FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Those are good points......wasn't really thinking this morning when I posted that. I might merit differently now, at least 1 into Phalanx II now I think. Most likely going to do what Aodh said now (1 PhalanxII, 2 SlowII, 3 ParalyzeII). It would help out on MP over time, which would cause less hate on healers most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Especially since its a lot more MP efficient than tossing 3-4 Cure IIIs during the 2 min 30 sec Phalanx II is active.
    Your previous examples gloss over a lot of things, 1 attack per 3 seconds on a paladin for instance. Although I'm sure there are situations like that, for most mobs you're going to have at least 2 tanks, sometimes even 3. Your Phalanx cost just doubled or tripled.

Also the very small amounts of damage we're talking about for Phalanx are much less than what you typically get in overhealing. A couple Cure Vs for 800+ will often overheal a tank by hundreds of HP, not to mention the random Cure III that other jobs might toss on.

And if we're talking 15-20 hp saved per 3 seconds (time between attacks in your example), thats not really comparable to Cure III, but it is pretty similar to Regen III. 20HP+ per 3 seconds for 64 MP. MP wise you're going to beat Regen III, but Regen III has some advantages of it's own. Regardless, when was the last time you saw Regen III contribute significantly to an HNM fight? WHM often don't even bother to keep cycling it on a tank, but I'm sure it has saved some paladin's ass at some point in some fight, but it's not typical.

I'm starting to think Phalanx to level 3 might be a good choice, but it's mostly for lack of other choices. Slow and Paralyze at level 1 seem to be far enough, higher tiers don't buy you a lot. Blind is an unknown still. Bio's DOT damage is too small to be worth getting for soloing and I don't think I'd use it or Dia in HNM situations.

ok this is only a small test done on Blind II
    (waiting on a good time to drag a NIN with platoon daggers to go crazy on me in diorama)

anyways I'm on PS2 and don't have a parser so the following test was done to average out the amount of misses a lesser colibri gets on me before I kill it with melee attacks

the fights average out to be 2minutes, when using a blind spell (I or II) niether has worn off early

average evaded attacks without any blind: 7.2
    average evaded attacks with Blind I: 9.8
    average evaded attacks with Blind II: 12.1

the potency difference is quite noticeable, colibri are much faster then normal monsters and have attack speed of about 180 (most mobs are closer to 240), I know that colibri are faster cause you get less TP from them when they hit you (you gain 1/3rd the TP an enemy gains for hitting you)

the fights averaged around 2min (give or take 10 seconds) so that's about 40 swings so back with the average evasion it looks like:

average accuracy against me without blind: 82%
    average accuracy against me with Blind I: 75.5%
    average accuracy against me with Blind II: 69.7%

seems about right, since slow and para vs the tier II versions has show about 6-8% more potency, so that's about right: the animation is quite neat~ (I'll try to post a few picks soon) and I'll also get to diorama some time this week where the NIN will parse his accuracy against me, we'll do test on no blind, blind I, blind I with INT equip, Kurayami: ni, blind II, and blind II with INT equip (this will also get some data on blind's effect with INT)

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I can't stress this enough.

Only put additional levels into TierII Enfeebles if you are lacking in M.Acc. The "Added Potency" is only at cap, which you will never see on an HNM or any mob of significant level.

Remember, you are not likely to ever cast these spells on anything that you can reach the cap on, unless for some reason you enfeeble Too Weaks...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    I can't stress this enough.

Only put additional levels into TierII Enfeebles if you are lacking in M.Acc. The "Added Potency" is only at cap, which you will never see on an HNM or any mob of significant level.

Remember, you are not likely to ever cast these spells on anything that you can reach the cap on, unless for some reason you enfeeble Too Weaks...
    How do you know it doesn't add potency below cap? Sort of like meritting skill. Meritting skill doesn't just raise the cap that you have to skill up to fill, it just simply raises your skill, and so has an effect even if your skill isn't capped.

Why can't the potency of tier II enfeebles be upgraded even if you're not at the cap on a particular mob?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Am I the only RDM out there that spams Blind for hate? lol I would love to have another Blind spell if it gives as much hate.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shivan00b2
    I just thought I'd add that Paralyze 2 overrides Jubaki and Paralyze 1...

And Slow II overrides Slow I AND Hojo Ni.

I haven't tested to see if a higher level Slow/Paralyze II overrides a lower level one, though.

Btw I capped Para and now have Lv2 Slow
    How many merits did you have into para 2?

Because my RDM friend is infinitely pissed that my 302 NIN skill Jubaku screws his para 2 with 2 merits in the ass, every single time.

And Skill+ doesn't affect proc (for NIN), just resists, since we were testing on VT / IT mobs.

His para 2 got No effect every time he tried to cast over my jubaku, so we eventually just started taking turns.

[edit] wow i'm retarded, you said right there you capped para. Ok yep, my bad '3'

If anyone on Fenrir has capped slow to test against Hojo Ni or Blind for kurayami, I'd be interested, might make me want to duo with RDM more.

I just want to say something: Though the cap is 6 total 3 specific I can guarantee it will be raised. Why? Because, looking at the abilities (specifically PLD's Iron Will and Guardian) they definately seem balanced for 5 merits. So if you are underwhelmed with your spells now, just wait a little while. You will surely be able to get enough merits to make your new spells worthwhile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6