Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Chocobo digging hit with a sledgehammer

As an A20 digger, fatigue has already set in at under 15 stacks of greens. Zoning doesn't help, new chocobo doesn't help, going on 6 stacks now without a single item in 5 different zones. A10 diggers are reporting similar conditions.

On the plus side, RMT bots won't dig. On the minus side, neither will anyone else. And in what little I got to dig, 'increased dig pools' means tons more pebbles and insect wings and no extra money digs.

If this was intentional expect elemental ore prices to jump sharply in the next month or so. I can understand adding fatigue, but taking something that a lot of legit players (and bots, I know) spent years leveling and turning it into something that's barely a diversion is pretty drastic.

Maybe raised chocobos will let you get 100 stacks or so in a day. I wouldn't mind that.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Digging is going to suck because the new digging areas are available now. You have to wait until the future when people let it die a little bit to really tell what the changes are.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

As i digger this pisses me off!

One can only hope that the bonus from raising and diging with your own chocobo will make things "normal" again, stoping people from boting 24/7

idk dam se >_<

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i'm not quite sure why you guys are getting fatigued so early... im A20 and ive been digging around, the only thing i notice is that after i dig up a few good items in the zone ill start digging up the really crappy stuff like bonechips and pebbles. maybe this system restricts you on the amount of good items you can dig up in a zone, to give others a chance of digging up equal shares

I did about 20 stacks myself before I stopped getting items. I did this in Altepa. I assumed Altepa was merely dug out since all the other diggers had logged in so I warped to the new areas.

Of course I didn't get crap after another 20 stacks. Not one item. Anyone know some of the drops of the new areas? I want to know if it's worth spending my small digging time per day there or not.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Asura's chobobo NPC is still out, but some of the "uber" items in new areas (from VNboards)...

Wajaom
    pine nuts
    moko grass
    ebony log
    pebble
    black choco feather

Bhaflau
    dried marjoram
    lesser chigoe
    colibri feather
    blue rock
    pebble
    pine nuts

...good god, what a bunch of junk...

And yes, it seems fatigue is set after 15-20 minutes (haven't tried it myself)....

on a funny note, bot diggers are still digging non-stop.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

WOW forget my last post, i just went digging in altepa, got 1 darksteel and 1 gold ore then couldnt dig anything anymore! Theres no way SE ment to restrict diggers this much, im hoping for a fix on this in the near future! ; ;

as for the stuff in the new areas, i wouldnt waste your time. The only things of value that i was able to dig up were Ebony and Petrified logs... not quite sure if this is the only valuable stuff there because it was pretty crowded with other diggers.

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what the fuck does A10 and A20 mean? I thought there were only 10 levels,.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what the fuck does A10 and A20 mean? I thought there were only 10 levels,.
    Haha, I was thinking of asking this too, I also have no idea where they got the "A" from...

E. Body
    BG Level

i believe it means time you have to wait after zoning to dig.

A10 = 10s?

The number stands for how many seconds you have to wait after zoning to an area(a).

edit: beaten like a redheaded stepchild

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok, I'm an A10 digger from Asura and went to deserts to do a small run. Below are my results:

(there were 2 RMT-Popopoy and Smally in west Altep an one regular digger in east)

10 stacks of greens.

WEST
    FAIL-1111111111111111111111111
    Pebble-11111111
    zinc ore-111
    Iron ore - 111
    Coral frag.-1
    Bone chip-111111111111111
    Giant femur-11111111
    DS ore-1
    Gold ore-11

EAST
    FAIL-111111111111111111111
    Bone chip-11111111
    Giant femur-11
    Zinc ore-1111
    mythril-1
    W.scales-111

WEST(again)
    FAIL-11111111
    Pebble-1
    Giant Femur-11
    Iron-11

(count the 1's to tally, I didn't feel like it )

Well, the deserts are diggable again...a pity that it's for so little time, as far as anyone can tell.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Chocobo digging is effectively worthless at this point. I really love all the time I spent for the past 6 months or so to get to A20 digging (we're talking anywhere from 2-8 hours a day for the last 3 months, every day) only to see it turn into complete shit. I really hope that SE made a massive oversight on this and is planning to fix it ASAP. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that fatigue would kick in after 15 minutes of digging. Unfuckinreal.

To the other diggers out there: I just tried again after waiting over 3 hours. I am still digging up nothing.

I filled out the Comments & Suggestions in the PlayOnline viewer telling them how I felt about their pathetic fatigue system. Like the other poster said - yup, the botters won't be digging anymore, and neither will anyone else. As my primary source of income in the game, if SE doesn't fix this I'll just quit. I also filed a bug report because as far as I'm concerned digging is broken.

For those that are just going to reply "oh you're just getting emo over it" picture this: you just leveled the only job you like playing in the game to 75 and have a lot of merits and gear invested in it. SE just made an "adjustment", now you can only play your character 15 minutes a day. Ya, it's about the same thing with digging.

GG, Square.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yea, 15 minutes for me as well. There's also no decrease in quality of items before it happens (got a p.stone, coral, gold and DS near the 15 minute mark of total dig time on a 2nd run, but not a single item after)

Smally logged off completely. So did Deger (on the same team, so, not a surprise).

Popopoy and Amcyore (another team) are both hanging in Rabao.

Palmery still logged on on port jeuno, no clue if active.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Chocodigging:

W16 - wait 16s between digs
    W10 - Wait 10s Between digs
    A50 - Wait 50s after zoning to next dig
    A10 - wait 10s after zoning to dig, Top Rank.

And variations inbetween.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I'm A20, and yes the items in the ToAU areas are not that great compared to the Zilart areas.

Chocobo digging will never be good again until something is done about digbottes. I swear, every time i see that bastard Giudecca on Bahamut, i want to kick a baby.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Same results. Dug up a lot more stuff... like pebbles and insect wings.

Used 20 stacks, four zones, three chocobos.

ToAU: Didn't find much of anything new, other than pine nuts. Zones were mostly dug-out, so I didn't spend much tme there.

Very disappointed with the change.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

wasnt there something about chocos you raise having an effect on digging? maybe all the diggers will have a better success rate when breeding starts. and theyre trying toget rid of the botters in between? who knows.

Yeah, I'm guessing this is just prepartations for choco raising. Expect another 4 months or so of crappy digging and hopefully youll breed the rare uber digging chocobo. Bright side, RMT is out of it for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina
    Smally logged off completely. So did Deger (on the same team, so, not a surprise).

Popopoy and Amcyore (another team) are both hanging in Rabao.

Palmery still logged on on port jeuno, no clue if active.
    I hate those guys. Maybe they're going to revise the changes once these RMT diggers quit completely. Either that, or they figure that those who are serious about digging will raise their own chocobo to specialize in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast