Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If anyone still cares about AV..(lolsea)

It just popped on Cerberus and we're pretty much clueless, tried having BLMs aga3 the wynavs and setup tank PT with PLD/NIN..had it ok despite heavy AOEs until 98%, then it did Hundred Fists and needless to say we died.

Tried DRG with Love Halberd, MNK with Faith Baghnakhs, Ebon Panels, we're completely clueless as to how to handle it, right now we're just sacrificing it away to keep it popped..I know, I read the entire other AV thread but didn't want to necrobump it.

Does anyone have any ideas that maybe were overlooked or not tried? Going inside to check the Ix'aerns now..

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You need a hero. Look for a hero before the end of the night.

E. Body
    BG Level

up right now on remora lolz, the ls that popped hsa been Gfootprint stalling for 3 hours, have killed multiple ix's and a jailer and no dice on locking 2-hrs, dunon what else they tried.

they have 3 aegis's so as soon as they lock the 2-hrs they're good to straight tank!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

To turn off 2hrs you must have a member of your LS permanently banned.

Think of it as a sacrifice for the greater good.

Old Merits
    BG Level

See AV will get tired of fucking your entire LS collectively up the ass. When he runs out of MP or stops 2hring that is when to go in for the kill. If he doesn't ever stop 2hring you are up shit creek without a paddle.

We're just having a SMN with gaiters assault it and run north away from the pop point to keep it up..:/

E. Body
    BG Level

goblin footprint yo.

Re: If anyone still cares about AV..(lolsea)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    It just popped on Cerberus and we're pretty much clueless, tried having BLMs aga3 the wynavs and setup tank PT with PLD/NIN..had it ok despite heavy AOEs until 98%, then it did Hundred Fists and needless to say we died.

Tried DRG with Love Halberd, MNK with Faith Baghnakhs, Ebon Panels, we're completely clueless as to how to handle it, right now we're just sacrificing it away to keep it popped..I know, I read the entire other AV thread but didn't want to necrobump it.

Does anyone have any ideas that maybe were overlooked or not tried? Going inside to check the Ix'aerns now..
    Assholes. Stop holding an NM so others dont have a chance to fight it. Figure out your strategy before you pop it, or face the consequences.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Re: If anyone still cares about AV..(lolsea)

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert

Assholes. Stop holding an NM so others dont have a chance to fight it. Figure out your strategy before you pop it, or face the consequences.
    [GM]Landisl is not going to let you get away with this!

I smell [GM]Teelow

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've been solo tanking AV for like, 2hrs now, while weakened. Gogo Goblin Footprint power!!

What we've confirmed:

1) A RDM, after I had 'aggro lock' on AV, engaged AV with a jailer weapon and hit. AV has since done Chainspell.

2) We killed Ix'MNK after I had 'aggro lock' on AV. AV has since used Hundred Fists (hah, actualy used it as I was typing out 'Hundred Fists').

3) We killed Jailer of Faith after I had 'aggro lock' on AV. AV has since used Manafont.

So basically, we have determined that hitting AV with a jailer weapon doesn't negate 2hr, killing Ix'Whatever doesn't negate 2hr, killing Jailers (at least in a different zone) does not negate 2hrs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Just give up now, it's not worth it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Narse
    I've been solo tanking AV for like, 2hrs now, while weakened. Gogo Goblin Footprint power!!

What we've confirmed:

1) A RDM, after I had 'aggro lock' on AV, engaged AV with a jailer weapon and hit. AV has since done Chainspell.

2) We killed Ix'MNK after I had 'aggro lock' on AV. AV has since used Hundred Fists (hah, actualy used it as I was typing out 'Hundred Fists').

3) We killed Jailer of Faith after I had 'aggro lock' on AV. AV has since used Manafont.

So basically, we have determined that hitting AV with a jailer weapon doesn't negate 2hr, killing Ix'Whatever doesn't negate 2hr, killing Jailers (at least in a different zone) does not negate 2hrs.
    Wait wait wait wait. Didn't you guys say you knew the "secret" to locking its 2 hours, and wouldn't tell other linkshells when they asked? Didn't you guys also say you could do this easily without the wall?

Aers fix that fucking ugly nigger screenshot it's too fucking big and worthless

E. Body
    BG Level

on a side note,

they just got full drops from jailer of hope, and faith dropped virtue too. i think both mnk and drk dropped deed.

So you had a drg with love halbert and stones equiped and engaged on AV when he popped and he still smned his wyvnas?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Welcome to old fucking news, plenty of other linkshells have tried engaging with weapons and it didn't stop any 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Welcome to old fucking news, plenty of other linkshells have tried engaging with weapons and it didn't stop any 2 hours.

Guess i missed the memo, maybe it was on Fox news, hence i didnt see it.

Not to mention, engaging with weapons, and stones equipped and all that jazz was a more completely question.

A more complete answer then just "we tried that thing".

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Quote Originally Posted by Volken

Guess i missed the memo, maybe it was on Fox news, hence i didnt see it.
    wow good one

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wanna know what I think?

anyone whos gunna engage AV burn your 2hours before engaging...

so everyone whos engaged to AV has no 2hr, maybe it won't have two hours? Since Sea is like what, the opposite of ground?

Iunno if thats been tested or not, haven't read anything in any other forums or threads, dont really feel like reading the 50+ pages of AV threads TBQH, just goin off of memory from what I read ealier this year...

if it two hours so be it, was a theory anyways...

Just for the record, No I dont have Sea, but thats still what I think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast