yet still go to dynamis anytime they can).

- Is the relic being sponsored by 1 LS to 1 person? (like BG)

Then in this case, I say it's entirely gained by the LS.

- Is the relic being funded entirely by bazaar?

In this case I say the relic is entirely for that person. True, their LS helped out in getting frag/attestation, however LS's help retards fight their Kurrea all the time, what's the diff?

If the person getting the relic is completely relying on their LS to get all the currency, attst., and fragment there is no doubt it is an LS item.

If the person is buying all they can and sponsoring runs with no help currency-wise, it still requires help for getting attst and fragment. I don't think a relic can 100% belong to a single person, but it can belong to an LS if it meets the top credentials.

Frankly, I don't think it matters either way... what are you going to do return the item after you quit? Yea, didn't think so. If this is to decide on what someone got from their LS, then yes, despite whether you spent all your money on it or not, you still needed help for the ra/ex items and in respect that is the linkshell's which could have gone to someone else.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'd give this an unequivocal yes. The member who gets to sponsor is likely a trusted member of the shell and a lot of effort and sacrificed time/experience goes into helping the sponsor receive the currency to upgrade a weapon. This is especially true for the shell members who have no AF2 to gain in a zone, yet still spending 3-4 hours of their time helping another.

I'd be willing to say getting a relic weapon is probably one of the biggest things a linkshell can help you obtain due to the time required to get one (or gil). Perhaps less so if the player mostly funded all the currency, but there's still the matter of the attestation/fragment.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

hmm

I agree with some others. This isn't as black-and-white as it seems. For example, my linkshell did not help me acquire any currency but the last 700 for an Aegis. They did help me acquire the attestation and the fragment is tomorrow. So if you're looking for an answer, it's a question of effort vs. reward. I am very active in my end game linkshell and I was elected to sponsor all dynamis for the month of July, but other than that, I've gotten all the rest of the currency on my own from bazaars and such.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artica
    I'd give this an unequivocal yes. The member who gets to sponsor is likely a trusted member of the shell and a lot of effort and sacrificed time/experience goes into helping the sponsor receive the currency to upgrade a weapon. This is especially true for the shell members who have no AF2 to gain in a zone, yet still spending 3-4 hours of their time helping another.

I'd be willing to say getting a relic weapon is probably one of the biggest things a linkshell can help you obtain due to the time required to get one (or gil). Perhaps less so if the player mostly funded all the currency, but there's still the matter of the attestation/fragment.
    That being said, and rember I used to be in your Dynamis shell, did Ixidorr ever prove he was upgrading? Because I've always wondered ever since I left SaF.