Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Animated Weapon Warp Conditions?

Has anyone discovered a way to prevent or slow down the time it takes for an Animated Weapon to warp?

I ask because we've been trying to get a particular fragment, but the NM is warping about 15-20 seconds after aggroing. And then other NMs stay out for over a minute without warping.

Case in Point:
    Tried to kill the Animated G.Katana. Had a THF sac pull so the satellites would chase him, then we did the usual zerg tactics (2x Kraken DRK, Chainspells, Manafonts, etc). My Kraken DRK got a whopping 4 swings in before he warped.

Then, just for shits and giggles we ran up to fight the other weapon nearby (I think Great Axe?) and we stood there whacking at it for well over a minute before it warped.

Has anyone figured out ways to delay the warping, or what causes it? It sucks because we can only go to Xarcabard once every 2 weeks due to other LS Schedules, and we probably have enough currency for 2-3 relics but can't get these fragments.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Having your THF argo the weapon wastes valuable time, try fighting it head on and you'll prob notice itll stay around longer.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If I recall, Lordwafik said something about the Animated Tachi warping fast, and attributed it to heavy magic use because he runs Manaburn dynamis. The G.Katana probably just warps faster than the other weapons.

Read something a while ago about Dynamis weapon skills keeping its interest. No clue if there was any truth to it though.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by PussPuss
    Read something a while ago about Dynamis weapon skills keeping its interest. No clue if there was any truth to it though.
    Nah, that was debunked awhile ago by Jaypee's efforts to get Bravura I think.

Keeping an animated weapon's interest seems to be just zerging it with high damage attacks.

I want to believe there is a more strategic approach >.>

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's been stated before that to keep the animated weapons around you have to keep them "interested" in your battle tactics. With that in mind, I belive that depending on the weapon, you have to use certain JAs/Weaponskills/magic to keep it interested in you. For example, when fighting the horn, people spammed songs on it, and its actions and text in /say seemed to suggest that the songs were keeping it interested. I've fought the Gax and the shield as well, they seem to be attracted to weaponskills. Staggering your WSs instead of burning them at the start seemed to keep them "interested" and stopped them from warping.

The last time we fought the Gax, we noticed that it started casting warp 3 times, but each time was interrupted even though no stun WSs were used. Every time it started casting warp, people had used normal WSs (including metatron torment, that may have an effect on it too) which seems to suggest that it suddenly became interested in you again and stopped warping.

Perhaps you need to use WSs of the same weapon to keep the animated weapons interested? Did you have any samurais using WSs on the GK? Did you WS the gax consistently?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

At the end of one of my ls's Xarcabard runs we had a couple minutes left over so I decided to go die horribly to the animated knuckles. All I did was walk up until it aggroed, didn't do anything to it. He started summoning little knuckles and giving his bit on showing him my fighting spirit. All I did was run away though, like I ran up to him and immediately ran and the first thing during the "fight" was him being intrigued. No, I did not spam high damage ws or Final Heaven as I ran, I just ran up, aggroed him, and ran as if to mpk my ls.

It was my understanding that they don't normally start off intrigued, we fought the katana a few times and I didn't notice that, so kinda weird.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

my opinion

We've killed several fragments with lower numbers and have found that to be our advantage. one time we went with heavy melee (not normal for us) and had the whole prebuilt tp / Icarus wing thing going on.. we noticed that alot of early weapon skill usage pisses it off and causes it to leave.

If you stick w/ 2 kraken drks and save melee for WS stun or blm's for elemental seal stun (works on horn, not on staff.. needs testing on others) you may find it to work.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It probably had something to do with the THF pulling them away. They don't have shared hate so the instant everything is aggroed/summoned have everyone engage the item and hopefully BLM's will wait until it's clear to -aga.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    It probably had something to do with the THF pulling them away. They don't have shared hate so the instant everything is aggroed/summoned have everyone engage the item and hopefully BLM's will wait until it's clear to -aga.
    when our LS killed animated horn, i managed to ES+Sleepga the satellites as WHM/BLM. dunno if it's exclusive to the horn, but might be able to sleep other satellites.

ps: hammer is a bitch =/ spams phalanx to make your WARs cry

When it warps, it's actually using the spell Warp. Did you try stunning it? All attempts I've heard of for killing these things, Stun works fine.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

We found out the first time we fought shield that all I had to do with the sattelites was diaga and run away with only crimson and they couldn't keep up with me.

Maybe shield is completely different than the rest but I just ran around xarc with 10 shields floating after me doing nothing, was good times.

Old Merits
    BG Level

pusspuss let's go get some information by fighting the tabar >.>; We can report back the info here...

My experience with the knuckles seems to back to the theory that the relic WS holds their attention, it wasn't specifically tested so definitely could be other factors. Short version is in my experience the 2 attempts (1 failed and 1 kill) I was able to FH it, it stayed much longer, while the 2 attempts I wasn't able to (died too fast once, was on THF the other) it warped within 30 seconds.

The Tachi having a shorter timer would make sense if the relic WS holds their attention, since a SAM could obviously spam Tachi: Kaiten and holds its attention forever if the timer was the same as for other weapons.

kk

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We tried my Animated Longsword for the first time Monday. It wasnt planned or anything, we just had the time and decided to go for it. (I had to warp and go by wings). This was our first animated weapon fight.
    http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/images/ ... longsword/

Got him down to 10%, I honestly didnt even think we were going to get past 50-60%.

He tends to say his "uninterested comments back to back in the video. Yes sleepaga stuck, and actually stuck until he used a curaga around 40%. Its really hard to tell though what he might be uninterested in due to the speed of the chat log.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

While the Relic WS may interest them, they are definately not the only way to do so. When we did sheild, we had no relic weapons, but periodically throughout the fight we would get "The animated shield is amused." Of course, a few seconds later it would be bored, then amused, etc.

Horn was different, it never got amused no matter what we did. To bring it down...basically was just an all out dmg and stun fest.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Not to sound retardedly off topic, but anyone ever play Devil May Cry? Where you get your silly stylish rating by doing a variety of different attacks instead of spamming your highest damage thing. It's kind of off from how the rest of the game is designed but my best guess is it works -something- like this. The weapons do seem to get really pissed when you lead off with a bajillion thundaga IIIs, and have seemed to stick around longer in my experience the more things are coming at them. Dunno

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

When we did it for my Kikoku we zerg'd hard the first time, DL style, only to see it warp in 10 secs. Metsu made no noticeable difference in the mobs text or duration.

Our main dynamis puller made the interesting observation that perhaps it's similar to the way nin's use Mijin Gakure- they tend not to blow (as early) if you are doing consistent damage over time.

Try simul-ga a nin down to 50% at once, and it'll /emo almost every time.

I believe this is similar to the script used for Animated Weapons warping.. do consistent damage over time and you should get at least 30 seconds, push hard the last 40%. This method has worked well for us.