• Serious

63 63.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Thoughts on Casual vs. Serious Relationships?

So, basically I want to know guys opinions on this matter. You (what..5ish?) girls can chip in too, but I really want to know what guys think on this.

If you need some help clarifying, I'd say a serious relationship would be one where you see the person nearly everyday, spend alot of your time with them, pay for them for nearly everything (food, movies, gifts), have a generally good time with them, show lots of public displays of affection like kissing and holding hands and wrapping your arms around one another at the movies etc., etc., and in the end you two would probably go home and have sex or what have you.

I'd say a casual relationship would be you hang out a couple times a week, but when you're out you're out as friends. The girl can pay for herself, and you don't really show public displays of affection other than like little things. But if both of you are into it at the end of the night you still go home and have sex, but it's not like a big deal, you're just having fun.

So I guess I'd say it's more of a question of would you rather have a serious relationship, or a really cool friend with benefits? Keep in mind that neither of you would be sleeping around, so keep the STD argument out of it, and I just wanna know what you have to say.

Me personally? I'd be more into a casual thing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

By your rationale I'd say the casual thing is more my speed. For starters. I will admit I do want something that'll last a long time and turn into something more meaningful someday further on down the line, but I'd hate to get the feeling that I'm being smothered by some chick, seeing her everyday. I've been in that kind of situation before and it just gets so tiresome. It's like it turns into an obligation now just to stick with this girl. But no, I'm not scared of commitment or anything like that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I like both. I lean more towards serious relationships. They don't come that often though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I demand to know why you are asking about this >:3!

but really, I like serious relationships personaly, but thats just me.. Im not really sure why tho... but yea, defintly serious relationships for me ;p

I have to say casually serious... I mean it's ridiculous to think that you have to spend every waking moment of your free time with the person you like. If that's what he or she insists, then they need to re-evaluate themselves and their relationship.

Don't get me wrong though, it's nice to spend alot of time with your significant other, but when it becomes more of an obligation than something that you both want, only problems can arise from that.

*Warning: If you're not interested in my RL, skip this part, thx -mgmt.*

and on that note... I miss my girlfriend!! I haven't seen her since the 10th and spoken to her since the 16th. She's been out of country.. then out of town for a week.

WHAT A DECEPTION!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milks
    I like both. I lean more towards serious relationships. They don't come that often though.
    Holy crap! hello Milks!

You and Lia are cute together, are you in the 'friend zone' or something or is she like.. your cousin? Then again.. you live in Alabama, it's all relative there.. ho ho ho I'm too funny

bye Milks :D

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm into more serious relationships. At the same time though, if the girl doesn't work and you see her every time you're home it becomes an annoyance.

I like serious relationships but the girl has to have friends to, that they go hang out with, at least once in a while. I like a bit of me time.

That's what happened with my last relationship, my girlfriend lost her job, hung around a ton more than usual, and I got supremely annoyed with her, and then had to choke a bitch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbelina
    Quote Originally Posted by Milks
    Holy crap! hello Milks!

You and Lia are cute together, are you in the 'friend zone' or something or is she like.. your cousin? Then again.. you live in Alabama, it's all relative there.. ho ho ho I'm too funny

bye Milks :D

Thats not true, you are thinking of Arkansas or Kentucky. Oh and Milks come to Orange Beach, I'm bored.

Lbelle - Depends on the situation, go with your gut feeling. Sometimes its nice to just be more casual than serious. It is good though every once in a while to have a serious relationship, just don't get burned out like some people.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I just bought my first house with my fiancee of 4 years. If i could do it all over again, id say casual relationships throughout high school and college. Those 2 things alone prove to be a huge strain on a serious relationship, can can end up hindering you in the end. I read the following in an issue of FHM, and its true to the T.

Edit: Heres a video...watch and take this home and chew it up!

http://FHMUS.com/graduation

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    By your rationale I'd say the casual thing is more my speed. For starters. I will admit I do want something that'll last a long time and turn into something more meaningful someday further on down the line, but I'd hate to get the feeling that I'm being smothered by some chick, seeing her everyday.
    On the point, I'd like to agree. Further down the line, I'm definitely more into a serious commitment with someone that I love. But for this post, and I should have said it earlier I'm talking about first couple years of college behavior, and not later on in life!

-- Thanks for all the input so far guys

Edit: Tyche: Congrats on buying your house!!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd go for serious but alot of chicks are crazy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Fact.

Xavier

Serious.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Serious relationship with a girl that can actually handle commitment and trust. Women love to get on men about that a lot, but they're just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    chicks are crazy man... My last girlfriend.. only dated her for like two months, then SHE broke up with ME.

Now all she does is complain that I never talk to her anymore. not only that, she always tries to start drama with my friends by degrading them or making fun of them somehow and I always have to defend them, then she gets pissy when I take my friend's side versus her side. Then she wonders why I give her the cold shoulder if she IMs me or sends me a myspace message or whatever.

Finally, last night, (Niro knows about this, I talked to him about it) She was starting up again. (note that she spoke to me first in this next part) After almost an hour of her arguing with me over stupid bullcrap and complaining about everything she asks me

"What do you want from me!?"

I reply:

"Nothing"

and she's all:

"So you never want to talk to me again?"

I say:

"If all you're going to do is talk down to my friends and cause drama... No. No I don't."

Then she's all:

"Fine! I'm sorry it had to end this way." (note, it ended almost three months ago, why won't she let go?) SRSLY!! That girl is a total case.

Edit: Oh yeah, and proceeded to block me on AIM and delete me from her myspace.. like I even give a crap. Ohh.. my feelings are sooo hurt, boo hoo what will I do now?

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME!?

I'll have to go with one of each here.

But seriously, the perfect relationship would be a casual fuck buddy that only slept with you. Thats... pretty much perfect. Seriously relationships always end up with stupid ass fights.

I actually broke up with my last serious gf becuase of several gay ass fights that never should have happened. But she had this whole idea in her head about what her boyfriend was 'supposed' to do.

Relationships just get in the way of some good ole' fashion fucking imo.

I'm all about "quality over quantity". You can have sex a bazillion times with a bazillion different people and still never experience once the joys of someone who had a single perfect sexual encounter.

Plus, all of the times I saw "friends with benefits" in action, it was rather creepy. Some people try to use sex as a completely physical recreational activity and ignore its emotional impact. I see this as faulty, as there's no better way to enhance a sexual experience than through a deeply emotional relationship.

I'm not against casual sex, but as I see it, it pales in comparison to a truly meaningful relationship.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

In my experience, all of them.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME!?
    I'VE MADE MY MISTAKES!

My vote is for serious, but your definition of the guy pays for everything is pretty inaccurate. If you are in a serious relationship, the girl should treat the guy once in awhile too... Maybe during the courting process before you are serious, like going out on dates and getting to know each other, the guy will pay all the time, but once you cross the serious line, women should have an equal share of the expenses. Equality is what y'all have always wanted right???

Oh and I agree about girls being crazy, fuckin psychos man.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Haha this is turning into an actually interesting-to-read post!

But it seems like alot of you have had to deal with fucking insane crazy girls. My friend Veritas said to me once, "Leah, 99% of girls are psycho or attention whores and the other 1% are normal." And honestly, just through school and meeting some fucking CRAZY people online, I can concur with this.

But if I had to agree with anyone who has responded it'd defienitely be Tape.

Chumbelina, your ex is a freak if you ask me, and be glad she doesn't want to talk to you anymore. I don't know you or her at all, but I know that kind of girl is nothing but fucking annoying. They think they've gotyou where they want you, and they never ever do. I hate girls like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast