Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Does obtaining Relic from a linkshell count as somthing gotten from that ls?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes(i class obtaining relic as getting somthing from linkshell)

155 89.08%
  • no(i dont think relic is getting somthing from linkshell)

19 10.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Relic ~ query     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Relic ~ query

A question to all endgame people out there as you are most likely in a linkshell who lets members sponsor to obtain currency upgrade their relic weapon.

what i would like to see is how many of you count this as getting somthing from that linkshell(ie. the manhours spent as support) or do you class it as seperate (ie. they paid the sponsor money thats their choice)

thankyou~

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

If it's sponsored or banked then duh, yes. Sponsoring in of itself is a privilege given by the linkshell to the person obtaining the relic.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the question says "Is x really x?"

anyone who says "no" is pretty stupid.

i'd say the only condition in which it's "no", is if the LS only gets you the Attestation and Fragment.

if any portion of the currency is from the LS, than it's an LS rewarded item (not counting a possible loan of whatever that gets returned coin for coin).

If the person sponsors all the runs for their currency, then they earned it themself.

If the Linkshell is paying the Hourglass Fee, then the linkshell gave it to them.

I don't know of any LS on Seraph that allow individual members to sponsor a Dynamis. All of them are paid for by the Linkshell Leader (From some sort of HNMLS Fund, and typically the Leader is the first to get a relic).

I personally wouldn't go to a dynamis where any random Joe Schmo could pay 1M and get all the currency for the run. That sounds like a system built entirely around greed and personal ambition, rather than a system oriented at making a unified, powerful Dynamis LS.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Do you really think the people who are being given the opportunity to sponsor are actually viewed as altruistic beings set out to make everyone around them stronger by proxy? Our 3 sponsors are expected to out of pocket the hourglass fee, no fund to take from.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    If the person sponsors all the runs for their currency, then they earned it themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    I personally wouldn't go to a dynamis where any random Joe Schmo could pay 1M and get all the currency for the run.
    don't you think those 2 things are contradictory?

obviously, it wouldn't/shouldn't be some random Joe Schmo, but if it's one single individual decided on by the LS officers/members, than does your first statement qualify?

Ryko's got it right, the right to sponsor is already something the LS is rewarding. earning that right from the LS, is getting something from the LS.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Ryko's got it right, the right to sponsor is already something the LS is rewarding. earning that right from the LS, is getting something from the LS.
    This is a true statement.

Linkshell reward, hands down.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The right to sponsor a raid is a massive benefit from the LS. Nothing like 1m gil for 300-400 (or more) coins.

The wording makes it pretty obviously a LS reward, there's different ways to distribute currency in dynamis linkshells however, not just sponsors vs single pool given to individuals for full upgrade (excluding lv1 and 2 is still full upgrade, those are jokes).

Whether someone pays for the hourglass or not is also not really a factor, considering a single party doing Dynamis Windurst would probably get over the 20ish currency needed to equate 1mil's worth in the current market. Hourglasses are just plain free, even a Xarc run with no 100 coins is more efficiently spent gil than bazaar buying ever since individual currency have gone over 10k each.

Any situation where you got the majority to all of your currency from a LS, you can say its a LS reward. If you got most of your currency through other means (bazaars, previous linkshells, gifts from people quitting, whatever) then you can say the LS helped, but its not really a LS item. If I relied exclusively on LS currency for my upgrade, I'd have Dynamis Knuckles and a couple thousand coins, not Spharai.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sponsoring is by all means an ls gift. Now if your ls is set up with the intent of finishing relic and before you join and there is an agreement that "We will sponsor relics since we want to see some people finish, and when they finish the weapon is theirs." Then by all means it's theirs, but they should appreciate the gift.

In my case I get almost all my currency from bazaars. I have no guaranteed currency, I have to compete with coin-resellers, other relic upgraders, and people seeking coins for af2 +1. This means I pay full price, farm/craft/event exclusively while on, and have to use my mules to bazaar hunt while doing something else several times a day. So if you can somehow infer that paying a whole 1mil gil to get exclusive access to non-market coins isn't an ls gift equivalent to any other item then FUCK YOU!

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

My way of thinking is that, even if a person pays for the glass and all the currency dropped in that particular run goes to him/her, it's still an LS effort. After all, without all the other people going, the person who's paying for the glass would not be able to do the dynamis.

It's extremely difficult to say that any relic weapon gained inside a Linkshell is not considered an LS gift, because everyone, especially the person trying to get the weapon, relies on everyone else.

Last run my LS did was Sandy, we got 4 x 100 pieces and almost 200 singles. Do I think the people that'll get that currency are benefitting from my 8 deaths? Fuck yes.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You died 8 times in Sandy?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I must know the backstory to this poll.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vodo
    You died 8 times in Sandy? :?
    An LS on my server has people losing 8k+ XP on 40man Sandy runs :(

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

obviously its an LS gift, cause stated on page 1 even if you paid the run, the LS still helps you to get it.

Ryko's right, yet again...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The answer is obviously yes.

Even if you don't take into account things like the time spent by all these people to get these coins and the work put into it, then look at simple math.

Person pays 1mil to get anywhere from 200-600+ coins (except COP zones.) urrency I believe goes anywhere from 3+ mil, depending ont he server. So person pays 1 mil for something thats worth at least 6mil.
    You better fukin believe its the privelege that is given only by the linkshell

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I can't even believe this is really a question. You CAN"T EVEN FINISH A RELIC WITHOUT A LS HELP. Sure you can buy all the coins needed outside in bazaars but you STILL need the Attestation, Shard, and Fragment, and please by all means if you can get those three items solo, I'll quit the game.

Even if you are only allowed to sponsor 1-2 runs a month, the LS is saving your hundreds of millions in gil to finish your relic over time. Depending on the LS, they could use that gil to fund other things or hell sell it on open market and give back to the LS members that attended. So yes it's a gift from said LS.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by UNCTGTG
    I can't even believe this is really a question. You CAN"T EVEN FINISH A RELIC WITHOUT A LS HELP. Sure you can buy all the coins needed outside in bazaars but you STILL need the Attestation, Shard, and Fragment, and please by all means if you can get those three items solo, I'll quit the game.
    The discussion here is whether or not getting a relic weapon from your linkshell counts as having gotten something from them...