Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Merit Point Additions(07/22/2006)

With the upcoming merit point additions, you will be able to improve your character even further with all-new abilities and spells in the existing 15 job categories.
    Merit point job categories will also become available for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.

Merit Point Categories
    The existing 15 job categories will be improved to allow players the opportunity to further customize their level 75 characters with unique abilities.
    These improved categories will include 4 to 8 abilities for each job. Depending on the distribution of merit points, it will be possible for players to access multiple new abilities.
    Check out the upcoming version update news for what's in store.

- Subcategories
    The 15 existing job categories will be divided into subcategories. Group 1 will include conventional abilities, while Group 2 will include the new job abilities, job traits, and spells.

- Accessing New Abilities
    You can access Group 2 abilities by spending 1 point on the ability you wish to learn. Additional points spent on the same ability will shorten the recast time or enhance the effect (refer to the help text for each ability to learn the specific bonus).
    Lowering the number of merit points in an ability to zero will cause it to disappear from your ability list.

- Ability Point Maximums
    The Group 1 and Group 2 subcategories have separate totals for the maximum number of possible ability increases. Spending merit points to improve conventional abilities will not affect the acquisition of the new abilities.

Merit Points for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters
    In the upcoming version update, merit point job categories will be added for the three new jobs introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.
    These categories will initially contain only the Group 1 subcategory, allowing players to improve the basic abilities for these jobs.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../684/684_2.jpg[/img]

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

=D

finally more ways for people to distinguish themselves from others

Quote Originally Posted by masag0
    =D

finally more ways for people to distinguish themselves from others
    and eventually maxing out all the same traits to be different in the same way ^_^

add: expansions are fun :D

Banned.

BG Level

THUNDER V,

BLM IS SAVED,

I HOPE

Re: Merit Point Additions(07/22/2006)

If its the same for all jobs... 4 Sub Categories... 6+2 Elements. . .

EDIT: LOLWTFNVM theres a scroll bar in the SS. . . im tired

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    THUNDER V,

BLM IS SAVED,

I HOPE
    shit time to max out my merits. I spent a bunch on h2h for my level 15 mnk ; ;

Banned.

BG Level

HOLY SHIT.

EPIC WIN BY SE.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

While this looks awsome, am I the only one who is nervous of the wording? No where on SEs site about this did I see them mention this will be in the update on monday.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Fucking finally. XD is this on the upcoming update?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I really doubt they'd announce this three days before a major patch and not include it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios
    While this looks awsome, am I the only one who is nervous of the wording? No where on SEs site about this did I see them mention this will be in the update on monday.
    Shut up 10 post.... shut up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That summoner merit point window only allows 6 total increases. I wonder if all 6 of the new BPs cap at one level, or if you can forgo a couple of them and make one or two stronger than normal.

If they cap at one, it's only 18 merit points to finish the entire group.

Quote Originally Posted by Falce

You can access Group 2 abilities by spending 1 point on the ability you wish to learn. Additional points spent on the same ability will shorten the recast time or enhance the effect (refer to the help text for each ability to learn the specific bonus).
    Its just like all the other catagories, you can make one strong, or get a little bit of everything

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Im awaiting for RDM spells. Reflect, Reffresh II O.o IM GOING FAKING CRAZY!!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    That summoner merit point window only allows 6 total increases. I wonder if all 6 of the new BPs cap at one level, or if you can forgo a couple of them and make one or two stronger than normal.

edit: Someone beat me to it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

And this is why I've been sitting at 10/10 merits for a week without spending any.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp

If I read it right, the first merit you put into it learns the spell or ability, and all merits after just lower the recast.
    That's how I read it too, but it just seems weird for Blood Pacts.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Shut up 10 post.... shut up.
    The only reason jerk-offs like you have 2000+ posts is because you
    A.) Comment on every stupid ass thing that comes up, and make fun of people for no reason.
    B.) Lack any real social life.

I honestly think more of someone's opinion if they have fewer posts. They are more reserved and often only speak up if they have a strong standpoint and/or a good one. You however, just flame threads/people for no reason.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falce
    With the upcoming merit point additions, you will be able to improve your character even further with all-new abilities and spells in the existing 15 job categories.
    Merit point job categories will also become available for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.

Merit Point Categories
    The existing 15 job categories will be improved to allow players the opportunity to further customize their level 75 characters with unique abilities.
    These improved categories will include 4 to 8 abilities for each job. Depending on the distribution of merit points, it will be possible for players to access multiple new abilities.
    Check out the upcoming version update news for what's in store.

- Subcategories
    The 15 existing job categories will be divided into subcategories. Group 1 will include conventional abilities, while Group 2 will include the new job abilities, job traits, and spells.

Lowering the number of merit points in an ability to zero will cause it to disappear from your ability list.

- Ability Point Maximums
    The Group 1 and Group 2 subcategories have separate totals for the maximum number of possible ability increases. Spending merit points to improve conventional abilities will not affect the acquisition of the new abilities.

Merit Points for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters
    In the upcoming version update, merit point job categories will be added for the three new jobs introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.
    These categories will initially contain only the Group 1 subcategory, allowing players to improve the basic abilities for these jobs.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../684/684_2.jpg[/img]

The way those two sentences are worded it sounds like they are adding the "basic" merits for the three new jobs, and in a later update adding the custom merits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast