Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RDM spell update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Omenter

RDM spell update

Anyone can please post the MP cost, description(phalanx2mostly), and recast for new rdm spell PLEASE

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

cause you needed to make a new thread for this? idiot.

ibtd

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Welcome to like 6 hours ago.

(also there are numerous topics on this already).

I used to think "ibtl" and "ibtd" meant "I'd ban the loser" and "I'd ban the dick"

:/

The more you know!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I got Dia 3 and it has a 30 second duration to start with. Kinda sucks for HNM but pretty good for merit parties.

Phalanx 2 here. I also got Slow 2 and Paralyze 2 but haven't had a chance to test them yet.

Phalanx 2 is castable on yourself as well as party members. Cannot cast it on people outside your party. Lasts for 3 minutes and seems to subtract more damage than normal phalanx. Again, haven't had time to test it.

Also waiting results on Ullikummi's new conditions. Seems the two PHs in the middle no longer stay just in the middle (not sure if this was true before, too). Bunch of gil sellers up here but no one is killing any statues yet.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/K ... alanx2.jpg

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

3 minutes is pretty damn nice for the first level enhancement of phalanx II. Looks like I'll definitely be picking that one up even if just one level of it. Just need to wait for the ballista tests to see how it is.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/K ... alyze2.jpg

Para 2

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/K ... /Slow2.jpg

Slow 2

Both don't seem to last very long and slow 2 doesn't slow down the mobs too noticeably... Para isn't proccing any more than normal either. Para 2 and Slow 2 also cost 36 and 45 MP.

Kind of disappointed but these are aura statues after all. ^^;

Friend also testing out Burst II up here (Kris). He says it's a long recast time (a minute and 30 seconds o_O) but does about 1700-1800 damage non-bursting. @_@

The Tier 2 enfeebs arent sounding to hot. I think the best grab might be Phalanx II and the Tier III dots. What does throwing multiple merits in each option do?

Anthon

Hello, first time poster long time reader of these forums

got para2 slow 2 phalanx2 earlier, also got the chance to test them out on faf, i noticed slow 2 seemed alot easier to stick and always stayed on for a long time. not sure if the %down is any different than slow1 though

para2 was harder to stick, but it did seem to be proc'ing more than usual

phalanx 2 doesn't seem to give anymore damage resistance than phalanx1, but i haven't really tested it

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

how much MND did you have when you casted paralyze II and slow II?

with paralyze I , MND is a huge factor. I use a 114 MND set up vs Fafnir and it proc alot.

if MND makes Paralyze I proc more, what really is the difference between Paralyze I and Paralyze II?

would paralyze I with 114 MND proc more than paralyze II with 70 MND?

im not gonna touch my RDM merits until i hear more feedback, seems like everything is not as good as we imagine.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

When I tested Phalanx II, I believe it lasted exactly 2 minutes. Another merit adds 3 to damage reduction and 30 seconds to duration. I also thought it seemed weaker than normal phalanx, but didn't didn't test enough to say for sure.

Dia III's 2nd merit description says it adds 30 seconds to duration and nothing else(I think). Looks like you need at least 2 merits in this, because spamming it every 30 seconds was bad on the mp.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

just did some testing on my Pld/War and Phalnax II owns. Its a 23%-31% reduction in dmg. Tried Juriks and Mamools in Thikets using tiamat lvl tanking gear and it was a solid 26% reduction on avg with phalnax II lvl 1. So yea imagine that on something like Tiamat. Reducing dmg by him by 40-60hp per blow is sweet. Cant wait to try it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana
    just did some testing on my Pld/War and Phalnax II owns. Its a 23%-31% reduction in dmg. Tried Juriks and Mamools in Thikets using tiamat lvl tanking gear and it was a solid 26% reduction on avg with phalnax II lvl 1. So yea imagine that on something like Tiamat. Reducing dmg by him by 40-60hp per blow is sweet. Cant wait to try it.
    Do you have actual figures (i.e. how many hit points) instead of percentages? Because Phalanx is a fixed amount of damage absorbed, not a percentage, so figures would be more accurate

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php? ... 55#2546455

Uhh either phalanx II is screwed up, or its absolutely worthless, normal phalanx overwrites phalanx II when casting it on urself, and if u try casting phalanx 2 on urself after u have normal pahalanx on - phalanx 2 has no effect. And it absorbs like nothin for dmg, i just got 1k needles for 938 dmg... with just jelly ring on
    Weaker than phalanx if you believe this guy.

I really am Thinking of just saying screw everything but Bio and Dia III as I see how the system is set up. Thinking of getting 1 maybe 2 merits in Dia III just to use in parties...put the rest in BioIII for HNMs so 30-60 seconds Dia IIIs great for the burning parties....2-2 1/2 minute Bio IIIs...great for the HNM fights. Everything else so far doesn't seem to blow my mind away like everyone thought they would at first..., but I suppose we know little and will have to wait till everything is tested out somemore

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Someone on KI did make a good point in that SE might be trying to start getting people to individualize in the game. I'm guessing you won't see a huge difference with one lvl in each (/cries), but it would be nice to see a test with capped merits into one spell. 1 point in phalanx 2 is enough imo, becuase the key factor there is that you can cast it on party members.

Has anyone spent more than one point on a spell and tried it out yet?

Still wish someone would post the shots of the merit menus for Rdm and drg with each choice.... give me a better feel for what upgrading it suppose to do

Does anyone know how many times you can upgrade a same merit of Group 2? Could you upgrade a merit 6 times, or is there a mini cap, like the group one caps at 5 upgrade?

And anyone knows the points needed for each stage? I know tier1 = 3points, tier2 = 4points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast