36 36.36%
  • Serious

63 63.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    I'd be perfectly content with a hot, asian boyfriend, casual or serious, I don't care. I'd be happy
    I'm hot and asian, let's go out for a drink.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I would never think about suddenly going up to one of my female friends that I've known a long time and say "hey, wanna have sex on a regular basis but still be friends?" because it can never be the same afterwards I don't think.
    lol... this is basically all I have been doing for the past 3 years :X

Fuck buddies own! OWN!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    One thing I never understood about people who were set on only having casual relationships: Why? Isn't that like getting on a gameshow only for the door prizes?

The only arguements I've ever heard against serious relationships have always been reasons of fear, such as the fear of getting smothered or locked into an unhappy relationship. I couldn't imagine living my live so heavily motivated by my fears, so I've always assumed there was more to it. I have friends who don't like serious relations who've tried to explain it, but it almost always come to the same conclusion; A general fear of commitment.

Now I'm not against casual relationships, they are certainly an important step on the way to a more meaningful one. But what I've tried and failed to understand is why so many people see it as a destination rather than a path to one.
    It could have something to do with the fairly young demographic of this message board. (Late teens to mid to late 20s.) Then some of the older folks are probably sick to death of seeing relationships in various states of decay, failure, ruin, dysfunction, misery, etc. I have no respect for marriage or even serious relationships because I see so few that seem to be actually worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    It could have something to do with the fairly young demographic of this message board. (Late teens to mid to late 20s.) Then some of the older folks are probably sick to death of seeing relationships in various states of decay, failure, ruin, dysfunction, misery, etc. I have no respect for marriage or even serious relationships because I see so few that seem to be actually worth the effort.
    It's a sad truth.

I can't say I'm all that satisfied with how our world is turning out. People seem to be satisfied with less and less these days. From the latest bullshit TV show to the newest barfed up game... it's like people are so easily amused. No wonder depression rates double each year.

I see people "happy" in their shitty relationships all the time because of the simple fact that they don't know anything better than that. They've never been exposed to anything better, so how can they look towards something better?

Maybe we'll look back at this age, repulsed, and change things. Maybe we will stop satisfying ourselves with the lowest quality experience. The fast food industry might have to actually produce "food" again. Schools will actually go back to educating the nation's youth. Churches will stop preying on the fears of man, and instead, inspire and enlighten them.

Maybe people will turn to another human being, once again, and see that a relationship is not a self serving tool to become a happy person, but a challenging ordeal that unlocks one of the most blissful aspects of life if you are ready and capable of dealing with it.

Frankly, I think bliss is exactly what our society currently fears the most.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    I'd be perfectly content with a hot, asian boyfriend, casual or serious, I don't care. I'd be happy
    pix plz

I finally saw Equilibrium a couple of weeks ago. Poor poor Taye Digs ;;

8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bebopaloo
    I finally saw Equilibrium a couple of weeks ago. Poor poor Taye Digs ;;
    lol nigga got owned

He didnt really do anything badass throughout the whole damn movie. The one raid they were doing on the sense offenders, he had an automatic rifle. So not badass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

pix plz
    See you on AIM in 12 hours time.

8=====>

BG Level

i'm going to be at the hospital. can't be on aim then.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

8 from now?

8=====>

BG Level

8 from now?
    be gone all morning =/