Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

JP POL users, assistance required please...

Well... I have no idea if this has to do with it but for the first time since having both NA and JP version, I updated NA version first. Now I'm getting an error whenever I select play in the JP version. However, the NA version works perfectly. I also did a google search and nothing was returned with the error code I got. I'm completely baffled as to what to do. I tried file check, copying the whole FFXI folder from NA to JP version and it still says there is not a correct install bus...(インストールバスが正しく有りません).

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/8...9001wr7.th.jpg

Any help anyone....?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's インストールパス(Install Path).

My guess is in your registry, but I don't have the smarts to help you with that. =P

OT: I updated my JP version first and it works fine!

You need to go into your registry and change the path that JP POL looks to for FFXI to match your installed English version.

Right now it's looking at Program Files/SQUARE/
    but the Enlgish version installs into Program Files/SquareEnix/

START->RUN->regedit
    will get you into the editor.

Then
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    PlayOnline (The Japanese version)
    PlayOnlineUS (The US version)

Look inside those folders, match the install path of XI in the JP part to the EN part.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason
    You need to go into your registry and change the path that JP POL looks to for FFXI to match your installed English version.

START->RUN->regedit

Then
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE

Look inside those folders, match the install path of XI in the JP part to the EN part.
    Who exactly said I don't speak japanese? I missread pa as ba, give me a break please. I made a mistake. Now please, would you mind detailing that a bit more? I'm not very used to mess with the registry and I don't want to mess anything up.

::edit:: I managed to modify it to the correct path. Thank you very much for your help and I saw your ninja edit . Thx, again.

It's ok I misread you, my mistake.
    In RegEdit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    PlayOnline
    Install Folder

Value 0001 is the path that JP POL looks to for FFXI
    Change this value to match

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    PlayOnlineUS
    Install Folder
    Value 0001

EDIT: Yeah I notcied my mistake right after posting so I didn't wanna be insulting. Sorry bout that, and congrats getting it all working

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am haveing the same Error how ever i only have the NA verson.

and i have been looking threw my Regedit files and everything looks just fine >< someone please help me out before i go over to Japan with some chop sticks and go postal on them.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Updated NA and JP version last night, no problems. My JP POL and FF11 are installed completely seperately from the NA version.

I did have an issue with my merits window not working... no categories appearing etc. That seemed to be resolved by a GM after I sent a message for help.

I also noticed that the JP POL viewer update was not as big as the NA one.

Best thing to do is to check and double-check your reg settings.

How many people just have the JP POL client installed and use the NA installation of FF11?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

thank you Aangeliceus and this is Netgear btw but umm really does not help me i went threw my Reg edit stuff and its all there for the install path's and so on ><

i'm in Reedit.

PlayOnlineUS
    InstallFolder

herez what i have
    Name Type Data.
    (Dafault) REG_SZ Nothing here
    0001 REG_SZ C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ <-- Part of Data.
    0002 REG_SZ C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\TetraMaster <--- data
    1000 REG_SZ C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer <-- Data

and thats all have i have.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I'd say that is correct....

I'm at work and I cannot look at my settings, however I do know that mine are seperate, so it looks like:

NA:
    C:\Program Files\PlayOnlineUS\xxxxxxxxxx

JP:
    C:\Program Files\PlayOnlineJP\xxxxxxxxxx

I just returned from Japan recently and I brought back the new DVD disc they have with FF11+Zilart+CoP+ToAU on one disc. I redid my install with that disc after my HDD crashed. I didn't notice any differences in the registry etc.

I'm sort of stuck, since I'm not at home atm... can't really help you anymore from this point. I'll poke around, however if it really is a path problem, should be easy to fix.

Aa

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

i updated my jp ff11 first then my na ff11. And i'm faced with this problem too. My registry points to the right path too though. Anyone here have the same problem as me?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

ok thanks ^^ lol best just quit your job and go home and help me fix this problem lol.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have the exact same problem but dont have jp version of POL just english (US) so uh how might i fix this? cause i know the path is right but my computer is just brain dead >_<

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the only way i fixed my problem was a total install ><

its not fun and i lost my COP disk #2 lol oo well good times!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

tryed that i check the registry and the guy i talked to for help told me to get an update for my graphics card thats old >.> a whole lot that did. lol i asked the guy "If i get this it will fix it" he said "This is a new error and we are working on it, we think its something in the hard drive area" yay no hope looks like i can work on my tan

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

In RegEdit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    PlayOnline
    Install Folder

Value 0001 is the path that JP POL looks to for FFXI
    Change this value to match

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    PlayOnlineUS
    Install Folder
    Value 0001
    Thank you for this solution as it provided a partial answer for me, as I have gone through the exact same problem Lasitha's been having. But it's not a complete fix. When I hook my JP POL into the English version of FFXI, it had to do a version check that takes about 20 minutes. Now it would load the game fine, but since it's reading off data from C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\, things like macros are still in English, and thus they don't work and take time to rework them (the JP equivalent to Provoke is 挑発, and it only recognizes one or the other).

Now whenever I want to go into the English FFXI (to watch cutscenes with better comprehension, etc.), I have to do another version check and retranslate my macros into English. So simply put, telling JP POL to find the English FFXI has helped me be able to type Japanese again. But it doesn't solve the issue of being able to go back and forth between clients in a speedy manner. I'm still kind of restricted to one client or the other.

Is there a way to successfully direct the JP POL to the JP FFXI again (which, from the sounds of Lasitha is just a copy of the English FFXI onto the JP FFXI directory)?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris
    Now it would load the game fine, but since it's reading off data from C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\, things like macros are still in English, and thus they don't work and take time to rework them (the JP equivalent to Provoke is 挑発, and it only recognizes one or the other).
    For whatever reason, I still have not run into this issue running two seperate installs of FF11..... The only thing I'll add to your comments... if you make the macros using the auto-translator in English or Japanese, they will criss-cross between versions. ex: /ma "(Cure)" <t> --- This would work in English or Japanese, of course you would see the Katakana in Japanese.

If you are working on learning the Kanji, Hira & Kata -- and are doing so this way, then that's up to you of course. This just saves some time if you need to transfer macro sets.

Aa

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I typed a whole reply to this and I just lost it all........ frigging computer.

Short version of my lost reply:

Friend had this problem, did a reinstall:

NA Version > C:\Program Files\PlayOnlineNA
    JP Version > C:\Program Files\PlayOnlineJP

This fixes the pathing problem created in the registry *IF* you were running a dual boot installation. The difference between my friend and I was that he had his regular install in the normal C:\Program Files\PlayOnline folder --- I've always had my installs setup in the manner mentioned above, which is how I escaped the problems with the pathing being broken.

My thoughts on the cause: When you install FF11, you get a PlayOnline entry in your registry regardless... by installing by the above method, you get PlayOnline, PlayOnlineNA & PlayOnlineJP -- which fixes the problem of just having a PlayOnline and PlayOnlineJP entry. Whatever they changed in the client, affected the install type and method.

Either way, the seperate and renamed installs for my friend fixed the issue. If you need a full version with the expansions in Japanese, you can get it here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s- ... -43-a.html

The isntall discs don't matter, it's the POL client that is the trigger for JP vs. NA --- The reg codes are only affected by country version. (as most of you know)

Sorry for bumping this old topic, but it didn't appear that SE was going to reverse/fix these changes. I hope this helps someone.

Cheers.

Aa

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha

START->RUN->regedit

Then
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE

Who exactly said I don't speak japanese? I missread pa as ba, give me a break please. I made a mistake. Now please, would you mind detailing that a bit more? I'm not very used to mess with the registry and I don't want to mess anything up.

::edit:: I managed to modify it to the correct path. Thank you very much for your help and I saw your ninja edit . Thx, again.
    Do you speak Japanese or not Lasitha? Your post was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris
    Thank you for this solution as it provided a partial answer for me, as I have gone through the exact same problem Lasitha's been having. But it's not a complete fix. When I hook my JP POL into the English version of FFXI, it had to do a version check that takes about 20 minutes. Now it would load the game fine, but since it's reading off data from C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\, things like macros are still in English, and thus they don't work and take time to rework them (the JP equivalent to Provoke is 挑発, and it only recognizes one or the other).

Now whenever I want to go into the English FFXI (to watch cutscenes with better comprehension, etc.), I have to do another version check and retranslate my macros into English. So simply put, telling JP POL to find the English FFXI has helped me be able to type Japanese again. But it doesn't solve the issue of being able to go back and forth between clients in a speedy manner. I'm still kind of restricted to one client or the other.

Is there a way to successfully direct the JP POL to the JP FFXI again (which, from the sounds of Lasitha is just a copy of the English FFXI onto the JP FFXI directory)?
    Back when I had both versions of POL installed (and a single FFXI install) I had to create a bunch of BAT files that moved stuff around. In particular, I needed to have separate Macro files, as well as a few files in the FFXI folder (file.txt, version-something.something, patch.ver, etc).

After you run NA FFXI, put a copy of file.txt, patch.ver and some of those other smaller files into a folder (I forget which ones you need exactly, start with just file.txt and patch.ver). Then run JP FFXI (it should do a small update and change patch.ver, file.txt, etc). Then back those up in another folder. This way, when you switch from NA to JP FFXI, you can "manually" do the patch by pulling the files from the correct folder.

It's ugly, but that was the only way I was able to run both NA and JP FFXI from a single installation.