Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protect V = 5 more def.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Protect V = 5 more def.

Just got it and tested it on multiple people. Level 1 only gives 5 more def than Protect IV.

Capped enhancing, regular setup def for me: 240
    Protect IV: 295
    Protect V: 300

dotdotdot... and it seems the progression is two more def for each merit, so it'll cap out at 15 more than Protect IV? I'm not sure how worth it that is. Shell V looks to be an even worse progression because the help text says it gives 1 more magic def bonus for each level.

We can only hope the formula is wrong, but ... I dunno. Feels like I just wasted 3 merits, unless I'm looking at it wrong.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hahaha....I think pro and shell V are just fillers because SE couldn't think of anything useful to give to WHM.

DOUBLE YOO
    TEE
    EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That's pretty dissapointing. Have you tried out ShellV? Off the top of my head I think Shell4 did +44 magic def bonus.

Unfortunately I don't have any more merits to spend, and no time to get more until next week, so someone else will have to try Shell V. I'm assuming it's the same or worse because of the help text with "adds 1 point of magic def" per merit instead of the 2 points of def the Protect uses.

Really disappointing so far. I'm going to wait to see how much HP is converted on the job abilities before even thinking about meriting them. The help text on those seems to state that putting more merits into it only decreases the (long) recast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuvo
    That's pretty dissapointing. Have you tried out ShellV? Off the top of my head I think Shell4 did +44 magic def bonus.
    It (shell 4) does 20. 3 gives 15. 2 gives 10. 1 gives 5.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

When u look at the stats both protect V and shellV are uber.

SE counts evry stat in low numbers, because of the weird char vs mob stats.
    Why evry pld want one little + vit, becasue of +2 base def?
    Try to kill a protect V mob or shelled V with magic. The "suck"cess is great.
    Whm mag def bonus treat gets nearly doubled with shellV.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't have Pro or Shell V yet but my friend who does told me that Square haven't taken into account that players are still 75 and they're wearing off too fast. Think of how if you go cast Pro 3 on a level 10, like that.

Yup, noticed that in the Limbus run tonight. Kept yelling at everyone to watch their fumble fingers with canceling shadows, and it turns out the spell is glitched. Well, I'm gonna hold on to it to see if SE fixes it. Honestly, the merited spells and abilities should be uber, and even at full strength there isn't one that seems to be uber at all yet.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

5-15 defense will do something between nothing and almost nothing in terms of damage taken. I'd love to see what Shellra V does though, because you can definately tell the difference between shells.

Martyr and Devotion both take stoneskin for use :D My friend used Devotion w/ Stoneskin up and it didnt' take any HP from him but gave his friend 223 MP. ^^ I think martyr and Devotion are both worth putting into, and i think Pro V and Shell V would be better if they didn't cost 3 Points to get. I hate meriting WHM in the first place, the last thing i wanted was to spend 30k XP of crappy XP pts for 5 more defense that wears off quicker. Let's hope SE fixes it. As for now, I'm leveling DRK (Absorb-TP 4TW!) while it's still uber :D

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I don't have Pro or Shell V yet but my friend who does told me that Square haven't taken into account that players are still 75 and they're wearing off too fast. Think of how if you go cast Pro 3 on a level 10, like that.
    if you spend more points into it, does it also increase the time it stays on a person?

The description says it only increases defense. I think the duration is an issue with level, seeing as Bahamut is the only one that has ever USED Pro and Shell V and he's what, level 90? So yeah i think the issue is they need to adjust for the level.

Quote Originally Posted by NimrodofLakshmi
    As for now, I'm leveling DRK (Absorb-TP 4TW!) while it's still uber :D
    That time has come and gone...jk

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmm my tect5 didnt lasted less than tect4 i even thought it lasted longer,

I also merited devotion (1) and i think the cap is 250mp because i tried using more mnd gear Hp gear mp gear and nada still 250mp.

Wonder if cap goes up if you merit it again?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had high hopes for devotion, but 250mp isn't going to cut it. It looks like maxing out shell5 is the way to go for whm.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

iirc the difference between prt1/2/3/4 isn't all that much really. If you can merit it up to 15 more than protect 4 that's consistent with the other spells. I think Protect's go 10/20/25/40 on defense boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    iirc the difference between prt1/2/3/4 isn't all that much really. If you can merit it up to 15 more than protect 4 that's consistent with the other spells. I think Protect's go 10/20/25/40 on defense boosts.
    No, the first poster was right, Protect 4 is 55, not 40. So Pro V is 5 more than Pro 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandson
    I had high hopes for devotion, but 250mp isn't going to cut it. It looks like maxing out shell5 is the way to go for whm.
    It's 25% current HP. Go go galka! And yeah, Shell V looks like what I'll put my points into, although 1 point into Devotion wouldn't be bad. I haven't seen anyone test Shell V yet. Need to get someone to go with a BLM into Brenner.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even if Shell V is just a 5% increased reduction (base unmerited), thats actually really huge.