Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that I would continue to play this game without windower.
    Yes

Bye SE

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been permanently suspended.
    It would be funny if Sirlancealot wasnt suspended and Nynja was.

Septislut Sexy Brigade
    BG Level

Jul. 21, 2006 06:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been permanently suspended.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 2,000 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Jul. 21, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of this third-party tool.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy their games safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news8139.shtml

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

*runs around with his hair on fire*

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SE vomited:
    but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities.
    OMG, Windower leads to stronger drugs! Like gil buying!

Banning people for using a program that allows PC customers something that should have been in the starter software anyway is fucking retarded. I mean lets think about it. If SE thought that people wouldn't use the internet to try and help them get further into missions, complete quests, look up how to get armor and stuff like that, then SE is stupid (I know thats already been proven) for thinking that we wouldn't try and find a program to make our lives easier instead of having to buy a second computer for the sole purpose to check the internet because SE wouldn't allow FFXI to be windowed. SE can't ban our accounts for something that is their fault really thats all it comes down to.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I wonder if this had something to do with me crashing out of POL during besieged last night. LOL it crashed RIGHT before the last mob was killed. When I logged back in, I had lost all of the XP and IS I earned for that besieged.
    Nope, that is fairly standard. Part of the challenge of besieged is staying connected to the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    SE can't ban our accounts for something that is their fault really thats all it comes down to.
    Actually they can ;( Not very smart of them, but whatever. When has SE ever been smart about anything?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

From POL Site this morning

Based on the results of an investigation, over 2,000 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Jul. 21, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of this third-party tool.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy their games safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
    All of my accounts are fine as of 9:00AM EST this morning.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I almost quit this game way back when I was lvl 30 until I found out about windower. Didnt like logging out every time to check internet for quests, etc. SE is apparently fucking retarded. Can someone quote the pol announcement? Im at work and cant access it.

That news update sounds like they're doing something against RMTers yet they're fucking the real players over AGAIN, good job SE

/em spams F5

This didn't straight out say windower...but I guess it was implied.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

One of my friends was at Ulli. Mijin gakure'd to go home. Landed in moghouse and POOF. Right to jail.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by From the press release
    Oh noes! People are windowing out to use... IM programs? Firefox?

The entire statement had me rolling, but I nearly died at the bolded part. Oh well, just another notch to add to the list of reasons why I closed my account.

EDIT: If the problem was movement related, any status on Sirlancelot? /rimshot

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Just a Q to anyone who did get suspended, so we can clear it up.

Did you speed hack? Reply only if you have the balls enough to be honest. At least we can see who is safe and who isnt.

Did you speed hack even the slightest, even if it was to try it for a min because it was fun? Did you use Flee or such recently?

If you did hack and dont want to admit it, dont reply.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Both my friend and I have windower and w legs....Does w legs count as abnormal movement now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Just a Q to anyone who did get suspended, so we can clear it up.

Did you speed hack? Reply only if you have the balls enough to be honest. At least we can see who is safe and who isnt.

Did you speed hack even the slightest, even if it was to try it for a min because it was fun? Did you use Flee or such recently?

If you did hack and dont want to admit it, dont reply.
    Both my friend and I were banned for speed before. Neither of us have touched it since....only speed we have is w legs

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Apparently, it nailed anyone with 'abnormal movement' at random occassions, even in the -past-

I'm still fine as of right now.

I can tell you though, some people who used those fleetool and pos religiously are still around.

This looks like a scare ban, we nailed 2000 ppl and we will come for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    /em spams F5

This didn't straight out say windower...but I guess it was implied.
    They didn't even imply Windower, they're pointing right at fleetool.

So be sure to check your servers and see who has been banned, I want to see lots of juicy "zomg hypocrite" topics within the next hour.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's not windower, read the news. It's fleetool, pos.exe and probably for some reason single boxing multiple accounts. Which would explain why small groups of gilsellers are gone on Ramuh.

booya!

I'm sooo glad I've never even tried any of that warp shit just to try it. If they banned for just windower they would have been so screwed, I'm glad they're keeping that one neutral.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast