Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Corsair AF quests

AF1 Trump Gun

- Talk to the Ratihb at the Whitegate Teahouse (dunno if this is required).
    - Go to Arrapago Reef and check the ??? on the H-10 boat that you had to for quest to unlock the job.
    - You will get asked to get a treasure from either Shakrhami, Ordelles or Gusgen. We chose Shak, I have no idea what the other options do but you have to go Shak no matter what you choose.
    - Go to the Iron Door near where Argus spawns at J-9, check it and pop a Skeleton NM called Lost Soul (very creative Square). We had like 7 Corsairs fighting it and it wasn't exactly an AF1 calibre push over but not that hard.
    - Kill and check the Iron Door again for a cutscene.
    - Go back to ??? in Arrapago Reef.
    - Talk to Ratihb in Whitegate at the tea house to finish.

AF2 Corsair's Culotte

- Check the ??? in Arrapago Reef again for a cutscene. He will ask you to bring him a Hydrogauge.
    - Grab a fishing rod and bait (Composite Rod with either a Sabiki Rig or Sinking Minnow are confirmed to work) and fish at either Nashmau, either of the the Silver Sea boats or at either docks in Whitegate. I caught it on the second cast with 1 skill.
    - Trade the Hydrogauge to Leleroon in Nashmau (G-7).
    - Take the Hydrogauge to the Leypoint in Wajaom Woods.
    - Wait till 00:00 JST and check the Leypoint for a cutscene.
    - Head back to the ??? in Arrapago Reef to finish the quest and receive your pants.

AF3 Corsair's Tricorne

- Enter the Teahouse in Whitegate as Corsair for an automatic cutscene. (Just a quick note on this: when I entered the teahouse I didn't get a cutscene until I started to walk back out. Maybe it was Whitegate's insane lag or is this required?)
    - You will be given the Life Float key item to enter the BC at Arrapago Reef.
    - To get to the BC, you need to go to G-8 on this map;

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps_norma...ago-reef_5.jpg

The easiest way to do so is to us Dvucca Isle staging point and zone in at G-9 in Caedarva.

- The BC is a single party battle against a Blue Mage Galka (Gowan) and a Warrior Hume (Yazquhl). It is capped at 75 so don't waste time buffing prior to entry.
    - Both are immune to Sleep and Gowan is immune to Silence but Gravity works and Bind OWNS them. Be warned though that they share hate to a degree and will skillchain you if they have the opportunity.
    - They will both do their respective two hours and Gowan will spam Blue Mage spells during Azure Lore more so than before.
    - His worst spells we saw were Hysteric Barrage and Frenetic Rip. He can also use Yawn and probably other annoying status affecting spells.
    - I won as NIN, BLU, RDM (75) without any trouble whatsoever. It's so easy that we all agreed the RDM with us could've soloed it quite easily.
    - Corsair's Tricorne will come to hand (lol!) after winning the BC and sitting through the decent cutscene full of music I was wondering existed.

[Note] For the boots, gloves and body quests below, you need to have AF3 started or completed. When you do, go speak to Leleroon in Nashmau to get started on each of the pieces. Contrary to what I first thought, you can only do one per real-life day; it is impossible to get two letters out of him at once.

Corsair's Bottes

- Ask for the Blue Letter and you'll be told to head to the "mountain men, strooong and rocks nation" (Bastok).
    - Check the upper I-7 Door at Mines and you'll be asked for;

Karukul Leather
    Mithril Sheet
    Laminated Buffalo Leather
    Wolf Felt

- After trading the items he will be ask you for a fee of 4 Mythril Imperial Coins for his share.
    - Return at 00:00 JST to get your boots.

Corsair's Gants

- Ask for the Green Letter and you'll be told to go to the "big treee nation" (Windurst).
    - Head to D-7 in south Waters and examine the door on the ground floor of Old Miser's House.
    - After the cutscene you will be asked for;

Gold Thread
    Karakul Leather
    Red Grass Cloth
    Spool of Wamoura Silk

- After trading the items, the hawt 7a will ask for a fee of 4 Mythril Imperial Coins.
    - Return at 00:00 JST for your gloves.

Corsair's Frac

- Ask for the Red Letter and you'll be told to go to the "fooorest and castle nation" (San d'Oria).
    - Head to the Rusty Anchor Pub in Port and speak to Raqtibahl. He will ask you to bring him;

Gold Chain
    Velvet Cloth
    Red Grass Cloth
    Sailcloth

- After trading the items he will ask for a fee of a single Gold Imperial Coin.
    - Return at 00:00 JST for your body.

can you add whether you (need to) do these quests as cor or not.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by quannum
    can you add whether you (need to) do these quests as cor or not.
    No you don't you just need to accept it in Arrapago as Corsair. I strongly suggest NOT doing this as Corsair, a job built around piercing damage vs a mob build around taking no damage from piercing isn't a good combo.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Talk to Rahtib to gain your Trump Gun, after rechecking ??? in Arrapego Reef.

Woohoo! I'd figured out the first part by now, but do keep us updated on the later ones.

We chose Ordelle's Caves and wandered around for an hour before someone finally went to maze and popped it there. REGARDLESS OF YOUR CHOICE go to maze!!!

Soloable by a 75 WAR?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Not gonna do the other AF quests tonight, got other stuff to be getting on with. Rathib is definitly NOT the AF2 quest giver though so head back to Arrapago Reef again I guess.

Needing to get two Lamia Fang keys, spend 400 IS and a long ass journey for every AF quest is fucking retarded. gg square.

ls mate got another cs at the ??? after getting gun

on midgardsormr there was a archiac mirror right before the ??? with it's two lamia bodyguards.. lots of dead corsairs XD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think the Hydrogauge needed for next step in AF is dropped from a monster because it's in green, not blue like key items.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah, these Besieged updates can go to hell. I can sneak past True Sight mobs just fine, but the other retards who train it to me when I exit C/S can't...

BTW, you don't need any keys if you just warp to the Ilrusi Atoll staging point.

Falen

Got AF2 quest and it says I need a hydrogauge. I suspected the Northern port in Whitegate, so went there. Thought about it, those stupid orobon fish are bottom-dwellers and don't really drop anything. And like the previous poster said, this looks like a monster drop. Furthermore, these can be fished on the boat, and the reef, fulfilling that below the sea stuff.

Going to try to fish one up now and solo it. Let's hope! ^^

Edit: Unconfirmed, but I heard this is correct method. Fish him on the boat and pwn him. Good luck!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hydrogauge

Fish up the Hydrogauge in nashmau. Use a composite rod and a sinking minnow as the bait.

Hydrogauge is fished, either on the boat, or either nashmau or alzhabi ports.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hydrogauge found.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2379/hydroeb7.png

Mattaru just fished one of these up on the Ferry from Whitegate to Nashmau.

Edit: Orz... beat x2.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Re: Hydrogauge

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgoddess
    Fish up the Hydrogauge in nashmau. Use a composite rod and a sinking minnow as the bait.
    Just fish up the item, or do you fish up a mob and get it as drop? Sounds sweet if it's just the item.
    Edit: Nvm, answered as I posted.

Fish the item directly

Take it to Leleroon in G-7 in Nashmau (next to the card NPC)

Then I think take it to the Leypoint (doing this now).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Friend just told me you can fish it up in Whitegate too.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/dunca...hydrogauge.jpg

nothing happening now... we're gonna wait for the next game day and then check nashmau again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast